It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Senseless gun violence spreading, 4 firefighters shot in NY

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 24 2012 @ 03:50 PM
link   
reply to post by smurfy

You are right about bringing up the pro-gun angle. At that point all of the details weren't forth coming. I was assuming that the scenario was somewhat different.

It isn't uncommon for police to have to help EMS or Fire clear a scene because of someone or a group of people interfering. I thought it was something more common and mundane. If all of the details had been out I probably wouldn't have made that post. However, we need to admit that the coverage is some what slanted to one side of the equation.

The story of Roosevelt Magget wasn't the full article. It was a summary from a secondary source. The original is available here.

posted on Dec, 24 2012 @ 03:54 PM
link   
reply to post by samerulesapply

It does matter what you think, your post ony helps intelligent debate, Cheers.

posted on Dec, 24 2012 @ 03:55 PM
link   
reply to post by samerulesapply

This guy was previously convicted for murdering his grandmother, with a hammer.. Then he was let out of jail seventeen years later. He was not legally allowed to own that gun. Amazingly a criminal with no compunction about killing his own family members found a way to illegally obtain a gun and then used it to kill again.

This whole incident could have been avoided by keeping a murderer in jail.

posted on Dec, 24 2012 @ 04:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by SeekerofTruth101
Condolences to the courageous firefightters.

But doesn't anyone see a pattern here?

1. Random indiscriminate gunshot killings is rising.

2. HEAVY MEDIA focus on guns attributed news, rather than the more non-gun violence.

What's going on?

I hope it is only something innocent, and not something that had been manipulated and played up by the anti-gun lobbists to tear up the sacred Constitution that alone had made USA a great nation still standing for 200+ years.

How UNCONSCIONABLE can the anti-gun lobby get???!!!! First innocent children, now firefighters???

Yes...it's unconscionable, but many of these lunatic activist types believe that the ends justifies the means.

posted on Dec, 24 2012 @ 04:04 PM
link   
reply to post by smurfy

I read part of your link. It sounds to me like they were serving a no knock warrant and things went horribly wrong. That is why I have always been against such tactics. The police department acted in an absolutely disgusting manner.

The simple fact is that the Marine acted as he should have with an unknown group of intruders entering his home. The horrible part is that the police department overreacted and then tried to cover it up. This wasn't a gun problem. The gun owner did everything right. That is evidenced by the fact that he didn't even flip off the safety after he realized they were police officers. What you have here is a seemingly clear cut case of police brutality and murder. That incident should lead to reevaluating the tactics we allow cops to use. However, Americans aren't going to stand up and fight for that. Instead people will blame the home owner for trying to protect his family.

posted on Dec, 24 2012 @ 04:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by samerulesapply
So determined are people not to give up their guns they're talking about using them - the cold dead hands stupidity...and there's crazies like the NRA wanting to put armed guards in schools. That's what kids need when some nutters with guns invade their school - a shootout! Yeah, get trigger-happy dirty harry and his mates in to be heroes...absolute stupidity.

So, what do kids needs if "some nutters with guns invade their school"? To sit there defenseless and pray they're not one of the chosen ones?

Granted, you're from the UK, so you may not know about certain events in our nation's history, like the Columbine Massacre. Harris and Klebold went on a shooting spree using weapons that were banned in the United States at the time. It was only after they exchanged gunfire with armed guards at the school, and subsequently police, that they retreated to the library and killed themselves. In fact, that's what happens in literally 90% of spree killings. When the shooter is met with resistance, they commit suicide. In my state, we have actual police officers that are assigned to each individual school. It seems to work out pretty well for us.

posted on Dec, 24 2012 @ 04:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by syrinx high priest
I was wondering if this was enough dead to register here

this place is going to be busy, there are 34 murders with guns every day in this country

I consider an ambush of firefighters beyond your comparison of everyday murders. Im sure even most death row inmates find this senseless act disgusting

posted on Dec, 24 2012 @ 04:36 PM
link   
Why is this all happening to such an exaggerated extent on Obama's watch? In the last 20 years gun incidences have dramatically dropped to about 1/3 to what it once was, but now it seems we are having a rash of people wanting to kill and then kill themselves.

Guns are not the catalyst here, so what is it. Why are we seeing people reach the point of wanting to kill others and kill themselves in the process. None of these people are going into these situations with an idea they will come out of it alive, so there is something else going on other than someone sees a gun and gets an itch to use it....

posted on Dec, 24 2012 @ 05:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by MikeNice81
reply to post by smurfy

I read part of your link. It sounds to me like they were serving a no knock warrant and things went horribly wrong. That is why I have always been against such tactics. The police department acted in an absolutely disgusting manner.

The simple fact is that the Marine acted as he should have with an unknown group of intruders entering his home. The horrible part is that the police department overreacted and then tried to cover it up. This wasn't a gun problem. The gun owner did everything right. That is evidenced by the fact that he didn't even flip off the safety after he realized they were police officers. What you have here is a seemingly clear cut case of police brutality and murder. That incident should lead to reevaluating the tactics we allow cops to use. However, Americans aren't going to stand up and fight for that. Instead people will blame the home owner for trying to protect his family.

That's not right at all, the marine's story caused a storm here at ATS. I think the Sheriff actually said something at the time to the effect like, anyone pointing a gun at his officers is not going to be around any longer. That is NOT, the exact quote BTW, but you can look for it.
Here's another example of nonthink with a gun in your hand, most revealing though is the words of the homeowner shooter's wife, "There was no thinking involved. I wish I could have thought. If I could have just thought," Mrs. Peairs said.
The case of Yoshihiro Hattori, a Japanese student in the US, going to a party and knocking on the front door of the wrong house, had a "funny walk" and ending up shot dead, and that's all he and his friend did, knock at the door, you will see why in the link, (at least as portrayed in the court)

en.wikipedia.org...
The shooter was 'eventually' (emphasis there) charged with manslaughter, but got off.

posted on Dec, 24 2012 @ 05:37 PM
link   
That's weird, I thought you couldn't own a gun in NY. They for sure have some of the tightest gun laws. I guess someone must have brought it in from a state where guns are legal. I know this is just going to get blown past but people that want TO DO bad things USING dangerous things are going to do it, get this, EVEN IF IT'S ILEGAL.

posted on Dec, 24 2012 @ 05:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by GuidedKill
Nearly 100 people die daily from Auto Accidents....Maybe we should start bringing national attention to them and ban cars.....Link

What kind of idiocy is this? It's in the term, Auto ACCIDENT.

posted on Dec, 24 2012 @ 05:48 PM
link   
Posted earlier here:
www.abovetopsecret.com...

Please add further comments to the ongoing discussion in the above linked thread.
Thanks

**Thread Closed**

for future reference:

We Have A New Search Engine--Please Use It!

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join