It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

French Students call Jesus 'Dirty Jew'

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 8 2004 @ 08:39 PM
link   
Actually, I was in a jewelry shop at Pier 39 in San Francisco a few months ago with my girlfriend, looking for earrings... when the saleswoman discovered I was French Canadian, she said "Oh! I know some French, you know, 'Ou la la, Pepe le Pew, Menage a Trois"...

My girlfriend wanted to sink into the floor. I just laughed it off. Jokes can be fun.

Why is it that ANY thread on ATS... ANY thread, even news about France supplying some flu vaccines to America... turns into a French-bashing thread?

posted on Dec, 9 2004 @ 01:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by Otts
Actually, I was in a jewelry shop at Pier 39 in San Francisco a few months ago with my girlfriend, looking for earrings... when the saleswoman discovered I was French Canadian, she said "Oh! I know some French, you know, 'Ou la la, Pepe le Pew, Menage a Trois"...

My girlfriend wanted to sink into the floor. I just laughed it off. Jokes can be fun.

Why is it that ANY thread on ATS... ANY thread, even news about France supplying some flu vaccines to America... turns into a French-bashing thread?

because it's the 'in' 'pro-american' thing to do these days. sheesh, get with the times dude.

posted on Dec, 9 2004 @ 02:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by Otts

Why is it that ANY thread on ATS... ANY thread, even news about America doing something good turns into an American-bashing thread?

It goes both ways.

If you notice though it's usually the same half-dozen or so people that say the most derrogatory things about France. On the other hand its the same core of people that say the same spiteful things about America constantly. Brash people with loud opinions usually over-shadow thoughtful, cogent ones I guess.

posted on Dec, 9 2004 @ 02:56 AM
link   
Look at the Yahoo News message boards. I'm betting there aren't many French people there. Before you judge the the actions of idiots in another country, judge the actions of those in your own...

In other words....WAAAAAHHH!

[edit on 12/9/2004 by Flinx]

posted on Dec, 10 2004 @ 08:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by LostSailor
Ahhhhhhhhhh... I forget the Europeans are a bit lacking in the sense of humor department... My bad sminkeypinkey. Try not taking things so seriously for a change.

- Yeah right; that's pretty rich coming from the nation where they throw a sh@t-fit at Ozzy Osbourne having a quick pi*s round the back at the Alamo, wouldn't you say?

Hmmm, world war, holocaust and 4 yrs of murderous nazi occupation versus quick pi*s.......you work out the sense of humour failure there, huh?

Be a good European and forgive me will ya?

- It's your karma matey not mine. Forgive yourself, if you can.

posted on Dec, 10 2004 @ 09:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by sminkeypinkey

- Yeah right; that's pretty rich coming from the nation where they throw a sh@t-fit at Ozzy Osbourne having a quick pi*s round the back at the Alamo, wouldn't you say?

Must not have been that big a deal here because I've never heard anything about it. Maybe your biased European news made it out to seem that way.

See, you couldn't even take the joke about European humor. I rest my case........

posted on Dec, 10 2004 @ 10:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by LostSailor
you couldn't even take the joke about European humor. I rest my case.

- Sorry we still have a tendancy not to take sick joke gags about WW2 too well, even though I'm not French, my family lost 4 good men in that tragedy with another 2 men in the family damaged, for life.

Like I said, got any good ones about shredding live babies (maybe you have a child or a brother or a nephew or sister or a niece you could make some tasteless gags about, hmm?) or the slaughter of innocent young pregnant mothers....your mother? Cos it's just a joke, right?

.....and let's face it if it wasn't for 'European humour' (specifically British humour) what would you Americans have?

Without Monty Python's surrealism and the regular British cynacism what the hell would you guys have had. Endless reinventions of I love Lucy or the 3 stooges?

posted on Dec, 10 2004 @ 10:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by sminkeypinkey

Like I said, got any good ones about shredding live babies (maybe you have a child or a brother or a nephew or sister or a niece you could make some tasteless gags about, hmm?) or the slaughter of innocent young pregnant mothers....your mother? Cos it's just a joke, right?

Nah... Shredding babies and such isn't funny to me... The French are though.

I don't see the correlation between the two. Unless you are calling French folk baby shredders and pregnant mother killers.

You would think I never lost any family members in World War II....... yeah right.

Lighten up man, you only live once, then you go to a better place.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join