It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Here's What The 'Agent-15' Chemical Weapon Probably Used In Syria Does To People

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 25 2012 @ 09:23 AM
link   
www.businessinsider.com...

The Gas effects started [a] few seconds after the area was shelled. Right after the shelling, patients described seeing white gas with odor, then they had severe shortness of breath, loss of vision, inability to speak, flushed face, dizziness, paralysis, nausea and vomiting, and increased respiratory secretions. Doctors who treated patients said that patients had pinpoint pupils and bronchospasm. Patients were treated in a field hospital. Gas masks were not available.
The particularly nasty aspect of this chemical weapon is that use of atropine needles, a common countermeasure against nerve agents, is actually a toxic combination and can lead to exacerbation of symptoms, even death.

Read more: www.businessinsider.com...

Note that it says about shelling yet other reports are saying about bags with yellow buttons being frown so I don't know 100% on this but BI has been Reliable in the past for me

posted on Dec, 25 2012 @ 09:28 AM
link   
reply to post by ANDERSON23

BZ, an odorless, white, crystalline solid, is a CNS depressant.
BZ is usually disseminated as an aerosol with the
primary route of entry into the body through the respiratory
system; the secondary route is through the digestive tract.
Skin absorption is possible with proper solvents.
BZ affects the victim’s ability to remember, solve
problems, pay attention, and understand instructions.
Small doses of BZ cause sleepiness and decreased alertness.
BZ also affects circulation of the blood, digestion,
sweating, and vision. General symptoms from agent BZ are
fast heartbeat, dry skin and lips, blurred near vision (increased
pupil size), flushed skin, urinary retention, constipation,
and sedation progressing to stupor and
interference with ordinary activity. High doses produce
extreme excitement, delusions, and hallucinations; high
doses completely destroy the ability to perform any military
task. An untreated casualty requires from three to four
days to reach full recovery from the effects of BZ intoxication.

Taken from www.truthistreason.net...

posted on Dec, 25 2012 @ 09:32 AM
link   
Like a modern day Tabun gas

posted on Dec, 25 2012 @ 09:44 AM
link   
reply to post by zonetripper2065

except they are two different agents Tabun is a nerve agent and BZ is incapacity agent

posted on Dec, 25 2012 @ 10:06 AM
link   
I dislike posts that have the word "Probably" in them. It's misleading.

posted on Dec, 25 2012 @ 10:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by Ryanssuperman
I dislike posts that have the word "Probably" in them. It's misleading.

Double that when the linked article also covers the topic with Probable and points out confirmation can't be used as a term without lab tests on a substance which hasn't been done. So... They kinda figure this is what happened then? I hope no one is making war decisions based on it. Outside that, it's interesting.
edit on 25-12-2012 by Wrabbit2000 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 25 2012 @ 10:43 AM
link   
reply to post by Ryanssuperman

Nearly every thread on this site is a maybe at best.

posted on Dec, 25 2012 @ 10:45 AM
link   
reply to post by Wrabbit2000

Its sad that a lot of decisions have been made through tit for tat like this, like the guy above you said the word probable isn't favourable as it most likely stands for not true it is a contradiction to previous reports of bags being frown at soldiers with a yellow button been pressed in then the people dying 1 hour later this report is stating shelling taking place which released chemicals.....

this is more powerful than the Iraq part 2 war lead up propaganda and reporting

posted on Dec, 25 2012 @ 10:55 AM
link   
reply to post by ANDERSON23

True... The reporting out of Syria has been compelling and heart wrenching. Enough to almost go to war over. The problem is, I feel at least twice burned so I'm about as shy as it comes for believing it without lab reports and a chain of custody for where the sample was located. The truth out of there seems that bad and that fluid for changing from month to month or even week to week.

Back to why I'm a hard skeptic now though..... I recall hearing about how the innocent people were being machine gunned and starved as a pure weapon of political control of territory in Somalia ...and I was even for it because the TV pictures looked convincing for how I was supposed to think about it. .....Prior to that, I'd been all supportive of the First Gulf War over things like stories of babies being thrown to the floor of Kuwait City Hospitals to die so the Incubators from the baby ICU could be shipped north as booty.

That was supposedly eye witness, "verified" and solid..or so the public swallowed 100% whole.

So.. Yeah.. I really am a skeptic to lead skeptics when for the 4th time in my life, they come peddling tales of woe and evil deeds on a near Biblical scale .....when the first 3 were 100% fail for proof during OR after the fact. Err... It's hard to believe after so many times of lying and using the press as a play toy ....without their knowledge half the time.

posted on Dec, 25 2012 @ 11:11 AM
link   
reply to post by Wrabbit2000

Its amazing to think I was barely a year old when the 1st gulf kicked of and the amount of propaganda that has been about to encourage and justify conflict since I have been alive is unreal way before my time and looking at Operation Northwoods thankfully it didnt get the full backing of power the clincher was the Civilian leaders saying no, but it was approved by joint chiefs of staff and that was in 60's for Cuba now we are seeing repeats but it almost seems as though they are assuming that we are all either that dumb to believe it all or they are putting the false info out there so we question ourselves and knock down conspiracy theories even if they are true,

A saying I go by is words are powerful and should be thought of before use

top topics

join