It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Jesus spent 40 days in the Desert. I only spent 21, but here's what began to happen;

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 27 2012 @ 01:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by murphy22
reply to post by dominicus

So your a weenie and Jesus was not? That's all I get from This. Jesus was more than a man than we'd ever be.

What does this mean? Jesus was a man like the rest of us, just as perfect in the eyes of God.

posted on Dec, 27 2012 @ 02:33 AM
link   
Bravo dominicus, nicely written

Inspiring

posted on Dec, 27 2012 @ 03:05 AM
link   

fantastic thread.

do you think the experience would be the same if you took a loved one with you?
the loved one would fast the same way you do.
also, before you fasted did you go to see a doctor or maybe see one when you got back? putting the body in that much shock (fasting) could be hazardous.

edit on 27-12-2012 by subfab because: added some text

edit on 27-12-2012 by subfab because: added more text

posted on Dec, 27 2012 @ 03:20 AM
link   
Well, what you experienced is being free from the delusions society puts on you. When you are in society, you are forced to follow rules that have nothing to do with being healthy in reality, but have to do with being healthy culturally. For example, you might be forced to follow irrelevant social norms in order to get food or shelter.

When you went to the desert, it took a while for all of this to leave you - but it wasn't needed anymore because you were not in society and could bypass all of the bull#.

If you are able to harness the same energy that you found in the desert while in society, you will become a great person.

posted on Dec, 27 2012 @ 03:25 AM
link   

Are you describing a muystical experience you had

You havent had any estastic visions or anything like that did you?

Didnt see a burning bush? hear any voices anything like tht?

I think we need to keepour supernatural epsiodes down to a minimum with life to deal with and all that.

posted on Dec, 27 2012 @ 03:26 AM
link   

Not to knock your thread or what you are saying, but you found some deeper you just by getting away for 21 days? In Kentucky we do this stuff regularly, it's called camping. I think you just scratched the surface. Do this for a year or so and you might really get somewhere.

Naked camping is the only way to go. You freed yourself from your technological connections but there is nothing that feels weirder after a life of decency than standing naked in the middle of the woods lol, then.. complete comfort.
edit on 27-12-2012 by GogoVicMorrow because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 27 2012 @ 03:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by AthlonSavage

Are you describing a muystical experience you had

You havent had any estastic visions or anything like that did you?

Didnt see a burning bush? hear any voices anything like tht?

I think we need to keepour supernatural epsiodes down to a minimum with life to deal with and all that.

What is 'supernatural'?
I believe 'supernatural' means to feel really natural. How many peole are there, do you think, that feel supernatural? To be free to be exactly what you are - is what i believe 'supernatural' is.
Most peole feel unnatural, alien and lost.

To be happy is to let the happyning happen.
edit on 27-12-2012 by Itisnowagain because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 27 2012 @ 03:43 AM
link   
reply to post by Itisnowagain

What is 'supernatural'?

Eating 5 hamburgers in one sitting.

I believe 'supernatural' means to feel really natural. How many peole are there do you think that feel supernatural?

Go to Macdonalds and you may havea mystical experience

Most peole feel unnatural, alien and lost.

Makes sure to wash it all doen with coke or pepsi. It may be lost but a spirtual journey will purge the demons the next day.

posted on Dec, 27 2012 @ 03:44 AM
link   

posted on Dec, 27 2012 @ 03:55 AM
link   

Thanks for sharing, was lovely to read.

I had a similar experience in Vipassana course, after 10 days of silence and meditations and feeling peacefulness, I found it hard to readjust myself to society, I just wanted to be at peace (still am).

I remember stopping somewhere on the way back to get on a different bus, and I went inside a restaurant to get something to eat and it was so crowded and the queue felt so dense, so intense that I felt overwhelmed by the craziness of society, all of a sudden what people cared about is whether this type of food had onions or should we get more ketchup with the burger, and it just shocked me of what people are giving their full attention to. I left the place and walked away, just to be with the desert and feeling God's presence, which was so lacking in the presence of noisy humans.

