It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

If Adam Lanza only had a knife...

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 22 2012 @ 02:36 AM
link   
So wait.. A person with a knife... didn't manage to slaughter dozens of people because a knife doesn't send a projectile through someone in a fraction of a second from across the room, while they're going from person to person to person? Huh. Who'd have thunk it. Oh wait, that was exactly what I was #ing saying.

posted on Dec, 22 2012 @ 02:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by Grifter42
So wait.. A person with a knife... didn't manage to slaughter dozens of people because a knife doesn't send a projectile through someone in a fraction of a second from across the room, while they're going from person to person to person? Huh. Who'd have thunk it. Oh wait, that was exactly what I was #ing saying.

I didn't say that, but you didn't answer my question, did you?

posted on Dec, 22 2012 @ 02:39 AM
link   
pondering

edit on 22-12-2012 by Domo1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 22 2012 @ 02:42 AM
link   
And I find it quite amusing that you accuse me of not having my facts straight when not five minutes earlier, you folks were claiming that someone had managed to kill 22 people with a knife. Real pillar of accuracy there. Your mother, and father, and god and country would be real proud of you.

posted on Dec, 22 2012 @ 02:46 AM
link   

And I find it quite amusing that you accuse me of not having my facts straight when not five minutes earlier, you folks were claiming that someone had managed to kill 22 people with a knife. Real pillar of accuracy there. Your mother, and father, and god and country would be real proud of you.

You can't answer my question yet have pride to accuse other's mothers, fathers and relatives of what?

What is it?

If you were attacked, would you rather have a knife or gun?

edit on 12/22/2012 by abecedarian because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 22 2012 @ 02:49 AM
link   
reply to post by Ameilia

Apologies? Perhaps edit the post you're getting stars for? Considering it's not true? I think you have time...

posted on Dec, 22 2012 @ 02:50 AM
link   
Knife. I am not Dirty Harry, this is not an action movie, and a knife is useful as an all around tool for more than just killing.

Hey, abec, which would you prefer to carry on the toilet while you're taking a #? A knife, a gun, or a thirteenth century skull crushing mace?

posted on Dec, 22 2012 @ 02:57 AM
link   
reply to post by Grifter42

Yeah, And if he would have only had a pointy car key then maybe the sick sob would have waited to run them over at the bus lines and crosswalks? All conjecture what this sick sob would or could have done in replacing his instrument of murder with any other tools that can be used for destruction.

posted on Dec, 22 2012 @ 03:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by abecedarian
If you were attacked, would you rather have a knife or gun?

edit on 12/22/2012 by abecedarian because: (no reason given)

I'd rather have a flamethrower. Does that mean we should make those legal? I can't wait to rehearse my new internal slogan: 'If he had a flamethrower, he would have lived'.

If you want to understand the context of policing in the UK, read this:

At the Police Federation of England and Wales Annual Conference 2006 held in Bournemouth this May, the findings from the third survey on arming the police were announced. (Please see top line results at end).
The response rate was high and the message emphatic. An overwhelming majority of 82 per cent stated that they do not want all officers to be routinely armed on duty. This is particularly significant given that there has been almost no change in police officers’ opinions since we conducted the previous surveys in 2003 and 1995, and this despite the massive rise in gun related crime.

The 'massive rise' they are discussing is using imitation firearms to hold people up as real firearms are much harder to get.

These are the people who deal with these incidents day to day. If you want to just dismiss their opinion and instead believe the US got it right then that's America for you

posted on Dec, 22 2012 @ 03:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by infolurker

Yeah, And if he would have only had a pointy car key then maybe the sick sob would have waited to run them over at the bus lines and crosswalks? All conjecture what this sick sob would or could have done in replacing his instrument of murder with any other tools that can be used for destruction.

