It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Thread Graveyard...Bring Your Favorite Back From The Dead...

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 23 2012 @ 07:41 AM
link   
It occurred to me that there are many threads that just whither away and die...here is your invitation to bring them back...no rules...well there is one...it must be a thread that has been DEAD for at least 3 months. OKAY 2 rules..it has to be from someone other than yourself...no horn tooting or you will be ignored. Want to give props and share why you feel the thread you are bringing deserves attention...go right ahead...in fact I encourage it. Okay 3 rules...there has to be a limit set for how many threads you can share (3) and they must be from (3) different members.

I will start the ball rolling with (3) ...in no particular order of favoritism...

1) www.abovetopsecret.com... Has Anyone Had More Than One Type of Paranormal Experience?...written by Sled735...

I had a ghost follow me around from age six until my late teens, channeled spirits, seen UFOs (close), had an object materialize from thin air in front of my face, and had a monster of some kind over 8 ft. tall walk past my bathroom window during my lifetime. I am now 54 years old. Until now I had no way of communicating with others about all these strange occurrences, but thanks to ATS, I can now ask the question, "Are there others who experience more than one type of paranormal phenomena, or am I just a paranormal magnet?"

Implores you to share a paranormal incident or 2 from your own life. I have shared, I have had many experiences, how about you? Be sure and stop by her thread and have a read and leave a calling card of your own, I am sure she will appreciate the support.

2) www.abovetopsecret.com... Forgive yourself, forgive the Illuminati... and let´s move on...written by Laffoe...

Hey there! Welcome... We live in a box, let us go outside that box...Better even let us break that box! Really - it is only our own shadows What we´ll be dealing with here are subjects such as: power, forgiveness, old marriages that need new life, who we truly are and of course love, love, love. You might have noticed the world is changing before your eyes... believe me it´s only getting better from here!

If you have never read a post by this member you are missing out. They have a talent for poetry that requires a read or 2 or 3...They always have a poem to share, but this thread touches on a topic that many find interest in...take a few moments to check it out...and be sure you find some of their other threads to read, especially if you like poetic talent.

3) Terms and Conditions of Use.written by SimonGray (site owner)...

Your use of the message board(s) (and inclusive forums and video services) and any other public medium hosted on the AboveTopSecret.com, ATSnews.com, media.AboveTopSecret.com, BelowTopSecret.com, AbovePolitics.com, and TheAboveNetwork.com, and any other website(s) owned and operated by The Above Network, LLC and any related organization(s) (collectively referred to as the "Websites") indicates your acceptance of the following Terms and Conditions of Use.

While this thread is self explanatory...I feel that many members need a refresher course. I have read it from start to finish and found it to be very informative. I think the lack of respect for other members at times is out of line. Just because someone does not agree with your view it is not necessary to result to name calling to refute or dispute. Ignorance cuts both ways...responding to ignorance with ignorance hardly helps the argument being put forth. Condescension is not necessary in order to show intelligence on a subject. Try thinking of a different way to word what you have to say...don't be so hasty in your replies...humor is fine when appropriate...If someone shares an opinion you don't like feel free to ignore it...that is your choice.

Thanks for stopping by.

BAW33
edit on 12/23/2012 by BrokenAngelWings33 because: (no reason given)

edit on 12/23/2012 by BrokenAngelWings33 because: Edit

edit on 12/23/2012 by BrokenAngelWings33 because: (no reason given)

edit on Sun Dec 23 2012 by DontTreadOnMe because: fixed T&C link

posted on Dec, 23 2012 @ 09:28 AM
link   
There's a reason threads die. No one is interested, or the thread is lacking in substance. Either way, bringing it back won't make it more substantial or interesting. I like the effort though.

posted on Dec, 23 2012 @ 09:28 AM
link   
There's a reason threads die. No one is interested, or the thread is lacking in substance. Either way, bringing it back won't make it more substantial or interesting. I like the effort though.

posted on Dec, 23 2012 @ 02:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by AfterInfinity

2 times for effort? Lmao. Okay, but that is not why they die all the time. This one died for that reason though.

posted on Dec, 23 2012 @ 02:31 PM
link   
reply to post by BrokenAngelWings33

I recently read this thread from 2009.
"Preschoolers comprise the fastest growing psychiatric-drug-using demographic in the U.S."
by kosmicjack
www.abovetopsecret.com...
31 flags
I wouldn't say it's my favorite thread but in a way it becomes more pertinent over time.
edit on 23-12-2012 by tanda7 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 23 2012 @ 03:22 PM
link   

I HATE dead threads. There's nothing worse than spending time in thought on a thread, then making a reply only to find out it was started in 2010 !

