It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A catalogue of the more interesting Australian UFO reports.

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 3 2015 @ 12:00 AM
link   
a reply to: lostgirl

the more sightings reported, the greater the likelyhood of there being ones that are of a "more interesting" nature.

How does this follow?

posted on Jun, 3 2015 @ 02:22 AM
link   
a reply to: Astyanax

Probability. The greater the number of UFO 'experiences', the greater the odds that one of them would be particularly "interesting"...

posted on Jun, 3 2015 @ 04:18 AM
link   
a reply to: karl 12

my grand mother came over from NSWs in the 1920 - 30's in a convoy of vehicles on dirt tracks. I can remember her telling my mum about seeing lights that would just float across the bush from horizon to horizon

The truckies and many others who drive across the nullabour and back still report experiences where lights have simply come up behind them as if they are other vehicles and then the next thing they know they are over the top of the vehicle.

posted on Jun, 3 2015 @ 06:43 AM
link   

That implies a value judgement: what exactly is an 'interesting' sighting? An interesting sighting could be one that is seen only by one witness, or one that occurs in thinly populated places.

posted on Jun, 3 2015 @ 02:35 PM
link   

That would be a question for Karl 12, he's the one who made this thread of a list of sightings which he designated "more interesting"...

posted on Jun, 4 2015 @ 12:06 AM
link   

originally posted by: lostgirl

That would be a question for Karl 12, he's the one who made this thread of a list of sightings which he designated "more interesting"...

Hola Lostgirl, the actual thread title is taken from Keith Basterfield's catalogue (so we''ll have to ask him) but I did find this case from Gosford really, really interesting.

It involves a UFO sucking up water from a lake and it happened in 1995.

Thread

There's also another Gosford 'UFO sucking up water' report here from a week earlier and another similar one here from six years later so it looks like the place is a bit of a hotspot.

This one from Lake Sorell also sounds pretty identical.

Thanks for the map.

edit on 4-6-2015 by karl 12 because: Spelling

posted on Jun, 4 2015 @ 11:22 AM
link   

Thank you for the video and other report links - very 'interesting' indeed!

And I thought the title of your thread very appropriate, but was merely replying to a post which was Implying that I, personally, was making a "value judgement" in the use of the word "interesting"...

Uummm, you understand that my 'exchange' with the member I had replied to started out as a defense of the 'validity' of the map you posted?

Because, if you go back and read from that post, you'll see that Nastyax's map (despite what may later be claimed) was intended (essentially) to 'say' that the notations of sightings on your map didn't have any 'real' significance, because they simply corresponded to high population areas and places where high numbers of people would be 'out and about'...

In other words - and I'm probably going to get flamed for this - I was being trolled and only brought the title of the thread into it in order to defend myself...

(boy, we really need a 'sheepish grin/shoulder shrug' icon)

edit on 4-6-2015 by lostgirl because: grammer

posted on Jun, 11 2015 @ 03:54 PM
link   

No worries Lostgirl -there are also quite a number of cases over on this thread which sound almost identical to the Gosford and Lake Sorell reports - god knows what's going on.

Here's more from researcher Paul Dean about Australian UFO documentation.

Another 500 Pages Of Unseen Australian Government UFO Files Unearthed

originally posted by: Blackfinger

Tully has always been rumoured to be a UFO hotspot.

There's a good article here about that cheeky saucer nest in 1966 mate - apparently 'the locality was also the centre of an extended UFO milieu that continued for many years, particularly in 1969, 1972 and 1975'.

Cheers.

posted on Jun, 11 2015 @ 10:24 PM
link   
To me the Knowles family incident is probably the most telling of things that are happening.With Woomera at that end of the country plus a large uninhabited interior a lot of things are unexplained.

posted on Aug, 29 2015 @ 05:30 PM
link   
Doco about Ozzie UFO researcher Mr Colin Norris - sourced by RealTVUFOs

“My Identified Life” (2005) – Documentary Film About the Australian UFO Researcher Colin Norris

Part 2

The late Colin Norris was called “Mr. UFO” by the South Australia media. He researched UFOs for over fifty years.

Norris became interested in UFOs after having sighted so-called “foo fighters” during World War 2. He was the turret
gunner on a Liberator bomber in the RAAF.

Bio

posted on Oct, 17 2015 @ 07:03 PM
link   

To me the Knowles family incident is probably the most telling of things that are happening.With Woomera at that end of the country plus a large uninhabited interior a lot of things are unexplained.

Certainly a freaky one mate and in case you've not seen it Xavier Ortega over at GhostTheory has recently penned a good article about the case below.

“I felt like my brain was being sucked out…” Patrick Knowles told the reporters.

“It felt like something was going into our heads…” Faye Knowles added.

link

posted on Oct, 17 2015 @ 07:23 PM
link   
I didn't report this to mufon till 2014 , but it lies
within the scope of this thread , and is certainly
the closest I've ever come to a ufo.
It occured on Moreton Bay,Brisbane ,QLD.

