It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Spies blow their cover through the internet.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 26 2012 @ 02:36 AM
link   
Explanation: ...

Spies blow their cover through the internet (by Philip Dorling December 26, 2012) [smh.com.au]

HUNDREDS of former and some present Australian spies have posted information about their employment with intelligence agencies on the internet in what security experts have called ''a gift for foreign espionage''.

A survey by Fairfax Media has discovered more than 200 former and present intelligence officers who have disclosed their classified employment in profiles on LinkedIn, other professional networking sites and social media including Facebook and Twitter.

While many former and present officers have disclosed only the fact of their employment by agencies including the top secret Defence Signals Directorate and the Defence Intelligence Organisation, some have revealed significant details about their work.

These include employment at specific intelligence facilities, overseas postings and liaison with allied intelligence agencies, linguistic expertise indicating particular intelligence targets, and involvement with specific issues and information technology systems.

Read more: www.smh.com.au...

Please refer to linked article for full story ok.

Personal Disclosure: Ahhhh ... the internet is wild.

Here is the bit I found ...

Robert Winkel, a former DSD officer and now an information security consultant with the Canberra-based Saltbush Group, said Australian intelligence collection agencies actively exploited social media and professional networking sites to gather information on targets.

''ASIS does this, and foreign intelligence agencies are looking for exactly the same sort of information about Australian targets,'' Mr Winkel said.

... important as it correlates and confirms this thread of mine ...

Australia: Cyber security center unveiled. (by OmegaLogos posted on 15-1-2010 @ 07:30 AM) [ATS]

The entire article confirms these other threads of mine ...

War On Terror: NewsCorp. is the New Battle Front and was the 5th Column undermining US! (by OmegaLogos posted on 19-10-2009 @ 10:14 AM) [ATS]

[ANZUS Agenda] The Opine Gap Secrecy Problem! (by OmegaLogos posted on 30-5-2011 @ 02:45 PM) [ATS]

What parts of the article interest and or infuriate my fellow ATS members?

posted on Dec, 26 2012 @ 02:47 AM
link   
Australian intelligence? Isn't that an oxymoron?

posted on Dec, 26 2012 @ 02:52 AM
link   
Haha, well if Facebook outing spies isn't poetic justice, I don't know what is!

'Intelligence' agencies, huh? Can't fix stupid at any level

posted on Dec, 26 2012 @ 03:24 AM
link   
reply to post by Ryanssuperman

I would argue upon it being more of a paradox than an oxymoron...

posted on Dec, 26 2012 @ 03:36 AM
link   
reply to post by OmegaLogos

That's some good research from those other threads there mate.

The Ecuadorian embassy in Canberra must be freaking out right about now!

I wonder what the difference is between what these individuals have released (by way of national security information), as active and former spies, and what Assange' released as a journalist. I wonder if this will get buried.

Quite embarrassing for ASIO and the Australian government for so many to be found doing this.

Can't trust anyone these days aye

S&F

Originally posted by BlindBastards
reply to post by Ryanssuperman

I would argue upon it being more of a paradox than an oxymoron...

Indeed, although I cannot understand why Doctors don't classify "stupid" as a disease...............

edit on 26-12-2012 by Sublimecraft because: spelling / grammar + additional comment

posted on Dec, 26 2012 @ 03:45 AM
link   
well at least they haven't found this site, they would go crazy. and im sure a few member would go AWOL.

I wonder if a few people off this board have gone AWOL for saying stuff?

posted on Dec, 26 2012 @ 04:12 AM
link   

Hmmmm??

Peeling back another layer, I see this as psyops at its finest... consider it for a moment.

Maybe not so dopey after all.

posted on Dec, 26 2012 @ 04:14 AM
link   

well..

either that.. or they want the old guys out and the new ones in.. so they just post up the old guys nicknames on the net and it's a free-for-all day for headhunting..

you know.. exactly what happened in the good ol' USA awhile back ..

and members of seal team 6.. all but 2 are now dead.. from last i heard..

so yea.. not much new to read actually .. same ol' same old.. S&F at least in hopes to keep it alive .. before it gets shut down .. you know.. we have to be politically correct.. and such

posted on Dec, 26 2012 @ 07:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by Ryanssuperman
Australian intelligence? Isn't that an oxymoron?

No, you're thinking of Responsible Gun Ownership, and that's the US.

Hey, you started it.

posted on Dec, 26 2012 @ 10:22 AM
link   
Is that all. Whats a good estimate on cost of government or otherwise Illuminati agents
doing what they do. This goes to seemingly ordinary endeavors giving us the news
to hot science projects to support the military industrial complex. We have engineers
getting their chains pulled so much their projects start and stop they go into insurance.
We know the anti Tesla agenda is alive and well as most anything to flood the concerns
of masses is a winning position.

posted on Dec, 27 2012 @ 04:59 AM
link   
I think people are being slightly gullible here. It's not uncommon for intelligence agencies to put information on the internet which isn't entirely correct, in order to favour themselves. This could be part of an on-going operation and/or investigation. I find it funny how people are reading the news on this occasion and taking it as fact but when it comes to recent news stories like Sandy Hook most people on ATS are questioning what happened. The contradiction is ridiculous.

posted on Dec, 28 2012 @ 04:10 PM
link   

FB, twitter, all that... it's evil. evil. I'm not joking why does everyone think I am joking when I say that?

I am not saying the story is necessarily true, but there is plenty of other evidence to support my claims.

top topics

join