It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Are 'Preppers' Nuts or Potential Terrorists as Hinted at By the MSM and Gov't.

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 21 2012 @ 10:30 AM
link   
reply to post by detachedindividual

Exceedingly well stated! Your viewpoint and factual assessment of this situation is dead on correct. I am just a new member here, but joined because of the availability of factual 'news' and the ability to openly discuss and gather information on that 'news', but have found too many weeds in this garden to find the flowers of truth and accuracy easily.

Opinion is great. It shares viewpoints and beliefs, but if one is to post threads regarding paramount issues affecting society etc..., those posts should be based on source-able, factual information.

posted on Dec, 21 2012 @ 10:51 AM
link   
One reason that "Preppers" are being demonized is not that they pose a threat to other people per se but rather when the SHTF they will be attacked for being "Hoarders" and mark my words; there will be anti-hoarding laws on the books. It will be argued if individuals or small groups hoard necessary goods (food, water, etc) then they are exacerbating supply shortages in those commodities and/or food stuffs, etc. and that for the "greater good" (ie. the collective) their supplies and stores should be raided by the authorities to distribute among the people.
edit on 21-12-2012 by CosmicCitizen because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 21 2012 @ 03:43 PM
link   
reply to post by GoldenBrain71

I don't think 'preppers' are nuts. I think crazy people are nuts!

Well, i think it's clear several of the folks on the TV shows about Preppers are a bit mental. Not all mind you, but there are a few. The folks who go off in the desert to live alone i think should be left alone. You can believe whatever you want. IF you live in a urban area and you are running around in full battle gear and guns "prepping" then your probably a bit kookie. I understand what you mean though, I think we need some kind of tests to find mentally ill people. They should NOT be allowed to buy weapons and weapons should not be allowed in a home they live in. Period.

posted on Dec, 21 2012 @ 09:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by DaTroof

Originally posted by GoldenBrain71

Why would one need guns alongside first aid kits and canned food?

To keep your kits and canned food in your possession of course.

Who's gonna take it?

You're telling me you'd rather treat another human being as a target rather than aid them with your supplies? Now I see the purpose of prepping. Murder fantasy.

When a major event (say like, Katrina) happens in your area, and mobs of people want what you have, (bust down your door, take your food, water, first aide supplies, extra clothing, radio, blankets, and then they don't stop there. They take your daughters virginity by force, rape your wife, leave you for dead) I'm sure you'll be glad you shared with them, and even more glad you didn't have something to protect yourself with. When this group of people show up at your door step asking for help, and you don't have enough for them, and yours, guess what genius, they ain't gonna just walk away, and say "sorry to bother you" I am so sorry your eyes are sealed shut to all this, you're making yourself sound very ignorant.

posted on Dec, 21 2012 @ 09:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by MikhailBakunin

Why would one need guns alongside first aid kits and canned food?

uummmmm

return fire?

From your hillbilly neighbor? Yeah, great community you got there.

Please! This could be any community when shtf. Now you're just name calling. Why don't you go sit in a time out for a while, and cool off, so you can come out later and play nicely with others .......... (SLAPS YOUR WRIST)

posted on Dec, 21 2012 @ 09:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by ObservingYou
reply to post by DaTroof

No ones talking abjout murder apart from yourself. These people are talking about their right to bear arms - A right given to them by the American leaders and the Constituion before the criminal cartel began ripping it apart.

It's you who are suggesting murder and negativity...why?

Ohhhhhhhhh, you just want to hold the gun, not fire it? OK. You can hold an unloaded gun.

NICE DODGE ON THE QUESTION. YOU WERE ASKED WHY YOU ARE SUGGESTING MURDER, AND NEGATIVITY?
YOU PROBABLY DONT HAVE AN INTELLIGENT ANSWER ANYWAYS

posted on Dec, 21 2012 @ 09:39 PM
link   

edit on 21/12/12 by gunshooter because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 21 2012 @ 09:43 PM
link   

reply to post by DazDaKing

So in a SHTF scenario, you're armed. That means you're protecting something, which makes you a target.

BY JOVE I THINK THIS SAP FINALLY GOT ONE RIGHT

posted on Dec, 21 2012 @ 09:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by ObservingYou
The tale of Waco should be a fine case study.

Yea it is a fine case study for many things. But as far as the large number of folks that are prepping WACO has little relation.

