It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Jack Klugman dies at 90, star of TV's 'The Odd Couple,' 'Quincy'

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 24 2012 @ 11:07 PM
link   
What a sad piece of news to hear on Christmas day.
He was one of my favorite actors, I loved Quincy! I still think it's better than most modern medical dramas.

Jack Klugman, the three-time Emmy Award-winning actor best known for his portrayals of slovenly sportswriter Oscar Madison on TV's “The Odd Couple” and the title role of the murder-solving medical examiner on “Quincy, M.E.,” died Monday at his home in Woodland Hills. He was 90.

www.latimes.com...

We will all miss you Jack, God bless.

edit on 24-12-2012 by JibbyJedi because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 25 2012 @ 01:30 AM
link   
reply to post by JibbyJedi

I agree. I was knee high to a grasshopper but I remember watching Quincy ME with my sister and even as a young child I really enjoyed the show. ReRuns of Odd couple was always a laugh and a half too. Jack hit 90 so thats not too bad in this life. May he rest in peace until his lifes next chapter.

posted on Dec, 25 2012 @ 03:17 AM
link   

*Crying my eyes out*

I love(d) this guy. Really and truly. I can't tell you how much joy he brought into my life.

I will miss him dearly.

Thank goodness for reruns - I know that sounds crass - but it's how I feel.

God Bless his family and help them through the pain of his loss. I can't even imagine.

peace

posted on Dec, 25 2012 @ 06:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by silo13

*Crying my eyes out*

I love(d) this guy. Really and truly. I can't tell you how much joy he brought into my life.

I will miss him dearly.

Thank goodness for reruns - I know that sounds crass - but it's how I feel.

God Bless his family and help them through the pain of his loss. I can't even imagine.

peace

I am with you on this one Silo

Jack as Quincy spent all that time educating us whilst entertaining us. Its is truly amazing that many of his ME shows were based on bring public awareness on this and that. I been out of my country for 29 years and watch Quincy when its on to get some of my old State albeit LA steals our water and with older more hopefully mature outlook than when the program originally aired I am amazed at his messages.

The worlds best Angels are disappearing and will definitely be poorer as a result of their loss.

Thanks OP gave u a Flag to help get this thread to be elevated where I feel it should be IMHO.... Stars as well its what Quincy would approve of.

posted on Dec, 26 2012 @ 02:00 PM
link   
Great actor. Sad loss.

posted on Dec, 26 2012 @ 04:57 PM
link   
This is so strange I could have sworn he died maybe about 5 years ago from cancer..in any event he was fantastic !

top topics

join