It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

2012+ The End Is Very Near - The God(s) Are Returning

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 22 2012 @ 02:35 PM
link   
reply to post by dcmb1409

Sorry, didn't know you were one of them. Anyways, never read a new age prediction or theory that stood up to a real test.

Got educated a long time ago, eh? Time to freshen up on some of your facts. Fun fact: a lot of crazy little ideas that are considered "new age" were actually supported by ancient cultures, traditions and religions, many of which were buried by Christianity. Only now do they have the freedom and courage to come to light without being outright persecuted, and funnily enough, science is confirming a lot of it.

The stuff we didn't have the science to understand then, we're developing the science to understand now. That's the stuff that's called "new age", and it's only new because it's been hiding from the Christian baddies for centuries. Hell, the battery was new to us hundreds of years after the Egyptians first invented it.

Just because you've never heard or seen it before, doesn't make it new. That just makes you uninformed.

edit on 22-12-2012 by AfterInfinity because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 22 2012 @ 03:18 PM
link   
After the passing of 2012 without so much as a whimper, I will NEVER believe ANYONE who says they know what is going to happen EVER again.

I will not extend you provisional faith, suspended judgement, nor a wait and see attitude.
You are no better or different than the countless others who have come before you and you will fall and fail in the exact same way.

posted on Dec, 22 2012 @ 03:32 PM
link   
Am I the only one that is in shock and awe or just plain dumfounded on how the 2012 doomsday prophecies are still going? Its time to accept that you were wrong and move on. I need a wall to slam my head into.

posted on Dec, 22 2012 @ 03:33 PM
link   
reply to post by Screwed

After the passing of 2012 without so much as a whimper, I will NEVER believe ANYONE who says they know what is going to happen EVER again.

Gotta love those New Year's resolutions!

I will not extend you provisional faith, suspended judgement, nor a wait and see attitude.
You are no better or different than the countless others who have come before you and you will fall and fail in the exact same way.

With that kind of attitude, I'm surprised to see you on this website.

posted on Dec, 22 2012 @ 03:50 PM
link   
reply to post by AfterInfinity

It is precisely BECAUSE of being a member of this website for as many years as I have been (under many different names) that I have this attitude.

It is called learning from experience, which I have.
It is the people who keep on keepin on who worry me.
At what point do people just admit they were gullible and probably extended too much faith in things unseen?
At what point do you ground yourself and get back to the real world that we are currently living in and stop looking for a world which we do NOT live in to just fall in our laps?

I learn from my mistakes.
I learn from experience.
Might be time for others to do the same, or not.
This is what it took FOR ME.
If you are new to all of this then it might take a few more let downs but.....you WILL get there eventually.
Orrrr not.

posted on Dec, 22 2012 @ 03:57 PM
link   
reply to post by Screwed

It is called learning from experience, which I have.
It is the people who keep on keepin on who worry me.
At what point do people just admit they were gullible and probably extended too much faith in things unseen?

I can't speak for others, but I have made my opinion clear in this matter. I didn't believe, I just hoped. I'm tired of this game that Homo Sapiens seems terribly fond of.

At what point do you ground yourself and get back to the real world that we are currently living in and stop looking for a world which we do NOT live in to just fall in our laps?

You have to work for a brighter future. Or are you willing to settle for the miserable society we currently live in? Maybe you're happy with what you have, but there's a hundred people for every one of you that's facing a terrible living situation and will probably die before I finish typing this post. They are the ones I'm thinking of. Just because they aren't right in front of me, doesn't make their hell any less real. Out of sight, not out of mind.

posted on Dec, 22 2012 @ 04:00 PM
link   
he is professor of youtubology

posted on Dec, 22 2012 @ 04:27 PM
link   
The original post is kind of...vague?

The Mayan calendar, the Hopi prophecy, etc, none of these things have squat to do with Biblical prophecy. The Bible accurately predicts everything we see happening in the Middle East right now, including the reformation of Israel, Egypt and Syria in serious turmoil, and Russia and Iran teaming up against Israel. Also predicted the army of 200,000,000 (China) at a time when there were fewer than that many people in existence.

The two prophets will come during the seven year tribulation after the Rapture, and they will be killed and lie in the streets of Jerusalem, and the Bible says that the whole world will watch the bodies and rejoice (another impossibility of prophecy, as only TV could allow this to happen....predicted thousands of years ago) So no, they have not come yet. At the end of the seven years, Biblically, after seven horrific years, God returns and finally ends the whole shabang, aka The Apocalypse.

