It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Thoughts from a former Christian

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 26 2012 @ 12:36 PM
link   
rickymouse

i have a theory (i have alot of theories about ancient texts lol) that the serpent in the garden, is partially a reference to DNA's double helix and the concept of satan grew out of the results of the DNA of the human body. for example ,our bodies are mammal flesh, yet we have eternal spirits encased in the mammal flesh, like some kind of encounter suit. thus the references to the war between the spirit and the flesh in each human being.

if you go back to the story of the creation of the adam race (the first were males and females, and they were all called adam and created in the image of elohim (both adam and elohim are plural words).. .note that the english translation calls them man, which throws off the realization that the text originally said adam and that adam was created male and female. (not a hermaphrodite, which occultists assume because they refuse to acknowledge that adam is a plural word. think about that for a minute). that means the idea that the first female adam was called eve, is incorrect. the first adam female was created in the image of elohim just like the first adam male, and she was not created in the image of the adam, but the image of elohim (this is a bit of a sticky point and is real important). eve was just the first procreative female, the first "wife.", that's why she's created differently than the previous adam females and given a distinctive name which means "mother", as she was the first procreative adam.

this needs to be clearly understood because it colors literally everything else in the text for literally thousands and thousands of years.

to get back to the serpent in the garden, consider that the procreative eve is referred to as eve in the text before adam even names her eve. and he doesn't name her eve until they've already ate from the tree of knowledge of good and evil and consummated their union. this is a writing device called foreshadowing.

so how did she become an "eve" , compared to the prior female adam?
the tree knowledge of good and evil that the serpent is in, is the part of our DNA that governs procreation. essentially that means that the fruit of that tree is telling you that eve was changed biologically, so that she could give birth to new adam. so when the text says that adam knew his wife (eve) and she gave birth, it is a huge hint that the knowledge is procreation in that part of the text. when it says knowledge it doesn't mean some big esoteric secret, it means, literally, sexual reproduction.

now part of procreation requires things like hormones . and the hormones govern your protective, territorial nature, which in turn leads to all the negative emotions and actions of human beings. the council of the elohim had a pow wow the moment it was discovered that the eve and adam had been changed biologically into a procreative species of mammal by modification of their DNA (the tree is a reference to genes).

skip ahead in time a bit, and we see the elohim decide to nerf another part of the DNA (the tree of life section) of the human adam and eve so they will no longer live forever (meaning their dna is not regenerating all their body parts any more, which means it was regenerating all their body parts before the procreative "knowledge" was added resulting in the council decision to nerf it so it wouldn't regenerate).

in the sumerian and akkadian texts regarding the anunnaki gods known as enlil and enki, we find enki is responsible for the dna procreative addition. later it becomes apparent that enlil absolutely hates humans, whereas enki, because we are his creation, his reproducing, sentient, intelligent spiritual mammals, keeps tryng to protect us from enlil. enlil is constantly griping about us to anu, the father god of heaven.

when i look at that story, i can see the character of enlil being tied into the story as "satan the accuser", because he's always griping about humans and always real quick to want to wipe us out of existence as a species, whereas enki, feeling responsible for our current state of decay, is constantly trying to save us from it. so you see enki warning the noah figure about the impending flood and how to build an ark to survive it. and you see enlil wanting to flood the earth and wipe out the human species.

there's more to the story, alot more. but suffice to say, that enlil, enki and anu all end up in the old testament as a single god. the more you understand how the laws of the old testament played the role of "accuser", the more you can grasp that the serpent of the old testament is not satan the accuser. but rather the serpent is the device by which people fall short of the law in that they are in rather unusual, smart animal bodies. the text is so complex, and the exact phrasing and meaning can be significantly changed depending on tense, foreshadowing, and other variants, like the addition of words to flesh out the sentences.

anyway, there's an example of how just a tiny variant in one word ----> "man" instead of the original "adam" changed the course of protestant understanding of the text.

edit on 26-12-2012 by undo because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 26 2012 @ 12:36 PM
link   
CONTINUED:

So, please bear with me....

