It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Placebo Problems

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 22 2012 @ 06:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by FirstCasualty

Originally posted by capone1

Originally posted by FirstCasualty
reply to post by capone1

thanks for clearing that up lol. HOW WAS THE IDEA INSTALLED INTO THE PERSON!!! They tricked themselves into believing it was true which tells me you believe these believers to be mentally ill. Fine! what i don't get is.... Why do you care?

Here is a random, simple example to understand. Lets take a little example that recently happened in my household. Someone randomly mentioned that they think the dog may be sick. All of the sudden, people were saying things like "he seems tired", hes not cuddling enough". When in reality, he hasnt changed at all. The hyper, over observation convinces people something is not right.

that sounds like something that would happen with a bunch of kids and no adult in the room. I have never witnessed anything like that ever. If the dog is sick its cause he wont eat or sleeps all day, limps or wont walk. If those symptoms are noticed the dog should be taken to the vet. How does a dog "look" sick? they don't get pale.

I said i understood what you meant... if you were dealing with the mentally ill. What i don't get is how this applies to people that there are bigger things going on than capitalism and reality television. And more importantly, what is your concern about this that it would over take everything your interested just to question and judge what others are? how does this affect you?

I don't know how to converse with you. But please go here and learn about it what Im saying.
en.m.wikipedia.org...

posted on Dec, 22 2012 @ 06:46 PM
link   
reply to post by capone1

100% agreed! Like the posts about one person getting a bad headache on the 21st, and wanting to know if other people had it too. Out of the X amount of members on ATS, there are going to be a LOT of them with headaches on any given day [snipped]
edit on Sat Dec 22 2012 by DontTreadOnMe because: We expect civility and decorum within all topics - Please Review This Link.

posted on Dec, 22 2012 @ 06:57 PM
link   
Someone said they wanted to hear from a mod - so magically one appears....

Address people in a civil and sensible manner, and discuss the topic and not each other.

Theres no need for names or any other schoolyard nonsense.

If you don't believe the OP is correct there is nothing wrong in saying so, and why. Its the tone of how you say things that is important. Civility is expected. If you can't bring yourself to be civil, don't post.

new topics

<< 1   >>

join