If a thread is dead, don't be so bored as to bring them back.

posted on Dec, 23 2012 @ 08:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by jiggerj

I HATE dead threads. There's nothing worse than spending time in thought on a thread, then making a reply only to find out it was started in 2010 !

Some threads deserve more attention than they got or get. Some have very relevant information and are worth reading. Not everything has to be new to have pertinent information in them. You are hardly the voice of reason in most instances so I would have to respectfully disagree with you.

posted on Dec, 23 2012 @ 09:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by BrokenAngelWings33
You are hardly the voice of reason in most instances so I would have to respectfully disagree with you.

Excuse me? You show me one thread where I claim aliens abducted me, my house is haunted, or that some invisible friend wants me to tell you that he/she/it loves you.

I am ALL reason, ALL the time. Well, except when I'm foolin' around.

And seeing as the dead threads don't show up very often, you might want to have a look at YOUR reasoning.

Sorry, BAW, just checked your moon thread. Seeing as I'm the only one NOT bashing you, I won't start now.
edit on 12/23/2012 by jiggerj because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 23 2012 @ 10:03 PM
link   
reply to post by jiggerj

I love reading old threads.
I usually find myself reading old threads for these two reasons.

Sometimes I read a recent thread that compels me to research a subject. I often use ATS search because honestly I would rather hear what ATS says first. then search elsewhere if needed.
This leads me to plenty of old threads. I admit I have blind spots in my overview of many subjects.

Also, being relatively new to online interaction, I've learned that I can no longer depend on visual ques to help me communicate with other members. When I read a post that either impresses me or even offends me, I often read the members thread history so I can perhaps understand their point of view.
One thing I look for is a sense of humor. My situation in real life demands a sense of humor.
Sometimes I come across a post like this;

How in the world were swears invented? I imagine a few thousand years ago a very dislikable fellow decided to expand his vocabulary by inventing new words. Since no one liked him, they considered his new words un-utterable.
When I read post like this, I know I would probably really like this person in real life.

There are plenty of members who have received stars and flags from me for old threads.

(am I the only one who does this?)

With that said, so far I have not seen the need to resurrect an old thread by posting in it, but I would like to hear others recommend old threads to read.

edit on 23-12-2012 by tanda7 because: recommendations

posted on Dec, 23 2012 @ 10:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by jiggerj

I got the exact response in my Moon thread as I thought I would...and I got the exact response from you as I thought I would.

posted on Dec, 23 2012 @ 10:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by tanda7
reply to post by jiggerj

I love reading old threads.
I usually find myself reading old threads for these two reasons.

Sometimes I read a recent thread that compels me to research a subject. I often use ATS search because honestly I would rather hear what ATS says first. then search elsewhere if needed.
This leads me to plenty of old threads. I admit I have blind spots in my overview of many subjects.

Also, being relatively new to online interaction, I've learned that I can no longer depend on visual ques to help me communicate with other members. When I read a post that either impresses me or even offends me, I often read the members thread history so I can perhaps understand their point of view.
One thing I look for is a sense of humor. My situation in real life demands a sense of humor.
Sometimes I come across a post like this;

How in the world were swears invented? I imagine a few thousand years ago a very dislikable fellow decided to expand his vocabulary by inventing new words. Since no one liked him, they considered his new words un-utterable.
When I read post like this, I know I would probably really like this person in real life.

There are plenty of members who have received stars and flags from me for old threads.

(am I the only one who does this?)

No you are not...and would you please share 3 threads you would like to draw attention to.

posted on Dec, 23 2012 @ 11:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by BrokenAngelWings33

I got the exact response in my Moon thread as I thought I would...

And why would you expect that? You asked a very simple, honest question and didn't deserve what you got. I was in my fifties before finding out that it takes 28 days for the moon to orbit the earth, and that the side we see is always facing us.

There is nothing wrong in learning new stuff, but when people come along claiming to know things, like, what a god wants from us, or telling us that the world is going to end, with absolutely NO evidence, well, it just boils my blood.

new topics

top topics

join