It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trans-Siberia Orchestra is just plain weird...

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 27 2012 @ 05:22 PM
link   
So its December 27th....two days after the holiest day of the year for Christians. I had recieved 4 tickets for a gift and took my girl and her two kids...thought it'd be fun to experience something different...and it was.

In case some do not know what TSO is...its an orchestra which according to commercials does cool remakes of Christmas songs set to a story. It also involves pyrotechnics and lasers. The commercials make it sound amazing really...until you actually go.

So we get there and get our seats...about 20 rows from the stage...awesome! Curtains open and you see the orchestra...or lack of one actually. I seen more instruments at a highschool musical and was left looking to see where the rest of them were. I counted 20 total insteument players...hardly a full fledged orchestra by any standard.
The story narrator begins by saying the title of the story is "Missed Christmas." It begins with a young couple in Chicago who fall in love and move to NYC to get married. As there are pauses in narration, the orchestra takes over with music...which 20 minutes in, resembles no Christmas music I have ever heard.

Please keep in mind that the audience is mainly KIDS. Mostly younger...like under 15.

So the story goes on to the girl getting pregnant and everything is upbeat and happy...minus any damned Christmas music. Then...things take a huge nose-dive.

During labor...the mother actually DIES. She DIES...on f'ng Christmas! Wtf!!!??? But it gets even worse...

After the mom DIES...the child is found to be RETARDED! WHAT!??

So far we have a Christmas story...two days after Christmas in real life, in which a mother and newborn child DIE!!?? At this point, my girls kids are as lost as I am. What the hell kind of devil crap is going on!?

So...after the kid is found to be a retard, his father commits him! Like...in a damned sanitarium....on Christmas of his 5th birthday!!!

I cannot tell you how the story ended because we left 40 minutes before the scheduled end of this disaster. And we weren't alone either...hundreds were leaving as we were.

The chatter outside in the parking lots was bad. Some wanted to march up to the box office at the stadium and demand a refund. Others just shook their heads. All had the same question though..."wtf was that crap!?"

Imagine taking your young kids to see an orchestra who claims to play Christmas music with a twist and instead get treated to a holiday story where a mother dies while giving birth to a retard on Christmas, only to have his father commit him 5 Christmases later. Then imagine that each ticket no matter where you sit is $48!! Add 10 bucks for parking as well.

What does this type of story teach the children that witnessed it?
Anyway...you have been warned...do not waste your money.

edit on 27-12-2012 by MisterMaster because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 27 2012 @ 05:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by MisterMaster
So its December 27th....two days after the holiest day of the year for Christians.

You obviously know nothing about either Christmas, or Christianity.

posted on Dec, 27 2012 @ 05:27 PM
link   

posted on Dec, 27 2012 @ 05:27 PM
link   
Too much weeds a bad thing.

Everything in moderation. TSO has always taken themselves too seriously, especially for a Rick back covering Xmas songs.

posted on Dec, 27 2012 @ 05:28 PM
link   
OP,

I like TSO music, but I would have hated that. I guess just stick to the CDs in the future?

posted on Dec, 27 2012 @ 05:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by SilentKoala

So its December 27th....two days after the holiest day of the year for Christians.

The thread has nothing to do with my knowledge of Christianity so word-vomit all over someone elses post.

posted on Dec, 27 2012 @ 05:35 PM
link   

posted on Dec, 27 2012 @ 05:40 PM
link   
reply to post by MisterMaster

That sucks man! I really wanted to take my wife to see them sometime, I heard they were great. Now I'm not so sure I want to after that debacle.
Well, I'm glad you at least took one for the team and reported back haha. Thanks for the heads up!

reply to post by dc4lifeskater

Originally posted by dc4lifeskater
what retard buys a ticket to something they know nothing about...

Why is it that the majority of anything you post is derogatory towards the OP while contributing nothing to the thread. You give no substance or insight to anything posted on ATS. Trolls don't last long here.

Oh and learn to read.

I had recieved 4 tickets for a gift and took my girl and her two kids

posted on Dec, 27 2012 @ 05:43 PM
link   
so because its a gift you can use no brain power to find out anything about what you are going to see so if it was a sex show i guess that would have been cool to bring ur kids.. yah makes sense.. refer back to my original statement...

posted on Dec, 27 2012 @ 05:44 PM
link   
I think they should show all kids the harsh realities of life

If you really didn't like it just get up and go.
Question though if it was just you and you're girl would you have enjoyed it?
edit on 27-12-2012 by boymonkey74 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 27 2012 @ 05:44 PM
link   
I go every year, I love that heavy stuff.

posted on Dec, 27 2012 @ 05:47 PM
link   
reply to post by dc4lifeskater

Oh you are such a good example of human nature in the festive time.... Not. What planet are you on to come on this thread and start a shameful approach to something that the OP was just informing on? People like you just make me wonder what the point of joining this website really is.

posted on Dec, 27 2012 @ 05:52 PM
link   

posted on Dec, 27 2012 @ 05:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by SilentKoala

The thread has nothing to do with my knowledge of Christianity so word-vomit all over someone elses post.

If someone makes blatantly false statements, I'm going to pull out the rod of correction, and deal them what is justly due. Deal with it bro.

posted on Dec, 27 2012 @ 05:57 PM
link   

posted on Dec, 27 2012 @ 06:28 PM
link   
How bizarre. Here is the whole story, on TSO's site.

posted on Dec, 27 2012 @ 06:29 PM
link   
The topic of this thread is:

Trans-Siberia Orchestra is just plain weird...

Do not discuss each other, or anything other than the OP.

~Tenth
ATS Mod

posted on Dec, 27 2012 @ 09:42 PM
link   
I have the TSO Cd and DVD of the one where a young girl runaway finds her way into a deserted theater. It is narrated by Ossie Davis and features quite a few very good musical pieces.

But, I too would have been terribly upset by the performance you described.

BTW & FYI - The TSO piece "Wizards in Winter" is one of the original pieces used for one of those fantastic computer controlled Christmas light displays

posted on Dec, 28 2012 @ 11:46 AM
link   
They were better when they were Savatage...

posted on Dec, 28 2012 @ 12:12 PM
link   
reply to post by happykat39

Its called "The Ghosts of Christmas Ee" and its awesome.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join