The hypnosis our society lives in just doesn't make sense anymore after such experiences, life is not what most people think it is.
edit on 27-12-2012 by Shuye because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 27 2012 @ 03:55 AM
link   

Was i just subject to a mystical experience

posted on Dec, 27 2012 @ 03:57 AM
link   
Thanks for sharing your experience. I live alone and finally have found peace in solitude.

We can't help interacting with the world, but we can limit the amount of stimuli we allow in as to do so lowers our stress levels and pace. Trying to keep a certain amount of detachment through limiting the stimuli makes me feel a lot healthier and happier. I hope you can apply some moderating methods too, to keep your experience alive. Well done.

posted on Dec, 27 2012 @ 04:06 AM
link   
reply to post by aboutface

True solitude can be experienced anywhere and everywhere when 'true' solitude has been found.
True solitude is when the person in the head goes away. When the other person that speaks and judges and critizes and worries that causes the fear goes away, and you are just left with what is actually happening all around. There is silence in the mind because you are alone at last.
The teddy bear that most people carry around (mentally, not physically like when a child) it first used for protection against the world but it turns into the monster in the head that prophesises doom and gloom, it causes the fear that we carry.
Only when the teddy bear is put away and we stand alone will true solitude be known. And then there is peace and joy.
Dancing with no one watching.

posted on Dec, 27 2012 @ 04:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by Shuye

Thanks for sharing, was lovely to read.

I had a similar experience in Vipassana course, after 10 days of silence and meditations and feeling peacefulness, I found it hard to readjust myself to society, I just wanted to be at peace (still am).

I remember stopping somewhere on the way back to get on a different bus, and I went inside a restaurant to get something to eat and it was so crowded and the queue felt so dense, so intense that I felt overwhelmed by the craziness of society, all of a sudden what people cared about is whether this type of food had onions or should we get more ketchup with the burger, and it just shocked me of what people are giving their full attention to. I left the place and walked away, just to be with the desert and feeling God's presence, which was so lacking in the presence of noisy humans.

The hypnosis our society lives in just doesn't make sense anymore after such experiences, life is not what most people think it is.
edit on 27-12-2012 by Shuye because: (no reason given)

Hell is other people. Sartre.

The great thing is this hellish place with hellish people can be watched from heaven. You can be in total peace watching the madness, it's very amusing, it's a real joy.

posted on Dec, 27 2012 @ 04:16 AM
link   

The great thing is this hellish place with hellish people can be watched from heaven.

From Hell to Eternity the highway to infinity.

posted on Dec, 27 2012 @ 04:19 AM
link   
That was a wonderful piece of writing. Yes, my experiences have been similar to yours but I supposed that I was always prone to such things. I wonder whether atheists would have such experiences?

The question is having returned to "civilisation" how have you changed or perhaps what have you retained from your spiritual existence?

Perhaps a sequel is in order?

Tiger5
edit on 27-12-2012 by Tiger5 because: typo

posted on Dec, 27 2012 @ 04:22 AM
link   

This thread is one of THE threads that touches on how regular Sheeple, the idiot masses can actually do spirituality 101.

And it works

I know it works, cause I have done something similar before, (not as many days though)

Yeah there is definitely something attractive to flipping a finger to this society, and leaving it behind.

I star and Flagged this thread, and I don't do that often.

edit on 27-12-2012 by JewAgainstZionism because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 27 2012 @ 04:25 AM
link   
reply to post by JewAgainstZionism

But you can't hide in the woods forever!
You actually have to live with what is.
True peace can be carried with you where ever you go but it has to be found inside - not outside in a wood or retreat somewhere.
You can be on a silent retreat everywhere you go. Just find the silence within and watch the happenings from there.

posted on Dec, 27 2012 @ 04:39 AM
link   
If society is driving you crazy the option is escaping the desert but ultimately its irrelevant the location as once the spring in your head goes boing you do this, runaway! from everything and everyone.

" target="_blank" class="postlink" rel="nofollow">www.youtube.com...

posted on Dec, 27 2012 @ 04:55 AM
link   
A man who is taken into the dessert will never come back out.
youtu.be...

new topics

top topics

active topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join