It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Volcano Watch , 2013

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 27 2012 @ 08:54 AM
link   
reply to post by alysha.angel

Terrific OP and what promises to be a great thread -- as it always has been over the past few years that you have been running it.

Thank you for the time and effort you and the other dedicated ATS members put into this. I'm not one who ever hopes for a major eruption, for the same reason I don't look forward to major quakes: they can cause destruction and misery for many, humans, animals and plant life alike, and their effects can take a long time to recover from.

But the simple fact is that these things have been happening for millions of years and it will doubtless continue for millions more, so it's far better to have threads like this and Quake Watch that document the events in a reasoned and balanced manner. This not only gives us information about what is happening on any given day, but also a great resource for any future research or study.

Thank you again.

Mike

posted on Dec, 27 2012 @ 09:07 AM
link   
reply to post by JustMike

your very welcome Mike , it took almost two hours to put together this thread as my laptop has been in the shop for the past month and i lost all of my volcano and quake bookmarks but its just the beginning and i and others can add to it later ..

but as you know both quakes and volcanoes are kinda my hobby lol . and i enjoy keeping an eye on these weather or not i post often my self . i do appreciate all of those people who do...

so i also thank a wide range of people for adding to my threads ....

happy holidays everyone...

posted on Dec, 27 2012 @ 09:17 AM
link   
Love me some Volcano Watch!

Thanks for the awesome thread, Ive already learned something new.... as always on this site.

Thank you again and to all the contributors who make this hobby a fun and educating journey. xoxox

May we all have peace and blessings this coming year!!

Jenn

posted on Dec, 27 2012 @ 01:15 PM
link   
reply to post by MamaJ

Yes, I second your comment. I never knew how much earthquakes and volcano's and the whole earth was such a synchonized system until I started paying attention to "Quake watch, Volcano watch,"

I'm still a learner
But I believe that the sun's activity, moon cycles etc....... all have something to do with each other.

Thank you all for you expertise.

I hope one day I will be able to teach someone just alittle something that I have learned through these threads, and the vast information highway that we have here at ATS
edit on 27-12-2012 by crappiekat because: sp

posted on Dec, 27 2012 @ 01:19 PM
link   
reply to post by MamaJ

posted on Dec, 27 2012 @ 02:30 PM
link   
reply to post by MariaLida

Just wanted to say, Welcome to ATS. I missed your introduction thread. You seem to be blessed with the knowledge of geology.
I went to school to be a teacher. But I must say when it comes to earthquakes, some of our resident members can make a morkery out of geology classes here where I live.

Hope you enjoy yourself here.

crappiekat

posted on Dec, 27 2012 @ 06:57 PM
link   
reply to post by crappiekat

Thank you.

Earth is alive and that's way we are all fascinated all the time.

If something is alive it's hard to predict and collect all knowledge so we are here to learn more, feel or exchange what is not in books.
edit on 27-12-2012 by MariaLida because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 28 2012 @ 02:25 AM
link   
reply to post by caladonea

I'm a little closer to Rainier. Not really wanting to think about it blowing it's top (although I have had some dreams she did the past few years she did), but there's nothing I can do or anybody can really do about it but be conscious and have a plan if she did.

posted on Dec, 28 2012 @ 04:07 AM
link   
Thanks OP for starting it up again for us.
And let me contribute to it too

ucsdnews.ucsd.edu...

And a bit heavier stuff but still very interresting

www.adv-geosci.net...

Nidwin

posted on Dec, 28 2012 @ 07:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by crappiekat
reply to post by MamaJ

Yes, I second your comment. I never knew how much earthquakes and volcano's and the whole earth was such a synchonized system until I started paying attention to "Quake watch, Volcano watch,"

I'm still a learner
But I believe that the sun's activity, moon cycles etc....... all have something to do with each other.

edit on 27-12-2012 by crappiekat because: sp
I also believe the moon and sun have more effect then we realize. I know that some science scoffs at this idea but science also once said there was no such thing as a black swan. I was house bound and discovered the Syfy channel. I know it it is not intelligent tv but I had to laugh because the scientist kept saying, "our monitors are not showing that", yet Yellowstone was blowing up. I guess my point is that threads like these bring the human aspect and thinking into earth events.

posted on Dec, 30 2012 @ 08:13 PM
link   
Earthquake 10 km south of volcano Tacaná ..

2012-12-31 01:15:21.0 57min ago 15.16 N 91.89 W 120 5.1 GUATEMALA

earthquake.usgs.gov...

maps.google.com...,-92.1402&spn=2,2&f=d&t=h& hl=e
edit on 30-12-2012 by MariaLida because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 5 2013 @ 03:26 AM
link   
weekly update from the global volcanism program ...

www.volcano.si.edu...