When we try to think outside the box and imagine, God, we constantly run into multiple paradoxes.
The reason that we do this, is because every thought that we ponder is intertwined with time.
This very reason is why we can't understand the Creator.

Let me give you an example. Imagine this...

Think back to the big bang. Try to picture, "nothing". And then suddenly, everything racing out from a singularity to become the known Universe. Well, where did this singularity exist if there was nothing?
It had to come from a starting point, according to science, right?
But, if nothing existed, how could the singularity exist?

OK. Now go back further, in your mind. God, has always been, right?

Before man, before stars and planets, before the whole Universe...What was God doing before all of this? Way before, like a trillion Universal lives, ago? Was He just alone?

So, at some point, He created everything we know. But, being All-Knowing, He knew He was going to create us, and all of this. Why did He wait? But, God doesn't require "time" in anything that He does. So, an instant, is the same as an eternity, to God, right? Did God require thought prior to Creation? No. There is no need for thought, if One is all-knowing! What would there be to think about?

Could we call it, desire? God decided He would like to create a Universe full of stuff. Most of this stuff is invisible but some can be quantified by the beings that He created with it. What is the purpose of all of this stuff and these beings? Why do these beings struggle with their own existence and purpose?

Maybe we are an experiment. But an all-knowing God would already know how the experiment would turn out! So, that can't be it.

What if we are here, to figure out why we are here? What if the gift of the Creator, was that of Consciousness, not existence?
What if each of us, is one of the fallen ones, that chose Lucifer's side and secretly despised God? What if, this is our opportunity to redeem ourselves in His eyes, and reclaim our rightful place in Eternity? Having been stripped of all knowledge of our sins, and placed on this rock, to figure out why we turned our backs on Eternal Love, and joined with the wicked one. One chance at redemption, because that's what a truly Loving God, would do...

Maybe this is why we have such a profound sense of time? We must remember. We have to "humble" ourselves and ask for His forgiveness. He has shown us that it can be done. Jesus proved that.

Like the adage, "Out with the old and in with the new". This is our trial. This planet can be our grave or it can be our proving grounds, and the catalyst back to His side, where we belong...!

posted on Dec, 26 2012 @ 12:48 PM
link   
reply to post by ddaniel

You know i usually dont talk about such subjects, but i too grew up in a fundelmentilist home. With strict ideas of morality dictated by the "written word of god". I to experinced what you would call an existential crisis at which point i questioned even the most basic understanding i had of the world. And frankly black and white dose not exist. Infact such labeling is unhealthy jugdmental and absurd, this is blind idealism. Ive learned that practicality is the true measure of sucsess and that open debt is only in the heart of the vengeful and foolish. I have seen with my own eyes those who wrong people, even my self, get exactly the same wrong in the same way in seemingly unconnected circumstances. There is a give and take to reality, it is interactive and alive, and what you put in you will get out. I have herd before how can you be moral or do right, without belife in an objective morality/"God" well actually morality is not objective it is subjective and i belive rational thought leads to peace and forgiveness Not dictations from a personified judge. OPEN DEBT DOSEN'T EXIST. Therefore judgement is not real.

How could a creator measure billy as being a good pious christian but sam as an immoral lover of evil when he created both sam and billy,and gave them rational thought. This is absurd and is the rhetoric of the opressive church. I have also been involved as of recent with a babtist group though not because i really want to be. They were discussing the shootings and actually came to the conclusion that the children who died were ordianed to die by God as to bring a wayward country back to God. I can only imagion what the place would have looked like if any of the parents of the children who died had been there. What a evil and idealistic thing to belive. I have very little patience for religion it's purpouse is control, and the religions of the victors have prospered. Now i belive there is a spirtiual aspect one i cant quiet put my finger on but i suppose thats the point the mystery of it all. A journey to discover ones true self, reality being a reflection of the experincer, what a beautiful and strange world we live in.