And yea to me it looks like the press, as per orders, is running with the mom was a prepper thing.
edit on 21-12-2012 by Logarock because: n

posted on Dec, 21 2012 @ 09:48 PM
link   
Gosh to many of us that is a stupid question. Because being prepared for snowstorms and hurricanes makes people nuts? I don't think so. I hate to say it but the MSM makes all preppers look nuts, when they are normal people trying to protect their families. look at the folks in Sandy did the government help them? NO! so who will help them if they have nothing ahead? Or have a backup plan? No one will, this is why a backup plan and having what you need put away is a good thing. Not having yourself prepared for a disaster is nuts.

posted on Dec, 21 2012 @ 10:10 PM
link   
Being a prepper doesn’t mean you’re crazy it just means you are prepared for most eventuality. Depending on where you live it would be the smart thing to do.

If the government had to find the crazy people a good place to start looking would be on internet sites like this one.

I have read so many posts from people on here that have convinced me there are too many crazy people running around with internet access. Everything seems to be a false flag or government conspiracy they find crap like a street name in a movie and think it is plot by the illuminati. Those are the crazy people.

posted on Dec, 21 2012 @ 10:16 PM
link   
We are told preppers are "nuts" because TPTB cannot use food as a weapon to control these people.

Try the "come and get your food and RFID" tactic on these people and they will still have a choice not to...

posted on Dec, 21 2012 @ 11:55 PM
link   
reply to post by DaTroof

It's better than being an instigator and dangerous troll as you are. If you are so against guns and survival, why not stay out of those threads, always picking fights.

posted on Dec, 22 2012 @ 12:58 AM
link   
reply to post by MysterX

I think it's funny that it was completely normal to have an underground bunker in the 50's and 60's in case of a nuclear strike, and despite it being completely acceptable then and despite the real world dangers that still exist; it's somehow crazy now.

posted on Dec, 23 2012 @ 10:13 AM
link   
It used to be that the USA was the "Land of Opportunity." What the previous generations meant by that was simply this: you could live out your own personal concept of the Good Life as long as it didn't intrude on anyone else's goal of providing the good life for their own families.

That was the ideal of classical liberalism: the government would provide a safe, transparent and democratic marketplace, and it was up to you to decide what he good life means.

So why do I need "permission" from my Lords in Congress and the White House, to have a garden, keep a few chickens, and feel secure with the extent of my pantry?

I enjoy prepping. Whether or not the S ever H the F, I enjoy learning traditional skills, spending time with my family in the company of living things, and camping in the woods and harvesting our own fish & game. That IS my conception of the good life.

posted on Dec, 23 2012 @ 01:13 PM
link   

What if you kill the only doctor within 100 miles because he was desperate for food?

my means to live is my food and water supply.
i would shoot ghandi himself if he broke into my home to steal it.

i dont see what being a doctor matters. criminals are criminals.

posted on Dec, 23 2012 @ 09:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by prysmatyk
reply to post by detachedindividual

Exceedingly well stated! Your viewpoint and factual assessment of this situation is dead on correct. I am just a new member here, but joined because of the availability of factual 'news' and the ability to openly discuss and gather information on that 'news', but have found too many weeds in this garden to find the flowers of truth and accuracy easily.

Opinion is great. It shares viewpoints and beliefs, but if one is to post threads regarding paramount issues affecting society etc..., those posts should be based on source-able, factual information.

First, welcome to ATS! It's a strange place, full of different people, there are a lot of extreme viewpoints expressed here, you've probably noticed

I too signed up here years ago because there was a lot of great discussion with some basis in evidence and fact. Unfortunately, there are now hundreds of active members who resolutely embrace ignorance and preach scenarios based in nothing but their own paranoia.

Stick around though, because the threads on Earthquake analysis, Volcanic eruptions, social issues and economic collapse etc are well worth it.

It's good to have someone else with some common sense and logic arriving here!

posted on Jan, 3 2013 @ 03:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by AuntC
Gosh to many of us that is a stupid question. Because being prepared for snowstorms and hurricanes makes people nuts? I don't think so. I hate to say it but the MSM makes all preppers look nuts, when they are normal people trying to protect their families. look at the folks in Sandy did the government help them? NO! so who will help them if they have nothing ahead? Or have a backup plan? No one will, this is why a backup plan and having what you need put away is a good thing. Not having yourself prepared for a disaster is nuts.

I watched a movie the other night called "Take Shelter" - Think you might like it, it represents peoples reaction to preppers very well.

posted on Jan, 8 2013 @ 04:13 PM
link   
reply to post by MysterX

Just like any other group, "preppers" also contain nuts and terrorists. I think the vast majority though, are simply forward thinkers with a sense that something bad is on the horizon. Even if it isn't though, there are plenty of other situations where prep can come in handy (short term disasters, etc.). Heck, even a prolonged period of unemployment can be much better survived by a prepper.

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join