It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Jesus spent 40 days in the Desert. I only spent 21, but here's what began to happen;

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 27 2012 @ 08:38 AM
link   
Thank you for sharing OP and congratulations on getting back in touch with yourself.... a cleansing, rediscovery of what you once already knew but had forgotten.

Some may say, 'wow you went camping', I doubt their KOA campground version is the same as what you did.
I've been 'camping' before, but my time in the military taught me the benefits of months of solitude, with minimal provisions.

Setting off for a length of time in complete solitude, occasionally, is exactly what the people of today need to do. No phone, computers, no Mcdonald's.

Only whole foods, fire, water, meditation and time to think and read, connect with the earth, plants, animals, and sounds around them. Renunciation.

If only everyone would take the time to do what you did, I believe there would be less violence and hate in the world because garbage programmed into their heads by television, movies, lyrics, idols, video games, internet, junk food, instant gratification, fashion, and advertising would purge itself, revealing the amazing person inside.

Next time, one up it, lose the camper, hike in hike out with everything on your back.

edit on 27-12-2012 by Lonewulph because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 27 2012 @ 08:48 AM
link   
what immediately came to my mind was that you suppose that the retreat from society that Jesus underwent ...he was wrought with human uncertainties, frailities of the mind and a mental tabla rosa kind of thing

Would it be sacreligious to say that Jesus not being a common man.... actually spent those 40 days somewhere - but not in a desert with not a single survival supplie like a goat skin of water or dried jerkey to eat -

maybe he projected to 'EDEN' where an Angel is stationed to not allow mankind to enter
There in the fabled Eden, Jesus ate & drank & was fully sated for those less than ~6 weeks

lets see how many Sabbaths he would have been shuttered up, in his self determined exile

M T W T F S S
M T W T F S S
M T W T F S S
M T W T F S S
M T W T F S S
M T W T F

Ah Ha, at the average he did not celebrate 5 Sabbaths, he was in exile, in a solotary desert gulag situation...
so there were at least 5 days thaty he did not travel at all (in following religious law)

or did the Angels administer to his needs
so that the desert ordeal was not an ordeal at all, but rather more a planning session/ workshop for the rest of the Ministry
& just how he would accomplish desired results, including the realization that his death was the ultimate outcome no matter which policies were attempted

the tale has deep implications, whether his was more human stress or was removed from the human stress factor can be endlessly debated
edit on 27-12-2012 by St Udio because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 27 2012 @ 09:44 AM
link   
I'm surprised that when you went back into the city that you weren't in shock at the extremes they take to control your experiences, and the level of hypnosis that the city-dwellers are under. How did you re-adapt to civilized life after being a caveman for a while?

posted on Dec, 27 2012 @ 10:09 AM
link   
reply to post by Dominicus

Alright Dom,

The one thing I object to in your thread is you not interacting. Did 21 days in the toollies turn you into a Sosh ?
That's a direct question only asked to gain an answer.

Maybe at 40 days you'd go ferreell and turn Squatch. ?
]

I kid. Just try'n to G a response. I new your thread was a winner.

edit on 27-12-2012 by randyvs because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 27 2012 @ 10:31 AM
link   
reply to post by dominicus

LOL I remember my first beer.

posted on Dec, 27 2012 @ 10:42 AM
link   
Great post! As for me, I am trapped within this artificial bubble. I get 5 days off a year. I have two young children who need my care and I must work to provide for home, food, day care, utilities, other bills, sustanence.

I know this prison wall well. You were very blessed to be free for 21 days and the truths and insight you gained will offer a lifetime of value.

Thankfully, I have been able to detach myself ad can relate with your experiences. Even though I live within this prison wall of society, having a close relationship and love for God provides me the strength and endurance to continue yet another day.

The greater good is that my children grow up as meaningful beings and hopefully can contribute in ways that I was never able to. A lifetime of povery and other abuses sort of stacked the cards against me.