New Activity/Unrest: | Chirpoi, Kuril Islands (Russia) | Copahue, Central Chile-Argentina border | Pacaya, Guatemala | San Cristóbal, Nicaragua | Sangeang Api, Lesser Sunda Islands (Indonesia) Ongoing Activity: | Karymsky, Eastern Kamchatka (Russia) | Kilauea, Hawaii (USA) | Sakura-jima, Kyushu | Shiveluch, Central Kamchatka (Russia) | Tolbachik, Central Kamchatka (Russia)

new activity

SVERT reported that a thermal anomaly was detected over Snow, a volcano of Chirpoi, during 24-25, 28, and 30 December; cloud cover prevented observations of the volcano on other days during 24-31 December.

New Activity/Unrest: | Chirpoi, Kuril Islands (Russia) | Copahue, Central Chile-Argentina border | Pacaya,

all is quiet on the board in volcano country of the north aka Iceland ..

Whole country - earthquakes during the last 48 hours

Earthquake count: Magnitude less than 1 in all: 5 Magnitude 1 to 2 in all: 22 Magnitude 2 to 3 in all: 7 Magnitude more than 3 in all: 0 Total: 34

edit on 5/1/13 by alysha.angel because: (no reason given)

en.vedur.is...=table
edit on 5/1/13 by alysha.angel because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 12 2013 @ 07:34 PM
link   

Mt Fuji

Short thread about prophecies
and Mt Fuji blowing.... maybe soon.... 7 million dead.

Important article heading from google search:

Why Japan's Mt Fuji is a ticking time bomb

some of the text:

1.6 megapascals. Is that bad?

Yes. It only takes 0.1 for an eruption. It's also historically relevant to note that 1.6 megapascals is higher than the chamber pressure that preceded Fuji's last eruption - more than 300 years ago.

edit on 12/1/2013 by MarkJS because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 13 2013 @ 07:54 AM
link   
Manam Volcano - Papua New Guinea has erupted explosively - 45km plume.

Manam Volcano Erupts

posted on Jan, 13 2013 @ 08:59 AM
link   
reply to post by Necrosis

Good catch. She is one of the more active volcanoes in the se pacific, but 45,000 ft is pretty big even for her. Going to keep watching as well.

Peace

posted on Jan, 15 2013 @ 11:54 PM
link   
Volcanic Ash

A volcanic hazard that is often underestimated in its geographic reach and impact.

geology.com...

Types of Volcanic Eruptions

geology.com...

Impact of Volcanic Ash on Air Traffic
January 16, 2013 | United States Geological Survey

3D Imaging Sizes Up Volcanic Island Landslides
Crystal Gammon, OurAmazingPlanet Contributor - Jan 15, 2013 12:02 PM ET

www.ouramazingplanet.com...

edit on 16-1-2013 by MariaLida because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 17 2013 @ 10:32 AM
link   
reply to post by Necrosis

Nothing really new about this one, just a mention about diffuse SO2 in the area which is normal after an eruption like this one.

earthquake-report.com...

Peace

posted on Jan, 18 2013 @ 08:41 AM
link   
The Heat is On...
Ten volcanos awaken in 1 week: theextinctionprotocol.wordpress.com...

posted on Jan, 18 2013 @ 12:24 PM
link   
reply to post by SeekingDepth

10 in a week, eh? I'm sure the ATS experts will say all is well. Lmao.

Personally, I think thats crazy.

Peace

posted on Jan, 19 2013 @ 04:40 PM
link   
A new online data base called LaMEVE for (Large Magnitude Explosive Volcanic Eruptions) is available will be very useful to any ATS members that check out info on volcanoes a lot. It is on the VOGRIPA (Volcano Global Risk Identification & Analysis Project) website.
Some Links: www.ouramazingplanet.com...
www.bgs.ac.uk...
www.bgs.ac.uk...
New tool to explore (at least new to me).

Also another member miner49r with a thread on “Documentation of soil samples – Bolivia Alto” got me intrigued in searching for an eruption date for a volcano located in southern Peru on Lake Titicaca on the Peru/Bolivia border with many given names. In searching I found it called Cerro Khapia, Volcano Khapia, Apu Khapia, and Qhapiya. The little info I found on it I posted to his thread. I actually was able to locate it on this new LaMEVE data base map. They call it Capia. Still no eruption date. If anyone on this site knows where we might find any eruption date even ancient would be helpful. This volcano is located fairly close to some of the ancient civilization sites talked about on ATS in that Lake Titicaca area and could have affected them in the past.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join