It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I remember the day the banks took over

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 21 2012 @ 06:44 AM
link   
In July 1984 I was called into my managers office with everyone else and told, from next week you wages will be paid directly into the bank.

Up until then you received a wage packet with your wages in cash, a man in Britain is entitled to have his money in his hand always was the case and as far as Im aware that right still remains that you are entitled to be paid in cash.

The banks had other ideas' they decided that they would change the rules,

They informed companies that their overdraft facility would be withdrawn if employees wages were not paid into their employees bank accounts.

Maggie T was in power and she did nothing to prevent this, and now we have companies charging you if you pay your bill in cash, how did we get to a situation where we allow ourselves to be charged for paying a bill so you pay by DD.

This should have been fought.

posted on Dec, 21 2012 @ 06:49 AM
link   
I doubt there's anybody on here old enough to remember when the banks "took over". Was certainly way before 84.

posted on Dec, 21 2012 @ 06:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by Ginga
I doubt there's anybody on here old enough to remember when the banks "took over". Was certainly way before 84.

But most people here are old enough to remember when we were forced from cash/check into electronic transfers. A brilliant con that just benefits the middlemen and nickel and dimes the rest of us. It is amazing that such a system crept in with little resistance from the masses.

posted on Dec, 21 2012 @ 06:57 AM
link   
The banks started to take over when the gold standard was taken away from the dollar, at the latest, I would say.

posted on Dec, 21 2012 @ 06:58 AM
link   
Not many people would agree but money is the mark of beast. Imagine if a person walked into a store with currency they printed up and called it cash, no one would accept it and throw the guy in jail. Yet people accept and dam near die trying earn paper that other men print up and call it value. Banks, goverment, corporations, and Religion are in it together to keep it running. The people just can't see that this way is not the right way for us as humans. I don't know what is the right way but I know money ain't it. No one in there right mind would give their "life savings" to a gambler to invest, but that's EXACTLY what we do giving our "money" to banks. Then sometimes they want to charge you to get your money back.
edit on 21-12-2012 by Prisoner60863 because: needed to add sonething

posted on Dec, 21 2012 @ 06:59 AM
link   

Conception of the federal reserve in the united states.
Or the late 1700's if your looking at the british/english/french side of things. (The 5 rothschilds were the first 'corporation', technically speaking. The first bankers in charge of the money (royalty didnt want to do it, pretty much).

posted on Dec, 21 2012 @ 07:01 AM
link   
reply to post by pavmas

I am sorry but how is that relevant to anything? Not having the cash in the house is actually something I see as a good thing.

The whole monetary system including banks is another story, but would keeping everything in cash really be a valid and good alternative? I personally don´t think so.

But anyway. Why did you post this in the 2012 part of the forum?

posted on Dec, 21 2012 @ 07:31 PM
link   

It could have been earlier for some but for me it was 1984, it was a smart move though.

posted on Dec, 21 2012 @ 07:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by Nightaudit
reply to post by pavmas

I am sorry but how is that relevant to anything? Not having the cash in the house is actually something I see as a good thing.

The whole monetary system including banks is another story, but would keeping everything in cash really be a valid and good alternative? I personally don´t think so.

But anyway. Why did you post this in the 2012 part of the forum?

I never noticed what forum I was in.

The point Im making is I was employed by a company for years and I was paid cash in a wage packet, I never had a bank account and did not want one.

This company now had my money, I had to open an account then on payday go to the bank to get my cash out, somtimes it was not there because of some problem.

Then the phone calls started at 8 oclock at night from the bank wanting to sell me this and that.

This is a company that pushed its way into my contract with my employer and took control of my money; I had to take a bus ride to get MY cash and you think that was ok.

There was no cash machine everywhere like now, and in those days money went missing from your account and they would say one of you family must have used your card, not only did they lose my cash but they said my family stole it.

And you think that was somehow a good thing me not been able to get my cash that I worked for.

I dont want to be cheeky but what age are you that consider this to be ok.

Im beginning to see how they get a way with so much now' they convince you they are doing it for me and to stop me losing my money.

If my money is not safe in my house that's a police problem not a bank problem and has nothing to do with them.

top topics

join