We do all die one day. For me, I live to provide for my family and friends... and I continue to live to do this.

posted on Dec, 27 2012 @ 10:42 AM
link   
reply to post by randyvs

I have the same problem, this seems to be a troll thread. I mean he did start off by comparing himself to jesus... I'm not religious but I don't think I can take you very seriously after that. Also no time in the wilderness with proper sustenance will make you hallucinate, unless your partaking in some illegal drugs. My two cents but you know I've spent more time in nature then most, and by his explanation, every tribesman/woman/eskimo must be tripping balls all day long!

posted on Dec, 27 2012 @ 10:44 AM
link   
I am from NY City and lived all over the US working as a contractor. WHen I retired I came and visited the mountain towns in the Smokies. I felt so at ease. Everyone seemed content though they had not much wealth at all. Very poor indeed. But yet they seemed to have this thick sense of communtiy and a peace that goes with no understanding until I too settled here.
These mountain folks are always out and about taking in the beauty around them. They help all who needs it. They have many Churches and seem to all belong to one or the other.
There are all forms of religions not just Baptist. New Age ones abound. Even pagan cults are out here.
But they all kinda just let each other be who you wish to be.
My property is in the forest and there is this spiritual feeling that runs through you. It must be a blessed spot the Smokies.
The Cherokee say that thier name means first peoples who care for the Earth. That these mountains are where they were placed by whom they describe as a SPirit being working through the one true God(Yahoahay) spelled wrong. SOunds like tat though.
Actually they feel that this is the Central Part of this planet and they were never to leave but care for it.
In the early morning the mst arises up from the valley's and it is awesome.
I have never fely so much beter spiritually then here. Never was interested in increasing my knowledge until here. Never was I interested to just sit and look at the mountains around me in avery relaxed and comfortable way.
When I return to the cities of my youth I feel as if I am going to die. Can't believe how much dirt I lived in and the hate, well seems all are out for themselves. Very un-natural know and I can't wait to get back to the Mountains.
I wanted to move up there and help with Sandy victums but evryone was so Jersey I got sick and ran home.
Life in these Mountains can bring one, like myself who never really had peace of mind, peace of mind.
That's the key. Not money and not even family for there is tension and stress in those things we are raised into.
I suggest that since I am dying that someone out there on ATS might like to have a house like mine when I'm gone. Also have a trout stream and large Victory Garden with Solar power for house and wood heat.
If so just privat message me.
Get out of the cities.

posted on Dec, 27 2012 @ 10:50 AM
link   
When I was younger from maybe the age of 6-16. Every year my family would spend two weeks in the woods on a piece of land one of my father's friend owned and used for deer hunting. The amount of land was huge, and the nearest people were a good 5 miles away. The nearest town with a store. A good 45 min+ drive.

We used to stay in this tiny beat up trailer, the six of us. Some of my best childhood memories were from our trips there. When I was around 13 my Dad's friend had a very large house built on the land, with full electricity , indoor plumbing, refridgerator, gas stove, even satellite TV. It was never the same. We went up there for another 2 or 3 years after then just stopped going.

We all agree when we'd look back on those times how much better it was being crammed into that little trailer with nothing but a wood burning stove, a small table and small bunkbeads. When it rained we'd all run outside to catch water with buckets and pots. We'd spend most of the time outside Walking the mountain side of his property during the day, and around a large campfire at night. It was amazing at night, if it was clear, the sky was so filled with stars, it seemed there was almost no blackspots between them at all. Going back to live in the bright city, you barely can even see the stars, let alone notice them, and just enjoy looking at them for hours.

I wish I had the time and money and place to go even if it was just camping for a couple weeks. I really think spending 2-3 weeks (or more if you can), is great for one's mental health and general outlook on life. I spend most of my time alone so I don't think the solitude would be a problem, but the same fears the OP'er experience in the first few nights, I'm sure I'd get those heh.

thnx for excellent the post Dom, I'm gonna make it a point to go outside tonight and take a lawnchair out-back and just look at the stars; weather permitting.

posted on Dec, 27 2012 @ 10:54 AM
link   
reply to post by NoJoker13

tripping balls

You must be a stud ?

It really does a thread no justice not to interact on threads a person writes. Choosing to be be oddly unavailable for a single response. IMO of course. I know my avatar would be everywhere.

edit on 27-12-2012 by randyvs because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 27 2012 @ 10:57 AM
link   
Wow it only took you 3 weeks in the desert to realize the holly crap pile we call society is. A farce to keep us well in the dark so we may never be enlightened or empowered.

I figured this out well before I was 18 years old. Now getting close to 40.

We are the cancer not the world around us. Everyday I wish I was something other then human but I guess I have to just live it.

Things are the way they are because we let it happen. Its not God, Jesus, the easter bunny, Santa, or Satan its us.

WE choose to let our own starve in other countries, WE let our governments tell us how to live. WE let the corporations treat us like slaves.

I'm glad you had your epiphany now its just 7 billion and counting that need thiers.

posted on Dec, 27 2012 @ 11:01 AM
link   

I have fasted for 11 days without food and it was very mind clearing. My next fast will be 20 days. I have a friend who fasted 40 days and on day 40 received something that to this day she will not discuss in great detail because of the rantings of some who would say that it was food deprivation. She felt purer, cleaner, more fit and at peace than she ever felt in her life.