I am so sorry for the pain you have endured leaving this religion it is indeed a trap. From the time your a child your told If you dont belive you will go to hell. Come on what child wouldn't belive then? that is a trap, it restricts the world to a black and white chess board, it creats guilt and perversions of the mind. Its rhetoric is strong and unforgiving it is exclusive and the cause for war, infact the true measure of societys sickness is how much control the church has. In history when a society becomes totalitarian and strict with religious persecutions surely a revolution is soon to follow. And yet these fools belive if only they had a tighter grip the world would be at peace. Ha havent you realized control is an illiusion and that choice is the only thing you have. I hope you find your center but even now sometimes im drawn back to black and white thinking and even fear hell i suppose it will never leave even if i understand it's true nature. You can thank America for that, im so not American. Good luck
edit on 26-12-2012 by TechniXcality because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 26 2012 @ 12:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by GoOfYFoOt
reply to post by Reflection

Excellent post...
I always try to expand my mind, when I ponder my Creator. And, try as I may, I can't get my head around how a God who created us, and loves us, and is All-Forgiving, could condemn a single one of us to an eternity of separation from Him!
If our lives are supposed to be all about, accepting His gift, or suffering our chosen fate, then WHY were Adam, and then Eve, created to be immortal??? He would have avoided the whole Garden of Eden thing altogether, knowing the outcome, wouldn't He???
But if you look at Genesis as a metaphor, then one could rationalize that we are ALL Angels! And, our choice to join with Lucifer is what resulted in the plight of Man...
What say you?

There was a point when I tried to replace my literal belief in the Bible with more of a metaphorical belief like you describe, but what I found, is that I was doing that mainly because of my fear to give up something that I had held onto for so many years.

Look there are a lot of great ideas and lessons in the bible, but assuming that there is some kind of divine answer within a 2000 year old book, even if it is metaphorical, stunts intellectual growth. The reason being, any new information is still going to have to fit within you're ideology and many times that's an impossibility. So you either have to reject new scientific information or make the metaphor even more vague, to the point it really makes no sense anymore.

What we learn time and time again, is that ideologies are meant to be broken. They have a purpose to a point and then we learn that they're either completely false or nothing like what we thought they were.

I think when we grasp this concept and surrender to the fact that we DON'T know what's going to happen, we truly become free. Free to think for ourselves and begin the beautiful journey of discovery. Scientific discovery and self discovery.

posted on Dec, 26 2012 @ 01:06 PM
link   
reply to post by ddaniel

Sounds to me more like you had finally bbecome a real Christian, rather than a "former" Christian. Your parent's church sounds more like one of those (typical of most) churches who, for whatever reason, think their twisted interpretation of the Bible is correct.

posted on Dec, 26 2012 @ 01:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by dogstar23
reply to post by ddaniel

Sounds to me more like you had finally bbecome a real Christian, rather than a "former" Christian. Your parent's church sounds more like one of those (typical of most) churches who, for whatever reason, think their twisted interpretation of the Bible is correct.

Amen!

posted on Dec, 26 2012 @ 01:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by dogstar23
reply to post by ddaniel

did you read my huge post ? i am curious what you make of it.
www.abovetopsecret.com...
edit on 26-12-2012 by undo because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 26 2012 @ 01:12 PM
link   
reply to post by Reflection

i think the reason why all the ancient texts were suddenly deemed mythological, is because if the truth came out that males and females were both originally created in the image of elohim (plural word), the crap would hit the proverbial fan.

posted on Dec, 26 2012 @ 01:28 PM
link   

When I ponder the likeness of God, I see what the Bible tells me that he looks like. We were made in His image. But that goes against everything else, that we perceive from our Creator. We see each other as bumbling idiots. How could God, look like us?
reply to post by GoOfYFoOt

My thought on this is - we are spiritual beings living a human existence. We are human, yes - however, we are spirit. Our spirit, our TRUE selves at the core of each and everyone of us, is LOVE. And the creator is LOVE.