Could you name another tool of destruction that is as useful in killing but as laxly regulated as firearms? Pretty sure the closest I can think of is a car, which require licenses and training and medical certification.

posted on Dec, 22 2012 @ 03:03 AM
link   
Sure, because he'd be able to murder twenty some odd people with a car key. Why is it they never get creative like that? Gee. I just don't know. Was that post meant to present the theory that he'd have been just as dangerous, gun or no gun? That if he'd been unarmed, his scrawny ass would have kung-fued those twenty some odd people to death?

posted on Dec, 22 2012 @ 03:11 AM
link   

Knife. I am not Dirty Harry, this is not an action movie, and a knife is useful as an all around tool for more than just killing.

Hey, abec, which would you prefer to carry on the toilet while you're taking a #? A knife, a gun, or a thirteenth century skull crushing mace?

Which would I rather carry? It's about time to turn it around on me.

On the toilet, I'd be behind a door which would give the attacker more ability to surprise me. At that point, it would turn into a fecal tornado, pardon the euphemism, were I attacked. Considering it takes a bit of force to pry one's way into the stall, a knife would probably suffice. Other possibility is the attacker comes in with a gun blazing. If I was lucky enough to escape serious harm, I'd rather have a gun available since the shooter has already wasted bullets.

I might not be against the 13'th skull, 'cause that would be something my son worships; small sacrifice.

Your point being?

posted on Dec, 22 2012 @ 03:15 AM
link   
My point was that it was a worthless question.

posted on Dec, 22 2012 @ 03:20 AM
link   
wrong ... there have been incidents in china the past few years where the individual used a knife ... in those incidents the fewest killed was 11 .. the most 20 ... knife can kill just as easily as gun .. maybe more so as theres no sound to warn others in the area ...

posted on Dec, 22 2012 @ 03:28 AM
link   

If he only had a knife, this whole thing would have been one or two casualties before he was over whelmed. This culture of gun worship and general "Make my day, punk" attitude ends up creating people and events like this. It is a self fulfilling prophecy. You people make yourselves look foolish. You do more harm than good, and you make the real, actual conspiracies look foolish in association.
Way to trivialize a tragedy. I hate yankees. I HATE yankees. Yet I'm not delusional and absolutely deranged enough to claim that the federal government would slaughter dozens of it's own yankees for reasons that only make sense to an incompetent bond villain. Grow some critical thinking skills. You people make me sick to my stomach.

EEEEEEEEEEEEEEERRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR...Why is this site so freakin IGNORANT?!?!?!?!

Guess again bone bag

posted on Dec, 22 2012 @ 03:29 AM
link   

I think some are suggesting it is as staged as the moon landings. I for one am one who want to weigh all the evidence before concluding how I feel about it. Notice, in the first response to you, "perceived targets"

posted on Dec, 22 2012 @ 03:29 AM
link   

My point was that it was a worthless question.

Maybe you should reevaluate yourself before the question

posted on Dec, 22 2012 @ 03:45 AM
link   
Anyone can pull a trigger and shoot hundreds of rounds within minutes. Hell they could close their eyes and kill hundreds.
There's not too many people who can continually stab multiple people, face to face, taking their lives almost personally. And many can defend themselves against knife attacks.

Are guns bad? yes. Should they be banned? In a perfect world, yes. In the world we live in currently, no way.

posted on Dec, 22 2012 @ 04:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by johngrissom
EEEEEEEEEEEEEEERRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR...Why is this site so freakin IGNORANT?!?!?!?!

Guess again bone bag

An adult man being able to kill a total of 8 is the same as a child being able to kill a total of 26 in your eyes?

Firearms clearly made this massacre, not just violence. Why do you act like this isn't the case?

posted on Dec, 22 2012 @ 04:34 AM
link   
You dont need guns to kill lots of people. The greatest weapon of mas destruction is imagination.
He could have killed just as many people by simply going to a gas station and buying gas can full of fuel and a cheap lighter. With enough planning like barring the doors from outside with a long hard stick or chains after retreating he could possibly killed every individual in the building.
Just food for thought...anything can become deadly weapon in the right hands. or should I say wrong hands...

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join