In July 2002 , I was fortunate enough to witness a very large U.F.O ,
at close range , for over an hour ...
I was out fishing one night , alone in my small sailboat . There was no moon ,
90% cloud cover , and an approaching thunderstorm , 50 km. away.
Drifting because of no wind , and reclining in the cockpit , at 2 a.m ,
I noticed in the sky, 10km. to my south , three solid , bright red lights in a
triangular formation . They were separated by 200 metres ., and approaching
my position at 15 knots , altitude 300 metres . As they came closer , I noticed
another three red lights following , 4 km. behind . This immediately got my
attention , and looking around I saw two more sets of red lights ,
equi-distant and at 90 degrees to the others . I was between several small
islands , and can accurately report it's overall dimensions as being 5km.
across .
As it slowly passed directly overhead , it blocked 60 % of the sky for 30 minutes .
It's underside was illuminated from the lights of a nearby city , 40km. away .
It was a massive disc , with turrets ,
antennae , and one very large , brilliant white spotlight in the middle.
It was making a quiet and low buzzing noise ,. As it moved to the North ,
I could plainly see it was an upside down saucer shape .
I don't drink or do drugs , this is as real as it gets .
There was nothing in the media about it the next day , and it passed an
International airport on it's way north ...
... and no it wasn't an R/C balloon swamp gas Venus lantern disinfo thingy.
At 3:30 a.m , the daily commercial jets screamed overhead towards
the airport , at 5000 feet , tiny and loud .
I am a very experienced seaman/bushman , and this is not my only
encounter .,( although the largest so far )
I have had contact of the fourth kind , and can assure you , they were
of the benevolent kind .... maybe another time

posted on Oct, 18 2015 @ 11:20 PM
link   

Good to see this old thread getting the resurrection it deserves...

IRM

posted on Oct, 24 2015 @ 04:58 PM
link   
a reply to: InfaRedMan

Nice one matey, can't beat a good bump now and again

As well as Gosford, St. George, Wycliffe Wells, Nullarbor etc. also looks like Caboolture and Bribie Island could be hotspots as well.

link

Cheers!

posted on Oct, 25 2015 @ 08:27 PM
link   
Seem to remember a UFO being filmed from a plane or helicopter back in the late 70,s early 80,s that was televised live on the news..

posted on Oct, 25 2015 @ 09:48 PM
link   

Seem to remember a UFO being filmed from a plane or helicopter back in the late 70,s early 80,s that was televised live on the news..

Hi mate, think that may be the New Zealand Kaikoura case and Ziggystar60 has made a mighty fine thread on it below.

Caught on film by TV crew: The 1978 Kaikoura UFO sightings

Cheers.

posted on Oct, 26 2015 @ 10:50 PM
link   
Yep thats the one..The stress in the reporters voice has always stuck with me...Will have to keep an eye out at night as I,m across the channel to Bribie
My mate has seen red lights do strange things.

posted on Dec, 4 2015 @ 04:21 PM
link   

Yep thats the one..The stress in the reporters voice has always stuck with me...

Know what you mean about that reporter mate and let us know if you witness anything freaky across the Bribie channel

Below is another very odd report from Port Augusta in 1947 involving 'five egg-shaped objects speeding across the sky' - as it mentions at the link, the report is startling considering it was obtained before flying saucers became an international sensation on the other side of the world.

An excerpt from the chapter describes the strange sighting in Port Augusta almost 70 years ago …

… A man and his wife witnessed five gray oblong objects pass overhead in Lock, South Australia. Hours later, rail yard workers independently saw five egg-shaped objects speeding across the sky over Port Augusta, also in South Australia ... After a thorough search for the witnesses, we concluded they existed as stated and the sightings were not a media prank. What they saw is difficult to explain as meteors, a theory rejected by Adelaide Observatory at the time. The objects seen at Port Augusta were ‘casting shadows’, which would usually mean that they were solid objects interrupting the sunlight ...

link

Cheers.

posted on Dec, 5 2015 @ 02:16 PM
link   

What interests me there, and I think it is the point you are making, so just to elaborate:

When we think "egg-shaped", we think of the way an egg looks in an 'upright' position -

- but if you imagine a 'sideways' egg, you are really talking about an oval or, from a distance, a 'disc' shaped object...

...so, that, plus the description of "gray oblong objects", basically amounts to 'flying saucers' seen in Australia before the 'term' became ubiquitous..

posted on Dec, 9 2015 @ 04:18 AM
link   
Hi, Keith Basterfield's UFO blog at ufos-scientificresearch.blogspot.com...
Is always worth a look. He has just
posted about his Project Newsprint,
gathering current and historical reports
from rural and remote parts of Australia.

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join