Overcoming and integrating the negative ego is a central aspect on the spiritual path. It is our ego that creates fear. The ego creates a filter that distorts the way our mind perceives everything. It literally creates spiritual blindness and keeps us stuck in limited thinking. The ego places a veil of illusion or a veil of amnesia over our eyes keeping us from accessing our higher wisdom and truth. Evil is the “veil” that blocks us from maintaining a strong connection with our God self. This veil creates the illusion that God is outside of ourselves. All external pathways that rely on a savoir or something outside of our selves to reach God is an illusion which has been created by the human ego. The only path that leads to salvation is the inner path.

posted on Dec, 26 2012 @ 01:37 PM
link   
reply to post by Murgatroid

Or perhapes the real enemy and conspiracy is ourselves, that is, the stumbling block within us.
edit on 26-12-2012 by Arles Morningside because: I wasn't gifted with typing skills.

posted on Dec, 26 2012 @ 01:38 PM
link   
reply to post by summer5

Do you see what just happened here? Some questions are answered clearly through scripture. Then there are times when someone says, "Well, I see it this way," or "This is how I look at it," or "The years have made me think of it like this."

That's not truth. That is obscurity to the point that believers are forced to create their own understanding, which is ultimately influenced by their opinions, their environment, the people they hang out with, so on and so forth. Is that what you call truth? Hundreds of differing opinions intended to fill in the blanks? If that is necessary, then this so-called "Word of God," this almighty truth, isn't a great truth. It leave so much to be desired that human nature will take its own vices and cram their personal bias and subconscious aims into the cracks, until what has been put in the blanks has taken the original words in a whole new direction.

That's what makes religion such an amazing tool for political intrigue. It requires understanding and translation to the point that the more clever folk can twist the meaning of sacred text to their advantage. I think that's the most disturbing part - religion can be used to further any agenda, no matter how vile.

And really, Christianity doesn't do that good a job of making sure its scriptures aren't misused. It's hard to draw lines with vague parables that could mean anything.

edit on 26-12-2012 by AfterInfinity because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 26 2012 @ 01:42 PM
link   
I don't remember where I read it, some listing of the sure signs you are involved in a cult. Of those the most important were the need to "suspend disbelief", i.e., just "believe" it. Also the requirement that you never stop accepting the teachings (which) all come from one source. I don't mean the Bible either but rather, the interpretation of the bible by one person (the leader or minister or whatever you call them). To question is to risk "eternal punishment" or hell or separation, etc., (guilt trip).

That perfectly describes most churches. Primarily designed to keep you coming back, or else...
That way they "possess" you. You are no longer operating from your own inner guidance, you are dependent upon the churches acceptance to feel alright within your being. To not go is to "fall" away from the "true path" of the Church.

One way to look at it is to imagine you are going to school to learn a trade. If the school is doing its job, the courses continue until you get good at what they teach and then you go and practice that trade on your own. The school teaches you and turns you loose. You become an example of their teaching. The school is designed to make you less and less dependent on their curriculum so that you can be freer and less dependent on them.

If church did its job the result should be the same. Now you are learned and can graduate to teach like they do. But they don't. The church is designed to keep you in its fold and to keep you a little confused and ever dependent on their curriculum.

Which, if you notice, their "curriculum" is the same, week in and week out. The same pews, hymns, sermon and offering that people learn precisely nothing from, and are able to teach nothing about. And yet, people go their whole life. Like going to the same movie every week, over and over...

after you have been indoctrinated to the recurring demands of "worship" in the church, it requires supreme effort of will to even begin to question and pull away, the bonds are strong. The feeling you have is one of guilt and of course the peer pressure you might experience as soon as you begin to "slip". Never has a more fitting explanation of this been implied in Plato's Cave. The other current allegories are The Matrix (to some degree) and this one which most have reviewed.

edit on 26-12-2012 by intrptr because: spelling

posted on Dec, 26 2012 @ 01:43 PM
link   
I completely agree with you in that some people do indeed comit idoltry with their Holy Books. Like any idol, they talk not nor move and can be destroyed. That should make one reconsider what the True Word of God is. I believe nonetheless that the Holy Books serve as guides.

