It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I need your help identifying some information

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 26 2012 @ 02:25 PM
link   
reply to post by Brotherman

Hey bro again thank you, if you know anyone that is into space stuff on this forum could you please either refer them to this thread or to PM me?

No problem. I'm sure the space experts on ATS will find this thread, as it is pretty darned interesting material

I'll try and do a little more research when I get some time.

posted on Dec, 26 2012 @ 02:37 PM
link   
reply to post by Zarniwoop

I guess like they say pics or it didnt happen, still wish I had more knowledge about how all this older stuff worked, i am most interested since at the moment it is impossible for me to pop these suckers in and watch them to find out what I can about the info on the outside.

posted on Dec, 26 2012 @ 02:46 PM
link   
reply to post by dc4lifeskater

Ok I got the pictures linked and they work thanks anyways photobucket was the first thing I thought to use

posted on Dec, 26 2012 @ 02:52 PM
link   

You could always go straight to Goddard and ask them. Based on the dates, you don't have the missing Apollo 11 tapes they are looking for, but I'll bet they can give you general information as to what is on the ones you have...

Goddard Request

If men in black suits show up at your door, you'll know you have something special

posted on Dec, 26 2012 @ 03:06 PM
link   
reply to post by Zarniwoop

IDK what they are if men in black show up lol they get treated like any other common thief unless they come armed with memory erasing devices hahahaha jk.

www.washingtonpost.com...

en.wikipedia.org...

Found those interesting cause you said something
edit on 26-12-2012 by Brotherman because: (no reason given)

lol maybe to help me get people more astute to research I shouldve changed the title to mass shooting on the moon jk (probably in bad taste js)

posted on Dec, 26 2012 @ 05:26 PM
link   
Also other than the gray ones I have this red one as well

i1343.photobucket.com...
i1343.photobucket.com...

posted on Dec, 26 2012 @ 05:39 PM
link   

From your first pic on your post I replied to, I saw this

Ampex Computer 834

So I Googled it...and found this...might at least allude to what's on it, my guess is data.

recordist.com...

Scroll down and you'll see what 834 is for...

834-- computer tape (1966)

Not much, but maybe a start..then there is this as well.

Ampex History may be another avenue to pursue in regards to reading/translating the data you have.

Interesting, good luck...subscribed to the thread to keep abreast of the findings. S&F

posted on Dec, 26 2012 @ 05:44 PM
link   
reply to post by UberL33t

Thank you, I just scrolled through and initially looked at what you said, I wonder if this rules out video? I know that who they came from was a computer scientist for them at the time and like I said he said, these are from the apollo mission. I did email and call that scientist steve cowhan that another posted these R2Rs are not of a regular size and do weigh quite a bit.

posted on Dec, 26 2012 @ 06:30 PM
link   

My first guess wouldn't be video. If it is in fact data, then you have the next bridge to cross in that you'll have to determine in what language the computer data is written in order to properly decode/decipher/extrapolate it. If you make it that far, then you'll need to be able to determine what exactly the data is. Meaning if it is pressure readings on fuel supply lines on the Apollo 5 rocket, that information may not be distinguishable at first glance.

Not trying to rain on your parade at all, but if it is indeed data, you have a lot of work cut out for you I believe. But, it would indeed be a challenge that would at least be a good conversation starter for decades to come should you extrapolate any data.
edit on 12/26/2012 by UberL33t because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 26 2012 @ 06:38 PM
link   

I hope I get ahold of that nasa watch guy, I would send him the stuff to analyze he would be more equipped to that then me, im not a super wiz of 60s computer tech. If I have something cool then also Id hope to be able to share it. Its actually a mind**** for me to know I have something cool just not exactly how cool, actually quite hate that idea really

posted on Dec, 26 2012 @ 06:52 PM
link   

I hope you get some answers as well. I'd love to visit this thread down the road and see that you've posted some fascinating information.

Because this is a conspiracy site i would be remiss if I didn't mention this...before you send these tapes off, to anyone. Please do take more photos just for the purposes of proof that you were in possession of them prior to sending them off i.e. take a few photos with the day's newspaper to show the date, some photos showing you in the picture, the room in your house where they are housed, etc.

