It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Kinder Eggs Vs the American Governments logic

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 27 2012 @ 05:09 PM
link   

Kinder eggs are banned due to kids chocking on them, not knowing there were a toy inside the egg ( the main selling point of the sweet...)

The threat from kinder eggs is far less than any kind of weapon, let alone a gun. So what gives - I fail to see the logic behind this. I was going to put this in jokes section but I wanted to see what type of discussions pop up on the serious side.
edit on 27-12-2012 by n00bUK because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 27 2012 @ 05:13 PM
link   
Seeing how the egg is marketed towards children and has a choking hazard because of a small toy inside, you can't use your own logic to see this?

You don't give guns to children to put in their mouth.

I mean lets just ask why Aspartame is legal here yet illegal in other countries, you compare apples to oranges, it doesn't work.

Reminds me of one of those facebook arm-chair activist posts.
edit on 27-12-2012 by Komonazmuk because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 27 2012 @ 05:21 PM
link   
reply to post by n00bUK

How about you UK and Aussies not worry about what happens over here?
I seem to recall a thread about UK docs wanting to ban knives because of all
the stabbings going on over there.
Wheres the outcry over that, huh?

posted on Dec, 27 2012 @ 05:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by Komonazmuk

You don't give guns to children to put in their mouth.

But they still do, and cause a hell of a lot more damage.

Apple to oranges? No. more like Nuke to potato gun.

Reminds me of one of those facebook arm-chair activist posts

You mean you right clicked the picture to open in new window to see it in its full form & noticed the facebook address. Congratulations, nobody cares about your vendetta with facebook.

posted on Dec, 27 2012 @ 05:24 PM
link   
Where I live the Kinder Egg is something really common here, hell even I love it. Still nowadays the surprise is awesome. And I never ever heard of some kid choking on it, in fact once I had a piece of lego in my nose so I think you guys should ban them too.

Little things are always dangerous for kids because they put everything in their mouths, thats wat kids do. Have you not eaten dirt too? It's the same thing.

It's ridiculous that those are banned.

posted on Dec, 27 2012 @ 05:29 PM
link   
Ohhh we are going to play chop quote eh?

But they still do, and cause a hell of a lot more damage.

What?

Apple to oranges? No. more like Nuke to potato gun.

You mean more like a gun is something you do not eat, and a chocolate candy egg geared towards kids with a small plastic toy inside

You mean you right clicked the picture to open in new window to see it in its full form & noticed the facebook address. Congratulations, nobody cares about your vendetta with facebook.

Actually no I did not right click the picture, it just had the feel of one of those stupid images people spam on facebook daily. My question being, why are you so mad? You claimed you were going to put this in jokes originally but seems you are close to foaming at the mouth, I gave you a calm clear answer a logical answer as to why one is legal and the other is not.

Agenda much?

posted on Dec, 27 2012 @ 05:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by Juggernog
reply to post by n00bUK

How about you UK and Aussies not worry about what happens over here?
I seem to recall a thread about UK docs wanting to ban knives because of all
the stabbings going on over there.
Wheres the outcry over that, huh?

An American telling me to keep my nose out? The Irony is killing me.

Our knife problem is like your problem you have with gangs and guns, # happens, our criminals stab each other, yours blows each others heads off. The other huge difference is that a guy hell bent on committing a massacre cant get that far with a knife, whereas with a automatic rifle hes getting rather far.

posted on Dec, 27 2012 @ 05:32 PM
link   
Kinder eggs taste crap anyhow, and the toys are just Meh.
Thinking about it though the chocolate does taste like USA made choco...and that tastes crap too, I always wanted a hershy bar but when I had one I chucked it in the bin..That is not chocolate.

posted on Dec, 27 2012 @ 05:37 PM
link   
Can I link to what I said in a thread very similar to this?

posted on Dec, 27 2012 @ 05:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by boymonkey74
Thinking about it though the chocolate does taste like USA made choco...and that tastes crap too, I always wanted a hershy bar but when I had one I chucked it in the bin..That is not chocolate.

Can you believe they drink Dr Pepper? What the hell is wrong with them?

Most stuff from America should go in the bin.

posted on Dec, 27 2012 @ 05:51 PM
link   

you spelled that wrong.
you meant to say 'kinder eggs taste awesome anyhow, and the toys are just awesome!'

posted on Dec, 27 2012 @ 06:00 PM
link   
Those things seem awfully big to choke on, don't they? Judging from the size I'm picturing them as, I'd struggle to even stuff one inside my mouth, much less try to swallow it. Unless absent-brained kids were biting off pieces of plastic and trying to eat them?

I can't imagine what the agenda could be for banning a children's treat. Zicam nasal spray, on the other hand, was a virtual common cold cure, so obviously it was quickly banned. The convenient excuse was that a few people lost their sense of smell because they used it improperly.

Sorry, had a bit of a mini-rant there. I used it once upon a time and loved it.... we just can't have good things anymore, it seems. Such as store-bought progesterone cream... wonderful stuff while that lasted.... Ah, don't get me started.
edit on 27-12-2012 by EllaMarina because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 28 2012 @ 02:39 AM
link   
reply to post by n00bUK

I live in Nebraska and I can go down to a local shop and pick these up by the case if I choose. I was turned on to these when I lived in Germany and was so excited when I found them just down the street.

reply to post by EllaMarina

Actually they are the size of a chickens egg. The chocolate exterior is about an eighth of an inch thick and the egg is hollow. Inside is a toy usually in pieces that must be put together. The toy when together stands about an inch to an inch and a half tall so you can imagine how small the pieces are. It is those pieces and the toy itself that is considered a choking hazard. It is not filled with cream like a Cadbury egg.

new topics

top topics

join