It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Let the bodies hit the floor... Let the bodies hit the FLOOOOOR!!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 20 2012 @ 11:59 PM
link   
Seriously, who else is fed up with this 2012 BS and just about every other doomsday date and scenario that is pitched out and fed to the masses? My main rant right now is the many suicides that may occur today because people were hyped up so badly and placed into fear that they figure spending their own life is better than the outcome of the date.

I'm not just speaking about this whole 2012 thing, I'm talking all doomsday dates presented and all fears embedded by fear mongers. I know some would say that anyone stupid enough to believe in these scenarios deserves to die, but it's still a human life lost before its time and many families devastated. When do we draw the line? When do we stop lining people up on a figurative firing squad one by one to be led to the slaughter?

Why cause suicides, why hype people up and make them all crazy, and why scare numerous children who I'm sure are bawling their eyes out or scared because they (and apparently many adults as well as of late) do not have a firm grasp on reality? If anything should come to an end, it should be situations like this.

posted on Dec, 21 2012 @ 12:05 AM
link   
reply to post by Myomistress

Why? I guess money, or attention. Maybe those explanations are too simple, who really knows why? It's between them and God at that point.

posted on Dec, 21 2012 @ 12:10 AM
link   
Much of this is about money and agendas. Fear is considered an excellent tool for some evil people. Scare people into buying certain products is making people millions, and scaring people into certain beliefs enables tptb to set up society to become profitable fro them. I think its 90% because of greed and 10% or less of genuine concern.

posted on Dec, 21 2012 @ 12:54 AM
link   
Drowning Pool

I am bloody sick of it all too. I didn't hold stock in it, but the hype was so insane I went to bed last night and felt like # thinking it might have been the last time I kissed my son goodnight.
So far I've lived through about 8 doomsdays, three raptures, god only knows how many near misses with close fly bys of asteroids etc.
I'm going to avoid places like this in the future when it comes to this stuff

posted on Dec, 21 2012 @ 12:58 AM
link   

I agree, many young people have had this on their mind for quite some time. I just had a high school student of mine ask me the other day if I thought the world was going to end on the 21st. I had to assure her that it would be another day like every other day.

If they keep creating these end of the world dates and documentaries about the end of the world, it's going be like the boy who called wolf. When there is something to be concerned about, nobody will take it seriously.

Whoever starts these doomsday fear dates, doesn't realize how impressionable young people and some adults can be. People who add fuel to the fire should feel guilty if someone does commit suicide over this ridiculous nonsense.

posted on Dec, 21 2012 @ 01:09 AM
link   
Bah... now, thanks to song mentions and my OCPD, I am digging through storage tubs of old DVD's trying to figure out if it was "The One" or "The Punisher" that has this video on the DVD.

posted on Dec, 21 2012 @ 01:15 AM
link   
reply to post by Lulzaroonie

Yes, even for those that don't invest much faith into it, it still IS quite paranoia building. I'm mostly worried about the people that take it seriously blowing each other up. That and it's also psychologically interesting. Even for I and others that don't believe, there is still just the tiny bit of group-think pulling on a certain level even though you know that it's bullocks. It's strange and interesting. I think that more studies should be done about situations like this whenever it comes to social psychology. It could prove pretty interesting.

posted on Dec, 21 2012 @ 08:13 AM
link   

Nobody posted a video yet! It's my "PMS" song!

new topics

top topics

join