It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Have A Blessed Yule, ATS!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 21 2012 @ 02:27 PM
link   
Well, the world didn't end and now we can honor the day for what it's for; YULE! Winter Solstice is important in its own right. Today, we will have the shortest day of the year and, starting tomorrow, the Sol will be getting stronger and stronger until Summer time.

This is the time when the Holly King (Santa) begins his departure to make way for the Oak King. So tip your hat to the dark solar god and welcome in the one of light. Both are needed for continued harmony on Earth.

When Samhain came, I gave some ideas of what to ponder and what to do for activities. However, with Yule, there is already a Christian analog of Christmas and many of the traditions are similar so that would seem a bit redundant. All of the good will and brotherly love you are to exude for Christmas, you are to also express today.

So for some religiously-neutral additions on how to celebrate this Yule, here are some basic guidelines:

- Frankincense and Myrrh are both great to have for incense and they also can be used again for Christmas as it also has a connection to both of these herbs.

- Decorate the house with any outdoor wilderness. Pine cones, mistletoe, etc. Again, these will blend well with the upcoming Christmas.

- Make a wreath out of outdoor things if you have time to spare.

- However you do your "thing" (pray, meditate, magic, ect), concentrate on a peaceful planet in harmony.

- Donate food and/or clothing if you can.

- Feed some outdoor animals (observe local wildlife laws before doing this!)

- If it doesn't push you over the "this is making me uncomfortable" line, light some red and green candles and hold a vigil for the passing of year.

- I think this year it would be appropriate to continue that vigil for the children of Sandy Hook and all other children who are lost each year. Bless their passing, as well.

If you want to see how Santa relates to the Holly King origins:

- Santa is the Holly King

- His sleigh is the Solar Chariot

- The eight reindeer are the eight benchmarks of the year (sabbats)

- Their horns represent the horns of the spirit of nature

- The North Pole represents the Land of Shadows where the solar year was sleeping but now returning

- His presents are to welcome the Oak King.

Of course, the identity of Santa is not important (he likes Christians, pagans, and many others)

So, there's a summary of ways you can celebrate no matter what spiritual path you follow! So... HAVE A BLESSED YULE, ATS!

edit on 21-12-2012 by Cuervo because: Decorations!

posted on Dec, 21 2012 @ 06:54 PM
link   
I will take your advice to heart here, thanks and you too have a blessed Yule as well.

Regards, Iwinder

posted on Dec, 21 2012 @ 10:10 PM
link   
reply to post by Cuervo

Brightest blessings, Cuervo.
Merry meet!

posted on Dec, 21 2013 @ 05:16 PM
link   
And one more year! Another blessed Yule indeed! I hope everybody stays warm and full of love this year.

posted on Dec, 23 2013 @ 06:03 PM
link   

Cuervo
And one more year! Another blessed Yule indeed! I hope everybody stays warm and full of love this year.

I concur with the above 100% and many thanks to the OP for keeping this thread alive and well as it should be.
I cannot believe its been a year already.

Regards, Iwinder.......
I hope I am able to post on this thread next year as well.

posted on Dec, 24 2013 @ 08:43 AM
link   
reply to post by Cuervo

Another year, indeed. They seem to fly by now...
more and more I think of that old adage, "it's like the blink of an eye."

posted on Dec, 25 2013 @ 06:43 AM
link   
reply to post by Cuervo

Yule was not celebrated on the Winter Solstice - as often is claimed. It was usually celebrated January 12th by the germanic tribes. I think this misunderstanding is because Yule is confused with Saturnalia, an ancient Roman celebration, that was celebrated December 17th-23rd.

Also, the pentagram you have depicted in your original post has nothing to do with Yule in the traditional sense to my knowledge.

posted on Dec, 25 2013 @ 10:09 PM
link   

MerkabaMeditation
reply to post by Cuervo

Yule was not celebrated on the Winter Solstice - as often is claimed. It was usually celebrated January 12th by the germanic tribes. I think this misunderstanding is because Yule is confused with Saturnalia, an ancient Roman celebration, that was celebrated December 17th-23rd.

Also, the pentagram you have depicted in your original post has nothing to do with Yule in the traditional sense to my knowledge.

Yule (jól) was celebrated on various days within Yule Tide (which lasts a couple of months). A common denominator among these cultures choices for dates was the solstice. Some German cultures did celebrate it in January just like other celebrated it before. Yule did not originate from that Germanic tribe nor is it a static holiday; it has evolved and adapted like any other holiday in history.

As far as the pentagram, it is significant to many in context of Yule just like it was at one time significant to Christmas.

posted on Dec, 26 2013 @ 06:26 AM
link   

edit on 26-12-2013 by MerkabaMeditation because: (no reason given)

top topics

join