In the event that you send them and the one's you send it to say "what tapes, who are you, security!!", just conspiratorial food for thought.

posted on Dec, 26 2012 @ 06:57 PM
link   

These arent the only tapes =D these are just the first of a whole hell of a lot more stuff I would like to find out what they are all about, these are the ones that have the most info on them. I will most certainly take your advice though

posted on Dec, 26 2012 @ 07:21 PM
link   
I don't have any detailed info on that tape format, but I know where to find some retired folks who do. I'll see if I can make inquiries tomorrow.

posted on Dec, 26 2012 @ 07:23 PM
link   
reply to post by ngchunter

Roger that, if you need more info from me about them I can give you all the numbers initials for confirmation and all the info written on them I would be more than greatful for the help.

posted on Dec, 26 2012 @ 07:57 PM
link   
Update

I talked to Keith from space watch, he didn't say much about what these are he stated he was a terribly busy guy but is aware I contacted him and he will look into it and said he will be in contact with me in a few days. I did feel bad he sounded very busy but on behalf of anyone interested in this I did tell him how grateful I am for him looking into this. I hope some of the hardcorp space guys get involved in this from here on ATS I really want to know what this is all about.

posted on Dec, 26 2012 @ 08:41 PM
link   

Don't be a FOOL, you have to discover what's on the tapes without NASA or Government,

ignore the movie educated fools on this site, if you see Gov Agents its too late, and they will most likely steal the tapes when you are in store or something, be smart, keep in mind just how criminal and cunning your government is. Good Luck

edit on 26-12-2012 by JewAgainstZionism because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 26 2012 @ 09:05 PM
link   
reply to post by JewAgainstZionism

what do you suggest? the last working piece of equipment that can play or decode these styles of info storage was found in a chicken coop and required some really old guy that came out and help fix it for another guy that collects this sort of stuff so far that is the best info I have Im here to learn about the tapes and record findings spread the word I am looking for help finding tangible info or share some please. I don't trust alot of things but if I go down I am naming you as the guy that tipped me off lol jk bro

posted on Dec, 26 2012 @ 09:41 PM
link   

You really need to store the whole lot somewhere. If you don't know what you have, you don't know what you have? Simple as that. That in my mind would be a red rag to a bull. So, take them and stash them. Only talk to people that are on the same level and use google.

Report back to us on a half daily basis and inform us of your findings.

As I stated, YOU don't know what you have. So, you may have something,, RIGHT?

Want to know more!! Good luck!

Capt

posted on Dec, 26 2012 @ 09:58 PM
link   
reply to post by CaptainBeno

its been established until new info comes to my attention and for that of ATS that their is only one machine that can use this style of stored info its kind of a bummer, it is also so far a fact that these may contain video but are computer storage logs ampex 834 reels they actually do weigh a ton and I have 11 of them the info other guys provided so far has lead me to all kinds of really cool info. I do not know what I have but the guy that can probably find out is a scientist that has the equipment and I did email him and sent him pics I didnt put on ATS and then called him again and he did say he would get back to me so if I have something than I will give it to ATS I will probably have to send him a sample but if that is what it takes, these have been sitting for awhile like I said how this whole thing came to be is not such a relevant story cause I don't want speculative commentary to clout what I am trying to do here I really do need help finding the answer. Info so far one guy has a machine to read these, also standing by for someone with another source to say they can have someone else read them fact is I cant read them these reel to reels are huge

posted on Dec, 27 2012 @ 04:33 AM
link   

You do realize that NASA or Government is not your only option

I know this is going to sound completely crazy to you (Because you are American)

But why don't you take a trip to Europe, or China or Moscow

Make a deal with foreigners to play the tape live with you there and give you a digital copy.

Honest to God when it comes to something like this, you can trust foreign government
more than your own.

Of course, this would mean you spending 10 k on a trip like that,

Hey no one ever said research into the unknown is cheap or without risk

If you can't afford a 10 k project like this, find a real ball buster like Jessie Ventura
or Alex Jones, someone with money, and NO fear of the government,
let them spend 10 k to play it out.
edit on 27-12-2012 by JewAgainstZionism because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join