It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

French Students call Jesus 'Dirty Jew'

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:
Odd

posted on Oct, 25 2004 @ 09:39 AM
link   
Sounds like a good time to me. I can come by and pick you up in the van on the way, if you want.

posted on Oct, 25 2004 @ 05:58 PM
link   
One thing to add to this:
these what you refer to as "shock" campaigns are an everyday thing in Europe. It is considered a part of european culture and a form of ART, it is a non-violent way to protest. It is not a big deal.
Freedom of speech is a basic of our society, specialy when it comes to political statements. In our multi-cultural society and a multi-party political system we are very much used to it.

posted on Oct, 25 2004 @ 06:10 PM
link   
What those students are trying to do is get Christians to confront what antisemitism really is by asking "How does it feel when the shoe is on the other foot?"

The message is being conveyed in a way that's tailor-made for Europe and France, where memories of the Holocaust are still very present. And if some posters here could set aside their smug and sanctimonious righteousness for a moment, they'd understand what those people are trying to do and why they think it's important to do it.

posted on Oct, 25 2004 @ 06:12 PM
link   
Do yall think that just maybe they are just pointing out the fact that Jesus was a Jew also? It has always Amazed me that groups like the KKK will claim to be Christian but say they hate Jews, were the Founder of there Religion was a jew.

posted on Oct, 25 2004 @ 06:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by Amuk
Do yall think that just maybe they are just pointing out the fact that Jesus was a Jew also? It has always Amazed me that groups like the KKK will claim to be Christian but say they hate Jews, were the Founder of there Religion was a jew.

Only one way to answer that.

posted on Oct, 26 2004 @ 02:23 PM
link   
Exaclty! JESUS WAS A JEW! What I don't get is that people think him, Mary, Josepg, the disciples, all them were christians, when they were JEWS!!!!!

Anyways, go freedom of Speech, but boo France. Why do french boats have glass on the bottom? So they can see all the ships that were ahead of them.

posted on Oct, 26 2004 @ 06:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by Otts

The message is being conveyed in a way that's tailor-made for Europe and France, where memories of the Holocaust are still very present. And if some posters here could set aside their smug and sanctimonious righteousness for a moment, they'd understand what those people are trying to do and why they think it's important to do it.

to make everyone laugh

posted on Oct, 26 2004 @ 06:38 PM
link   
What's so bad about a fictive person from an old and boring book being called 'dirty'?

*crouching behind the chair*

posted on Nov, 5 2004 @ 03:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by Valhall
IMMORTAL...we'd never get to do something like this because in America, free-speech has been substituted with PC'ism....they'd make us change it and bring a lawsuit against us...
I don't know what PC'ism is. Can someone tell us what it means?

posted on Nov, 5 2004 @ 05:18 PM
link   
This is ridiculous.

I can't help thinking that this almighty omnipotent God (on whos' behalf some seem to feel so insulted and angry for - about a supposed fact of Jesus' existance) can take it and those so annoyed could calm down over this.

Failing that and if you insist on still being so offended, be a good 'Christian' and forgive them, eh?

posted on Nov, 5 2004 @ 05:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by mwm1331
What do you expect they are french for petes sake!

Yeha since they don't do everything America wants it to do they MUST be bad!

Not everyone in this world is a puppet of the right wing... thank goodness.

posted on Nov, 5 2004 @ 05:22 PM
link   
This would explain alot...

Could this tie into Chirac visiting Arafat in the hospital but brushing off Bush??

Who's side is he on? If the leader of a country is visiting bad men and was doingbusiness with them, wouldn't he have the power to set up the propaganda machines (news) to infiltrate the citizenry of the country?? Hence the "dirty jew" ...

posted on Nov, 8 2004 @ 07:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by mwm1331
What do you expect they are french for petes sake!

What exactly are you saying?
France has a longer Christian history then the US.

posted on Dec, 6 2004 @ 10:58 PM
link   
This thread is hilarious.

To the Christian far right: Ask yourselves how easily manipulated you are. Your objective perception could do with squirt of Windex.

posted on Dec, 6 2004 @ 11:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by IMMORTAL

Originally posted by Valhall
IMMORTAL...we'd never get to do something like this because in America, free-speech has been substituted with PC'ism....they'd make us change it and bring a lawsuit against us...
I don't know what PC'ism is. Can someone tell us what it means?

PC is short for Politically Correct, or Political Correctness, so Political CorrectIsm

posted on Dec, 7 2004 @ 01:07 AM
link   
Hmmm...dirty Jew...

Well, his parents (terrestrial) were Jewish. And hygeine can't have been that good in Judea 2000 years ago...

posted on Dec, 7 2004 @ 01:13 AM
link   
Jesus never existed to begin with. Get over it.

Deep

posted on Dec, 8 2004 @ 08:57 AM
link   
Ok.... I know Ill catch some flack for this one... but this made me laugh my a$$ off..

Website editor Scott Howard has always hated French people, but even he was surprised when he reached deep within himself Tuesday and unearthed several more reasons to hate the French beyond his normal list.

"It was some kind of zen moment because I had tabulated the list years ago," Howard said. "When I came up with even more excuses to continue or perhaps even increase my hatred for the French, I was flabbergasted and overjoyed."

Howard began hating the French during his 8th grade social studies class when he learned that France, in one of the most cowardly acts in history, surrendered to Adolf Hitler and the German government without even so much as a single gunshot. To make matters worse, the French government rounded up all their Jewish citizens and handed them over to Germany in exchange for a case of Heineken................. www.bobfromaccounting.com...

Please I hope you all can see the humor in this......

[edit on 8-12-2004 by LostSailor]

posted on Dec, 8 2004 @ 09:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by LostSailor
he learned that France, in one of the most cowardly acts in history, surrendered to Adolf Hitler and the German government without even so much as a single gunshot. To make matters worse, the French government rounded up all their Jewish citizens and handed them over to Germany in exchange for a case of Heineken................. www.bobfromaccounting.com...

Please I hope you all can see the humor in this......

- Sorry, no.

It's just not funny to me at all.

Got any other hilarious ones for us?

Maybe a ribald set of gags about dismembering babies or rape-murdering pregnant young women?

posted on Dec, 8 2004 @ 08:08 PM
link   
Ahhhhhhhhhh... I forget the Europeans are a bit lacking in the sense of humor department... My bad sminkeypinkey. Try not taking things so seriously for a change.

Originally posted by sminkeypinkey

Failing that and if you insist on still being so offended, be a good 'Christian' and forgive them, eh?

Be a good European and forgive me will ya?

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join