I commend you for having what many do not have and that is Faith to pursue what was in your heart.

Way cool thread and thanks for sharing something very personal even though there are the typical numnuts on here who have to belittle there are many folks who appreciate your heart and faith!

posted on Dec, 27 2012 @ 11:09 AM
link   
You can come to all of these realizations and more, without any requirements.

It doesn't matter where you are, or what you eat, you can even be poisoned or healthy.

No aspect of "reality" can prevent you from tapping into your inner sense and reason.
It is entirely a personal choice when one decides or chooses to think whatever they want to think.

We can visit the desert, jungle, or mountains simply by allowing our mind to go there.
It exists within, not without.

Enlightenment comes from self-reflection and deep thought.
Something you can attain anywhere, anytime, any circumstance.

Requirements are a sign that one is not quite that far down the rabbit hole yet.
There are no requirements, save your own motivation and determination to open your mind to all that exists.

posted on Dec, 27 2012 @ 11:16 AM
link   
count me in - good read and an experience you will never forget.
not sure how 'society' happened - but yet here we are w/ little choice and the need to eat,shelter and stay warm.
glowing trees - sounds great - you weren't by chance watching the 'Hobbits'...

posted on Dec, 27 2012 @ 11:22 AM
link   
when you say
things began to make sense. Society seemed artificial

sounds exactly the same when people do psychedelic drugs to find out more about themselves. Many say its the top 3 experiences they've had in their life. Be opended minded when it comes to these things and don't label it the same way society does.

posted on Dec, 27 2012 @ 11:22 AM
link   
reply to post by YAHUWAH SAVES

I am open Brethren and we are tauht to follow scripture word for word. And that there is no clery cause we are all made Priests when we accept him as our life force. He instills in us a peace that has no understanding just like the forest has. We were not made to live in a World of greed and lusts. We were made to be higher then the so called Angels or Watchers. We lost that do to stupidity.
In my faith we are taught to fast once a week and it is good for our souls.
That we are to help carry our brothers and sisters burden.
That self service leads to destruction and sin.
Serve others and no drug in the world can produce the inwarn feelings you recieve by helping to carry anothers burden.
The WAY was just this until the WAY was taught no more.

Read the Harbinger and the 1977 book Life after Life. There you will see the experience I had and many others. There is life after life but not with suicide. We can't Kill another no matter what and we can not kill ourselves.
We are to pass through this finite to the infinite.

posted on Dec, 27 2012 @ 11:27 AM
link   
Thanks for inspiring me. I think I will try to do that one of these days.

posted on Dec, 27 2012 @ 11:28 AM
link   

I have gone thru a similar event. But as far as Jesus goes, what do people think he was doing down on his knees?

People forget that Jesus was meditating. They do not want to make that link between Jesus and other religions, but that was what he was doing, that is real physical/mental prayer. What was happening in his story is quite natural. If one separates from their day to day reality, meditate and fast, they will experience the same things that you and Jesus did. If you were to continue you would have lured in disembodied entities that would try to take advantage of your new state of mind, this opening of your soul. Strength of purpose and awareness would have got you past them [i.e. be gone Satan] to the other, more righteous spirits beyond. You would have had an even deeper religious experience.

For those who do not believe in Jesus, this is still the natural order of the system, this is the way it works in the real world. As history has shown us, the process can be speeded up by using natural drugs. Even drugs such as '___' can produce the same effect as what a Buddhist monk achieves after hours of meditation. Remember, all things are natural and are created by natural ingredients. Aluminum does not just come out of thin air.

The end result is, when one’s mind is elevated to a different plane, a religious experience will occur. Many of the great religions come out of the desert because of the empty solitude and what it does to cleanse your mind.

posted on Dec, 27 2012 @ 11:29 AM
link   
reply to post by arpgme

He is the brother to Jesus. You are the brother to Jesus. This long-con of making Jesus into something-you-can-never-be did more to distort the eternal "now" than any false-flag's or PTB can or will ever do.

You won't see or understand because you can't. The Empire never ended.

posted on Dec, 27 2012 @ 11:31 AM
link   
I don't want to be "that guy" but do we have any physical proof of this "jesus" guy ever existing?

Same with Santa Aliens Bigfoot and Mr peanut.

People will say they exist will all their hearts but I've only seen these beings on the television.

And I think we all know our views on the television

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join