It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Treating Grandmother's Alzheimer’s With Coconut OIl and Flaxseed...

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 4 2013 @ 03:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by onequestion
Not working. maybe treatment needs to continue for a while before we see the affect of it.

I've lost the link now, but I'll keep looking... it was a youtube video.

But what they said was for positive results the dosage for coconut oil was 3 tablespoons, 3 times a day.

You should up the dosage and see if you get results.

posted on Feb, 5 2013 @ 01:15 PM
link   
reply to post by Julie Washington

Yea we might need to up the dosage

posted on Feb, 5 2013 @ 03:33 PM
link   
Well I'm not sure that too much fat, even good fat, is needed. I wonder what is really being promoted in the health food industry. Some things are very good and people feel better, like C, D, and other things. But I don't know about this. I have arthritis and other serious conditions, and then another type of arthritis was added, gout, due to Fatty Liver Disease. I don't drink. And yet was taking coconut oil for my arthritis, it seemed to help. But I also suspect it may have helped the other problem manifest more fully.

GMO is a big thing. 75% of the food sold is supposed to be GMO now. Poison! Also with alzheimers, mercury and heavy metal toxicity. Things like P'audarco tea, and idodide crystals, ie. equivalent to a 50 mg pill, and things that detox the heavy metals may be good. And research things that promote memory, consciousness and awareness.

edit on 5-2-2013 by Unity_99 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 5 2013 @ 04:17 PM
link   
I would also add Glutathione to the treatment list.

It's the most important molecule you need to stay healthy and prevent disease -- yet you've probably never heard of it. It's the secret to prevent aging, cancer, heart disease, dementia and more, and necessary to treat everything from autism to Alzheimer's disease.

There are more than 89,000 medical articles about it -- but your doctor doesn't know how address the epidemic deficiency of this critical life-giving molecule ...

What is it? I'm talking about the mother of all antioxidants, the master detoxifier and maestro of the immune system: GLUTATHIONE.

The rest of the article has some good info:

Source

posted on Oct, 25 2013 @ 11:27 AM
link   
reply to post by onequestion

Did you continue with the treatment? I read in several different sites that the dosage should be weight based with those 175+ 4 spoonfulls daily.

posted on Nov, 8 2013 @ 05:58 PM
link   
I too agree that the "dose" is too small to see an effect this soon. Don't know if I missed it, but what stage is the alzheimer's (brain malfunctioning)?

I would consider adding MCT oil. It is refined from coconut oil. I have been using it by adding it as an oil in salad dressing and in Bulletproof Coffee ala Dave Asprey. Now foods has a decent version. Dave Asprey sells a couple versions as well. One is refined further called Brain Octaine. Great quality but pricey. MCT oil is kind of tasteless, has a good texture great for mixing in smoothies, etc.

I remember hearing that you should continue using coconut oil if adding MCT. I would send you over to the forums at forum.bulletproofexec.com... Lots of knowledgeable people there.

Now, if your concerned about adding too much oil, I would urge you to read The book Cholestrerol Clarity. Actually, I think this book can teach most doctors a thing or too. Still trying to get my dad(old School MD) to read it.

I agree with Turmeric although I would and am use a curcumin(refined from Turmeric). Liposomal Vitamin C looks interesting and I am just about too try it myself. Liposomal Glutathione would be on my list and is. I don't have any thing yet to backup these recommendations, but these can be fairly cheap. You can buy bulk curcumin and capping equipment, as well as C and Glutathione which you can make liposomal yourself. And I am not aware of any toxicity level for these.

posted on Nov, 8 2013 @ 06:18 PM
link   
reply to post by bruceT

She died not long after posting this.

posted on Nov, 8 2013 @ 06:29 PM
link   
reply to post by onequestion

Sorry to hear that. My wife's mom died of it a few years ago. Tough illness.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join