It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

poem by Darrell Scott .. Columbine disaster victims father ... 'God is what we need'

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 21 2012 @ 04:46 AM
link   
Hi ..

I couldnt find the poem on ATS ... and would love more people to see it .. its sincerity .. and meaning .. bearing in mind the circumstances and timing that inspired it ... i especially love the concluding last line ...

In the days that followed the Columbine tragedy, I was amazed at how quickly fingers began to be pointed at groups such as the NRA.

I am not a member of the NRA. I am not a hunter. I do not even own a gun. I am not here to represent or defend the NRA because I don't believe that they are responsible for my daughter's death. Therefore, I do not believe they need to be defended. If I believed they had anything to do with Rachel's murder, I would be their strongest opponent.

I am here today to declare that Columbine was not just a tragedy. It was a spiritual event that should be forcing us to look at where the real blame lies! Much of that blame lies here in this room. Much of that blame lies behind the pointing fingers of the accusers themselves..

I wrote a poem just four nights ago that express my feelings best. This was written way before I knew l would be speaking here today.

Your laws ignore our deepest needs
Your words are empty air.
You've stripped away our heritage.
You've outlawed simple prayer.
Now gunshots fill our classrooms.
And precious children die.
You seek for answers everywhere.
And ask the question "WHY"?
You regulate restrictive laws.
Through legislative creed.
And yet you fail to understand.
That God is what we need!

Source

I dont have much more to add .. other than, i agree with this soooo much ... the strength of his words compelled me to share it with you
edit on 21-12-2012 by Segenam because: title

posted on Dec, 21 2012 @ 04:49 AM
link   
22 minutes to go to the end of the world and you give us a poem that reads like an obituary. ROFL

P

posted on Dec, 21 2012 @ 04:49 AM
link   
Awesome! I liked that poem...

join