It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

To all who doubt the truthfulness of reported tragedies...

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 20 2012 @ 01:13 PM
link   
I assume by now that you can see how powerful peer pressure truly is. I would go so far as to say that it is the greatest quashing tool that the government could dream of. People who don't automatically believe every single word that comes out of the TV or internet are called sick and heartless by those who do. That is because it is seen as disrespectful to question reports about death.

Our fellow citizens are the government's thought police. They're here, there are tens of millions of them, and they aren't even aware of it.

I encourage you to never stop using your voice to question anything. Even if you end up being wrong, it is good to know that the official stories will never succeed in putting everybody in lockstep.
I know that you are no more heartless than anyone who watches a single news report about a school shooting and bursts into tears. Don't let anyone convince you otherwise and intimidate you. Keep challenging, keep thinking, don't stop the theories no matter how seemingly outrageous. The world needs people like you who aren't afraid to do that.

edit on 20-12-2012 by EllaMarina because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 20 2012 @ 01:24 PM
link   
well said

posted on Dec, 20 2012 @ 01:26 PM
link   
Indeed. Groupthink is a very powerful motivator. The MSM, and our leaders use it daily to keep us in check, and policing each other. It makes their job a little easier, and helps to keep us of the same mind on what they consider to be imperative ideology for social structure, while at the same time keeping us polarized and divided on other ideologies they can use to keep a dialectical system intact.

Groupthink is a psychological phenomenon that occurs within a group of people, in which the desire for harmony or conformity in the group results in an incorrect or deviant decision-making outcome. Group members try to minimize conflict and reach a consensus decision without critical evaluation of alternative ideas or viewpoints. Loyalty to the group requires individuals to avoid raising controversial issues or alternative solutions. The dysfunctional group dynamics produces an "illusion of invulnerabilty" (inflated certainty that the right decision has been made). The primary socially negative cost of groupthink is the loss of individual creativity, uniqueness, and independent thinking.

Source

S&F
edit on 12/20/2012 by Klassified because: Clarity, add link

posted on Dec, 20 2012 @ 01:56 PM
link   
reply to post by EllaMarina

I gave you a star and a flag for one reason. I agree with doubt in an official story. But I nearly didn't because there are lines to be drawn. When you start adding the sheer amount of people having to be involved in a cover-up conspiracy such as the parents being actors or that there are "No" dead and it is a hoax (wag the dog), logic gets thrown out.

To me this becomes as nonsensical as Planet Nibiru is being seen by some people and not others, you are then telling to suppress my senses and my logic to what I can clearly see for myself.

I gave you a star and a flag because I don't like the group think, and I believe there is something about these shootings that is not being reported and within that is the conspiracy. So to question the MSM stories is a valid argument.

However to say there are not 27 dead and deny the horrible reality of how sick our society has become to kill children and chalk it up to a Grand illusion is loosing touch with reality and humanity. To call grieving parents "Actors" because of how they are dealing with the absolute horror that is their reality is boyond cruel and insensitive.

To take this a step further to those commenting, believing, or promoting this tripe I hope you never have to stand this kind of media circus and hardship and if you ever do will you deserve the same scrutiny or compassion and understanding?
edit on 20-12-2012 by abeverage because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 20 2012 @ 02:14 PM
link   
reply to post by abeverage

I fully believe in having delicacy just in case everything did happen as reported. In the case of the recent shooting, assuming I personally thought the parents aren't actually related to the children, I wouldn't imply that to their faces or those of the people who know them. Conspiring amongst ourselves is still okay, in my opinion.

As for the notion that shootings are all-out acting jobs, I agree that the theory is pretty incredulous, even if it does have the potential to be a mental exercise as to how such a thing could happen. No avenue of possibility should be left unexplored.

So much is being left unsaid, leaving plot holes. I wish we could have the whole story, because I feel like only a fraction is being reported.

posted on Dec, 20 2012 @ 02:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by EllaMarina
reply to post by abeverage

I fully believe in having delicacy just in case everything did happen as reported. In the case of the recent shooting, assuming I personally thought the parents aren't actually related to the children, I wouldn't imply that to their faces or those of the people who know them. Conspiring amongst ourselves is still okay, in my opinion.

As for the notion that shootings are all-out acting jobs, I agree that the theory is pretty incredulous, even if it does have the potential to be a mental exercise as to how such a thing could happen. No avenue of possibility should be left unexplored.

So much is being left unsaid, leaving plot holes. I wish we could have the whole story, because I feel like only a fraction is being reported.

So much is being left unsaid because you are being "Fed" a story. One that unless you live in the area has little impact on your personal life. The only impact it has on you, is as in individual in a culture. A Culture which is being shaped day in and day out by the Media. That in turns affects the society at large and in turn comes back to affect you, if you let it.

It is a tragedy one of huge proportions, but does it affect you directly?

A problem I see even within myself is this perceived need to know the "Whole" story! When ultimately it could be as simple as someone doing the unthinkable or as vast as a Global elite puppet masters using mind control to manipulate the masses through a false flag event. And ultimately really do I want it to affect me, and allow that fear to control me either from a random act or a global conspracy?

I remember people watching and waiting on the trial of O.J. Simpson and how enthralled and entertained people where when ultimately it had zero impact on their lives. Eyes and minds GLUED to the T.V. and radio. This has only gotten worse...

If anything I take from this is that there are things uncontrollable in this world and perhaps the conspiracy is how this will motivate...or not motivate people and then who will take advantage of that chaos...
edit on 20-12-2012 by abeverage because: (no reason given)

top topics

join