It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Scientists' research warns humanity may be facing 'vortex of death'

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 21 2012 @ 01:47 PM
link   
Anyone remember this article from last year?

Professor Raymond Wheeler, from the University of Kansas, at first almost stumbled into the frightening data. The connection was initially discovered by noted Russian scientist Alexander Chizhevsky during 1915: solar storms trigger conflict, wars and death. A vortex of death.

Link Here

I've had this theory in the back of my mind for the last 12 months. Thought maybe it could explain the recent mass killings... I'm sure somebody posted this story before, but I thought maybe it had new relevance today.

posted on Dec, 21 2012 @ 01:54 PM
link   
reply to post by washingtonsghost

Except solar activity is calm right now.

posted on Dec, 21 2012 @ 02:01 PM
link   
I guess it could happen, but I'm sure people are murdered, killed in solar minimum also.

posted on Dec, 21 2012 @ 02:06 PM
link   
so we went from entering a galactic plain of love and oneness, but since that went bunk, we are now entering a solar storm of hell-ness....

Riiiight.

I mean it could be implied that the moon has an effect on us, but no psychologist will say he notices the change, and no ER nurse or doctor will say they can tell the difference. Cops will say they get as many calls on full moon nights as any other.

I think that we have a placebo effect of thinking a full moon makes us crazy and then acting out on it so as to make it true.

We shouldn’t develop a social phobia of solar flares like medieval cultures developed one of full moons.

posted on Dec, 21 2012 @ 02:25 PM
link   
Not to mention the fact that we are in one of the smallest solar maximums for many decades. The sun is being really wimpy out of respect for the Mayan prophecies. If this hypothesis were true, then we should be seeing declining violence instead of increasing violence. The OP seems to really be a reductio ad absurdum

posted on Dec, 21 2012 @ 02:26 PM
link   
i just say close this whole site down, its all junk info

posted on Dec, 21 2012 @ 02:35 PM
link   
That has been researched to death and found to be true in most cases. It even effects the stock market. It doesn't take a rocket scientist to figure that adding energy to something makes it more energized. There are records by the monks that go back thousands of years that show there is more conflict around the time of increased solar activity. What happens most times though is that once the ball is rolling it keeps rolling and gains momentum. The wars are always a few years after the solar max. Not everything shows up immediately. It will take a couple of years before a big war starts in the world unless people just see what is happening and stop protecting their mistakes.

posted on Dec, 21 2012 @ 02:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by JayinAR
reply to post by washingtonsghost

Except solar activity is calm right now.

On the earth-facing side of the Sun anyways. Take a look at the back side...

posted on Dec, 21 2012 @ 03:09 PM
link   
Except..it appears this article was written in 2011, and 2012 has come and is almost gone.

Sun is supposed to peak in 2013...which conflicts with the 11 year theory. So what is it? 10 years, 11 years, 12 years, or 13 year cycles?

I think the uprisings in the middle east are more GEOPOLITICAL than they are psychotic.

posted on Dec, 21 2012 @ 03:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by zedVSzardoz
so we went from entering a galactic plain of love and oneness, but since that went bunk, we are now entering a solar storm of hell-ness....

Riiiight.

I mean it could be implied that the moon has an effect on us, but no psychologist will say he notices the change, and no ER nurse or doctor will say they can tell the difference. Cops will say they get as many calls on full moon nights as any other.

I think that we have a placebo effect of thinking a full moon makes us crazy and then acting out on it so as to make it true.

We shouldn’t develop a social phobia of solar flares like medieval cultures developed one of full moons.

Well, not sure why you came in with an attitude, but whatever...It is scientifically proven that the moon does effect the psychology and more importantly the physiology of our bodies. You say no nurse or doctor says there is a difference...how many do you know and have talked to regarding this? Because every single nurse and doctor that I know and have spoken with said quite the opposite. In fact, more babies are delivered during the full moon phase than during any other time of the month. They are also conceived more often during new moon times.

I also know plenty of cops that hate the full moon period of the month explicitly for this reason.

The moon has an overwhelming effect on hydrogen and gravity...and we are slaves to both. Research this...get back with me if you still have your doubts.
edit on 21-12-2012 by Gltichy because: clarification

posted on Dec, 21 2012 @ 03:30 PM
link   
reply to post by cbskywarn

Ok . And?
1) The Earth isn't in the line of fire of any solar flares on the back side of the sun.
2) The premise of this thread is that perhaps it is solar activity that is causing the recent violence. Presumably the recent shootings. Your site even shows that this isn't true by pointing out that activity has only increased these lasttwo days.

posted on Dec, 21 2012 @ 04:07 PM
link   
reply to post by Gltichy

I have actually been interested in this for some time.

THERE IS NO scientific data that shows a direct correlation of full moons and lunacy, even though the word stems from this belief. LUNA-tic....

It is a socially reinforced belief from the dark ages.

I am sure because like I said, I have been interested in this phenomena for some time now and have covered allot of material.

oh, I am not "coming in with an attitude". I am being kind enough to respond with my opinion, which might not be in line with yours.

edit on 21-12-2012 by zedVSzardoz because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 21 2012 @ 05:16 PM
link   
reply to post by ShaeTheShaman

100% agreed. ATS is literally worse than a mental asylum.

posted on Dec, 22 2012 @ 11:18 AM
link   
reply to post by SuperZepto

Then why are you still here? Why don't you just delete your account and leave the rest of us to discuss these theories constructively.

posted on Dec, 22 2012 @ 11:20 AM
link   
Vortex of Death.
Catchy. I like it.

Originally posted by Phage
Terrence Aym has learned well from Sorcha Faal.

Throw a little bit of fact around then bring on the crap.

Wheeler related human cycles to weather cycles, not sunspots, not 11 year cycles. His weather predictions weren't very accurate. But he would have fit right in at ATS. He postulated a 100 year cycle of four climates:
Cold-Dry
Warm-Wet
Warm-Dry
Cold-Wet

He said that the Cold-Dry (occuring at the time) would end around 2000 A.D., giving way to the warm-wet part of the cycle. What did he say were the characteristics of the transition from cold-dry to warm-wet?

Weather is coldest during the cold-dry phase. Near the end of the cold-dry phase, societies become stabilized by strong leadership, reformed governments, and a revival of nationalism. The wars in this phase are expansionary and imperialistic. The transition from the cold-dry to the following warm-wet period is characterized by a revival of learning, burgeoning genius, industrial revolution, and bountiful crops. Human behavior is improved by the high energy level

www.bibliotecapleyades.net...~

I won't argue about whether or not a "Golden Age" has been developing over the past 10 years or so or if it will continue for the next 15. But Dr. Wheeler certainly didn't say we're headed for a "vortex of death". Not for a while at least.
www.abovetopsecret.com...
edit on 12/22/2012 by Phage because: (no reason given)

top topics

join