We are in the season of Christ's return, of that there is no doubt. Anything concerning aliens, or inter dimensional ascension, or an asteroid or black hole destroying the world...that stuff, IMHO, is from the devil. It keeps us curious and lost humans from seeing the truth. That's why so many people can't stand the Bible....it takes away fairy tales and imagination and tells us how it will go. It's been spot on so far. But most people would rather believe in anything rather than actually realize they will be judged by their maker.

The amazing thing is, I used be against the idea myself, and I thought that I had to give up my imagination and creativity to really accept the truth. I've come to realize...how awesome is to think about exisitng on the same dimensional plane as God himself, understanding the infinite, and leaving this disease and filth ridden physical form behind? I hear so much talk about ascension, aliens, etc....the reality of God is so much greater than that. Heaven will be the ultimate sci-fi, if you stop and think about.

The original post sounds like some kind of wierd amalgam of stuff mixed. Totally silly and very wrong.
edit on 22-12-2012 by BSFC123 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 22 2012 @ 05:00 PM
link   

Got educated a long time ago, eh? Time to freshen up on some of your facts. Fun fact: a lot of crazy little ideas that are considered "new age" were actually supported by ancient cultures, traditions and religions, many of which were buried by Christianity. Only now do they have the freedom and courage to come to light without being outright persecuted, and funnily enough, science is confirming a lot of it. The stuff we didn't have the science to understand then, we're developing the science to understand now. That's the stuff that's called "new age", and it's only new because it's been hiding from the Christian baddies for centuries. Hell, the battery was new to us hundreds of years after the Egyptians first invented it.

lol, such as what?

posted on Dec, 22 2012 @ 07:14 PM
link   
reply to post by CantSay

Interesting. Now explain: Enoch Who in your avatar.

posted on Dec, 22 2012 @ 08:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by Phantom28804
Am I the only one that is in shock and awe or just plain dumfounded on how the 2012 doomsday prophecies are still going? Its time to accept that you were wrong and move on. I need a wall to slam my head into.

Here is pretty wall...

Knock yourself out!

posted on Dec, 22 2012 @ 08:14 PM
link   
reply to post by CantSay

You opened yourself up to be slammed. Congrats. All credibility went out the window as soon as you said you were a scientist...never specified...not that it matters...most would not believe you anyway at this point. How is it that you can call the scripture you quoted as being literal and call yourself a scientist in the same breath?

posted on Dec, 22 2012 @ 08:19 PM
link   
2 seconds after the mayan apocalypse flop you are predicting again. Someone must have alzheimers or something to forget that soon. big facepalm here

posted on Dec, 22 2012 @ 08:40 PM
link   
Every day can be the "apocalypse" in my opinion. We could have a meteor event or comet,meteorite whatever. There could be a really bad nuclear accident and pollute most of the planet. Im sure there are a number of things that could screw up the planet real quick. I was kinda looking forward to some aliens coming around in my lifetime. If they did Im sure there WOULD be a battle in the sky.

posted on Dec, 22 2012 @ 09:18 PM
link   
If you understood the book of Revelation completely then you would know there are no "Gods". There is only ONE God and his name in the human tongue is Jesus the Christ, or Yeshua Ha'Moshiach. Neither would you be consorting with that mayan astrological filth.

posted on Dec, 22 2012 @ 09:36 PM
link   
reply to post by lonewolf19792000

Someone pointed out to me there are about 10 to 13 gods in the bible but most people ignore that.

posted on Dec, 22 2012 @ 09:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by AfterInfinity

New Age
adj.
Of or relating to a complex of spiritual and consciousness-raising movements originating in the 1980s and covering a range of themes from a belief in spiritualism and reincarnation to advocacy of holistic approaches to health and ecology.

Put away that broad brush, would ya? It's a little offensive.

Well this is the definition I found (emphasis mine):

New Age
adjective
1. of or pertaining to a movement espousing a broad range of philosophies and practices traditionally viewed as occult, metaphysical, or paranormal.

dictionary.reference.com...

Why would a broad brush not be used for a broad topic?

posted on Dec, 22 2012 @ 09:59 PM
link   
reply to post by BSFC123

Thank you for summing that up perfectly!
Very well said!

posted on Dec, 22 2012 @ 10:27 PM
link   

...a lot of us New Age people...

You labeled yourself. Now you have to defend it. Why'd you do that? I know you are better than that. Just bring the truth. It speaks for itself.

posted on Dec, 22 2012 @ 10:51 PM
link   
Guys, I'm a scientist and I can tell you with 100% certainty that Santa Claus is real and lives in the Noth Pole. This I have discerned from many hours of studying Charlie Brown's Christmas.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join