It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ha ha, Meet the press host under investigation for holding up "illegal" high capacity magazine

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 26 2012 @ 11:50 AM
link   
reply to post by roadgravel

They can't claim ignorance of the law. As I understand it, the producers? of the program went to the DC Police to ask if they could do it. Police said no. They did it anyway.

I guess their ratings are so low, they figured no-one on the DCPD would be watching.

posted on Dec, 26 2012 @ 11:50 AM
link   
reply to post by TheCanuckian

Wow you need a laxitive you are so full of crap. What gun law ever reduced crime? Can you show just one gun law enacted other than Kennesaw Ga that caused gun crime to go down? And, if you are refering to the recent shooting that gun was taken from his mother. HE DID NOT LEGALLY BUY THAT FIREARM!

As far as my childrern go I want them to have the legal right to defend themselves when the come of age. I want the government to fear the people not the other way around. The government rules by consent of the people and more than you might imagine will never give there consent.

As Jefferson said," The tree of liberty must on occasion be watered with the blood of tyrants". Hard words for this day and age and I pray it does not come to that. The desth of our country would hang in the balance.

The difference between me and you is that I would gladly give up my life for liberty, while you would trade liberty for life.

RELUCTANTPAWN

posted on Dec, 26 2012 @ 11:53 AM
link   

What's ridiculous about protecting children and ensuring everyone can live without being killed by some madman who bought a gun legally?

There's not a damn thing that's ridiculous about protecting children, or even adults, from a madman with a gun. What is ridiculous, however, is expecting those individuals to be protected by someone without a firearm. Why do you seem to feel that a "madman" wouldn't dare to purchase a firearm illegally?

Do you even research the numbers on what guns bans do to crime?

It's more than obvious that you haven't done any research. If you had, you would know that many areas in the United States that have "gun bans", also have the worst crime rates.

See ya,
Milt

posted on Dec, 26 2012 @ 12:08 PM
link   

BREAKING NEWS. . . BREAKING NEWS. . . BREAKING NEWS

Conservative lawyer offers to defend NBC’s David Gregory on 2nd Amendment grounds

Linkums

posted on Dec, 26 2012 @ 01:05 PM
link   
Of course he is going to get off its NBC and NBC has some high priced lawyers you know the kind that average joe doe gun owner and magazine owners can't afford.

To true the anti gun crowd and magazine crowd don't have a clue of what they are talking about.

A magazine is illegal get that?

A magazine has to be loaded in to a weapon and a person has to load that weapon and a person has to pull that trigger.

But oh hell no people magazines, and guns are evil.

posted on Dec, 26 2012 @ 01:08 PM
link   
reply to post by lonewolf19792000There is a God, and "you reap what you sew" is his way. Maybe now this fellow will see the ridiculousness of what he wants to force on everyone else.

Agreed, but this man is not his own man. Even if he sees how ridiculous it all is, it does not matter. He is paid to read the lies in front of him. Thinking for himself is pointless, and at worst endangers his job!

I do like the irony here, though, and as someone who dislikes the corporate press in general and sees them as borderline evil (or full-on at times), I really hope he gets what is coming to him. This thread has done a fine job of hammering this man into the Stone Age with a barrage of written attacks, so nice job ATS.

posted on Dec, 26 2012 @ 01:16 PM
link   
BTW this reminds me of a Minor League version of when Colin Power was making his "case" to the UN about the need to go into Iraq. It was weak as hell and he knew it. Toward the end he pulled up a chemical vial saying, "And if I drop this everyone in the room will die," or something to that effect. I always thought this the lowest form of fear-mongering I had ever seen. Does anyone know if THAT was illegal? I always thought he should be borderline locked up for endangering lives to prove a political point. He should have at least been ripped to shreds verbally for it, but I do not remember any outrage at the time, which shocked me.

This might be a bit off-topic but I don't want to make a thread about it and it is related to this same theatrical technique, only a much more extreme and dangerous version.

It always bothered the hell out of me that Powell did that. I am glad he did the honorable thing and later resigned but him holding that chemical weapon to scare others into agreement where real evidence had failed was certainly his lowest moment.

posted on Dec, 26 2012 @ 01:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by neo96
Of course he is going to get off its NBC and NBC has some high priced lawyers you know the kind that average joe doe gun owner and magazine owners can't afford.

To true the anti gun crowd and magazine crowd don't have a clue of what they are talking about.

A magazine is illegal get that?

A magazine has to be loaded in to a weapon and a person has to load that weapon and a person has to pull that trigger.

But oh hell no people magazines, and guns are evil.

The ten round magazine law is a joke!

I live in Kalifornia and all mags have to be 10 rounds. Lets say i want to convert my 10 round mag to 30 rounds for my AR-15. All you have to do is pop the revit, take the block out and insert a screw where the revit was and you have a 30 rd mag. Its a joke. So i hear from others

posted on Dec, 26 2012 @ 01:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by neo96

I read one of these hyper partisan blogs yesterday crying about how we should all leave Gregory alone because it was just a "used" and "discharged" magazine.

