It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

File Sharing....

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 20 2012 @ 09:33 AM
link   
"You don't mind when it's some musicians song or a designers game; yet, when it's your sh|tty Instagram photos everything changes, eh?" - @kentoallen

posted on Dec, 20 2012 @ 09:50 AM
link   
So, what's this about?

posted on Dec, 20 2012 @ 09:55 AM
link   
reply to post by CALGARIAN

Originally posted by CALGARIAN

"You don't mind when it's some musicians song or a designers game; yet, when it's your sh|tty Instagram photos everything changes, eh?" - @kentoallen

What makes that statement so hilarious, is the fact that it is completely true.

posted on Dec, 20 2012 @ 09:56 AM
link   
reply to post by CALGARIAN

Hit the nail on the head there, The thing is people can spend all day downloading films because they think they can justify doing so, but the moment that somebody even mentions profiteering from a crappy attention seeking piece of media they have posted online; They tend to get angry

posted on Dec, 20 2012 @ 10:08 AM
link   
I see your point; however, just to play devil's advocate, let me say this: Movies and songs have already made a profit, and are put out there for profit. That is their entire purpose. They're paid for their work, they're just kvetching because they're thinking they're not getting as much as they should. When I was a teenager, we used to record songs off the radio onto cassette tape. I don't remember feeling like a criminal.

Photos on instagram are personal property which was to be taken so somebody else could start to make money off of them, which was never the original intent.

Doesn't matter to me, since I don't pirate movies, DVDs, or anything else, and I don't use instagram. Just making an observation.

posted on Dec, 20 2012 @ 10:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by CALGARIAN

Actually the reason i use file sharing services is to watch TV series that i cannot watch legally here since no TV station imports the series i am interested in. If there was alternatives like streaming services i would use those.
The industry can only blame themselves.

Music industry is no better either.. Mainstream artists often steal from indie artists without even giving them credits and sell them for profits.

Also studies have now PROVEN that the so called evil pirates actually BUY MORE music, tv and movies than non pirates.
edit on 20-12-2012 by juleol because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

join