posted on Dec, 26 2012 @ 01:45 PM
link   
reply to post by AfterInfinity

or, it could be that we should look at it as a historical text, with lessons about how to live in communities together and in what way to prepare for your future as a spiritual being. the historicity of the old testament, for example, is pretty apparent. it use to be thought that none of the places or people mentioned, existed, but now we know that's not true. the old cities have been discovered with verifiable co-related histories of their own.

posted on Dec, 26 2012 @ 01:45 PM
link   
reply to post by Murgatroid

I love you. And I love this post.

posted on Dec, 26 2012 @ 01:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by Fromabove
reply to post by ddaniel

First let me say that in my debates with what I call professional atheists, that the OP does seem to me to be a prepared script, but, be that as it may be, I will attempt to "nutshell" some observations to you that Christians who have faith understand.

I am far from an Atheist, and the only thing I normally debate is my own belief system. I seldom post, because I don't like to speak about subjects which which I have no personal experience. Fortunately, this is a subject I am familiar with, so I can address your comments.

Every Christian knows that feelings tend to betray you. You don't feel faith you have faith.

Please see my earlier post about the use of words / language.

faith is based upon being convinced that what you know and believe is the truth no matter how you feel and no matter what rises up against it.

What you are saying, rephrased to avoid semantic confusion, is this: Faith is being certain of what you are not certain of.

While this may sound deep and profound, it is neither. it is illogical, it is irresponsible, and it is dangerous.

It is this definition of 'faith' which allows entire groups of people to be marginalized and dehumanized; this 'faith' results in despicable, illogical wars being waged - all in God's name.

Your 'faith' equates knowledge with ignorance, and I refuse to accept this definition.

edit on 26-12-2012 by ddaniel because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 26 2012 @ 01:51 PM
link   
reply to post by Arles Morningside

I believe nonetheless that the Holy Books serve as guides.

In the beginning. Like any text book. The "milk" of the word? The key is to learn to find out how the people that wrote those texts found that out. That is the meat of the word. The spirit flows through you and shows others how to do that. Then you can write or teach on the subject. Instead of being forever stuck on a "beginning textbook". And those teachings should give that gift to others making them less dependent on you and more dependent on their own inner "guide", which is the same "guide" in you.
edit on 26-12-2012 by intrptr because: additional...

posted on Dec, 26 2012 @ 02:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by intrptr
reply to post by Arles Morningside

I believe nonetheless that the Holy Books serve as guides.

In the beginning. Like any text book. The "milk" of the word? The key is to learn to find out how the people that wrote those texts found that out. That is the meat of the word. The spirit flows through you and shows others how to do that. Then you can write or teach on the subject. Instead of being forever stuck on a "beginning textbook". And those teachings should give that gift to others making them less dependent on you and more dependent on their own inner "guide", which is the same "guide" in you.
edit on 26-12-2012 by intrptr because: additional...

I agree, it's akin to forever being in art class and never branching out into your own. To me that is what a guide is, that, as you have just described.

posted on Dec, 26 2012 @ 02:16 PM
link   
OP, I went through a similar experience in life. For me, it was Southern Baptist church oppression complete with mandatory church camps, which are pretty much like brainwashing sessions. Let me offer what I can.

Take the good you picked up during your experience with Christianity. Jesus' teachings of loving one another, treating your brother as yourself, and loving yourself are the point. There is no hell other than the one you create or decide you should go to, and there is no judgement or wrath other than your life reviews and experience that is kept as you incarnate (oh.. yeah forgot to mention, incarnation was once in the Bible but was removed, deemed not suitable information for the masses).

Anyway, Christ Consciousness is real and IS love, as is everything. You are One with it and it IS you, but the joy of being here on this plane to experience things is to come to KNOW what I just said, for yourself, in your own heart.

Enjoy the journey now that you've taken a path aside from religion. It is your journey that you must take alone, because the answers are for you alone. We all have our paths to take to reunite with the One.

posted on Dec, 26 2012 @ 02:20 PM
link   
reply to post by fourthmeal

BINGO! You said it perfectly!!

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join