The author continued to make statements that would imply magazines come loaded and are single use throwaway items.

Gotta love how people wholly ignorant of a subject have such strong opinions of said subject.

posted on Dec, 26 2012 @ 01:28 PM
link   
What's the big deal here?

He -might- have had an illegal magazine. That is probably the only defense they have is whether or not it was an illegal magazine. If it was illegal, toss his ass his jail, just like anyone else who has one.

posted on Dec, 26 2012 @ 01:29 PM
link   
reply to post by beezzer

Now wouldn't that be something. That gave me a chuckle and added a whole new level of omg to this story. This one is going to be one to watch, if it doesnt get swept away.

NRA is probably hootin and hollarin over this.

posted on Dec, 26 2012 @ 01:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by CitizenJack
reply to post by beezzer

Now wouldn't that be something. That gave me a chuckle and added a whole new level of omg to this story. This one is going to be one to watch, if it doesnt get swept away.

NRA is probably hootin and hollarin over this.

If the NRA has any sense, they'll come to Gregory's defense.

Oh the irony!

posted on Dec, 26 2012 @ 01:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by camaro68ss

I live in Kalifornia and all mags have to be 10 rounds. Lets say i want to convert my 10 round mag to 30 rounds for my AR-15. All you have to do is pop the revit, take the block out and insert a screw where the revit was and you have a 30 rd mag. Its a joke. So i hear from others

It's the same with the "bullet button." Little tools like the AR ring make swapping mags only slightly slower.

And the law would assume that anyone planning a rampage isnt going to take the two minutes required to simply swap out the bullet button device with a real release button before going to the "gun free" zone?

I guess it's geared toward those people who just happen to be driving along with their CA legal rifles and just happen to flip out on a whim and decide to shoot a place up?

posted on Dec, 26 2012 @ 01:50 PM
link   
reply to post by beezzer

Unfortunately, I don't believe he will need defending .....

He will probably get the ole slap on the wrist followed by a public apology.
But if it does go further maybe it will give the folks over at meet the press and a little humility .
edit on 26-12-2012 by CitizenJack because: typo

posted on Dec, 26 2012 @ 01:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by therealdemoboy
reply to post by roadgravel

They can't claim ignorance of the law. As I understand it, the producers? of the program went to the DC Police to ask if they could do it. Police said no. They did it anyway.

I guess their ratings are so low, they figured no-one on the DCPD would be watching.

“NBC contacted [the D.C. Metropolitan Police Department] inquiring if they could utilize a high capacity magazine for their segment,” Gwendolyn Crump, a police spokeswoman, said in an email. “NBC was informed that possession of a high capacity magazine is not permissible and their request was denied. This matter is currently being investigated.”

Read more: www.politico.com...

I'm betting Gregory wants to get in trouble. Not real trouble but just the $1,000 fine.

Then he can say he "risked imprisonment to bring us the truth" or some crap like that. The way career agitators get off on being carried away from sit in's and plasti-cuffed in front of cameras.

I think my favorite part about this is all the partisan hypocrisy. Places like HuffPo and Politico are loaded with partisans defending what Gregory did when I'm damn well sure if they saw me holding an empty mag with no gun in sight they would have dialed 911 a dozen times and demand that my "redneck gun nut" self be locked up.
edit on 26-12-2012 by thisguyrighthere because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 26 2012 @ 02:10 PM
link   
There could always be the legal loophole where he is exempt for being some kind of agent, or that he got it from someone in his news organization who is an agent, which is probably the case. Doubtful though; expect his house or homes to be searched, videoed, and sold to another news outfit through the law enforcement's news liaison. He will get a fine and know what it feels like to get the rubber glove treatment by trained carnivorous animals called the feds.

Next time if he plans to break the law, bring the whole weapon and show-and-tell with it. Go to another state and show it being used, by marksmen trained in the military, on wild animals. Take a tour through the ATF and let them demonstrate how precise it is. Or at least, get in a patriotic bikini and pose with it before you go to 2nd amendment hell.
edit on 26-12-2012 by Sandalphon because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 26 2012 @ 02:19 PM
link   
reply to post by thisguyrighthere

The author continued to make statements that would imply magazines come loaded and are single use throwaway items

I have heard some asinine stuff, but that ranks right up there.

posted on Dec, 26 2012 @ 02:26 PM
link   
Par for the course

Anti gun people ignoring the gun laws while expecting others to obey them.

Since they were told they could not use the magazine due to law, this is a chance to enforce these laws that they are pushing and lock them up.

posted on Dec, 26 2012 @ 02:27 PM
link   
KNOW ALL MEN BY THESE PRESENTS:

"...the right of the people to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed."

This is the law of these United States, as put forth in the Bill of Rights.
This law cannot be altered. The Bill of Rights CANNOT be changed, or amended.

(If you need clarification or have questions please refer to your dictionary)

posted on Dec, 26 2012 @ 02:29 PM
link   
Ah, that's awesome! I love it. That guy is such a DB to begin with, couldn't have happened to a better guy.

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join