It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

my own dream of my town 100+ years from now, destroyed!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 20 2012 @ 09:27 AM
link   
hi all.

Well, I have now, on the 20th of december, my own experience of seeing, in a dream, my hometown
several hundred years from now, ruined!

I had been reading and following another thread here, recently,

www.abovetopsecret.com...

about how a man in meditation can experience going to his town and seeing that no one lives there amidst the empty houses; I guess I was "stimulated" to have such an experience of my own!

A dream, a very lucid dream.

but first the background.

my Interlaken hometown of 600 people. I grew up there, spent 19 years in that farmhouse about a mile from town and left in 1960, but often lived or visited there until my mother died in 1975. I lived in this town for a number of years, in the 90s.

A farm town in the finger lakes in upstate ny. nice summers, cold snowy winters.
Only about 600 people here and about every ten years they build a new house.
Tis surrounded by farms and woods. The town is full of trees, mostly maples, oaks, and firs, but the fields are large and surround the town, along with many woodlots.

so here is my dream.
I lucidly "appeared" on what used to be the main highway coming down the gentle hill from the west. I was about a half mile west of the first house.
[think: "out of body, a point of consciousness]
in the real Interlaken, there is a huge field to my left and several homes to my right including one farm. that huge field extends right up next to the last house, on the left.

so what did i see, folks?
the road, there was none! i could see a kind of gravel-like ruined asphalt tarmac. no broken chunks of road, just a road that went to decay. to my right there were no homes, but i did see a number of small gardens. One had cabbages in it, all in rows, nice green cabbages, to contrast with the brownish grass. Each garden looked like 40 foot by 40 foot, as if each garden was "hand-cultivated"! the soil up here is such that most people have to plow, then harrow, then harrow some more, to break up the clumps of soil. these gardens looked like this process was all done by hand tools! or maybe horses. no tractors.
I suspect that the houses were behind me, to my rear, as i did not see them.

up ahead is the town. I saw that the leaves were all turning fall foliage color, this is why the green cabbages against the brown weeds. probably the first frost has come, and frost can come even in early september here!

oooh but the Town! first thing i see is that huge water tower. there is one, 80 foot tall, a huge tank with support columns. Only here that tank is gone, tipped over and fall to ground and hidden in the trees. all that i see is about three rusty columns of reddish steel!
Then i note that small maple trees have sprouted in that huge field to my left. two foot tall seedlings, followed by ten foot tall trees behind them nearer the town.
I could not see a single house.
trees and plants cover all.

I floated closer.

I could not even see down the street into the town! the overgown trees and bushes have taken over! the trees and plants look OK, no ruining of them. but i see that no one seems to go into town by this ruined road, anymore. no trails. I have the impression that most of the houses have fallen in.

it is to be noted, people, that the huge field to my left was not farmed. in fact there were trees sprouting in it. nearer the town the trees were ten feet high, further out, three feet high. the further west area was only tall grass. maple trees spread by wind blowing seeds and the wind comes strongly from the west. this means it takes a while for maple trees to spread west.

the hand tended gardens were back from the town, to my right, back about 600 feet or more. thus they appear to be not next to the town, at all, thus perhaps no one comes out from the town to garden. there was only overgrown grass for that 600 feet, between town-edge and the first garden.

end of dream.

scary!

I wonder, folks, just how long it takes for a town to look like this. in my Northland, a maple tree can grow 40 feet in about 15 years. of course weather and climate determines....
but the water tank tower! how long would it take for this tower to rust and fall and the four steel columns to rust? there was only about 20 feet of these still showing!
100 years? 200 years?

at least there seems to be survivors! hand tended gardens. but no one goes into this town anymore. probably the houses have mostly fallen down. an abandoned farmhouse, from my childhood 1958, is now rotted and collapsed ala 2012.

a Mother of all CMEs?

or maybe a sickness like a cold virus shook hands with rabies virus so that now the DNA shuffling makes Rabies as catchable as the common cold and caught the very same way!
a 98% death rate!

there is no way, here, for me to tell when the Event happened! no reference point in time.

but my experience is eerily similar to that experience that the other poster had, on the other thread.

freestone

edit on 20-12-2012 by freestonew because: new recalled material

posted on Dec, 20 2012 @ 09:57 AM
link   
reply to post by freestonew

Hi, this is your subconscious. You have watched too much apocalyptic-styled movies and shows, so I am now just regurgitating it into your dreams because I am overwhelmed with this information and the safe I keep this information in is overflowing, so often when you dream this is what will come out.

This is very basic psychology. The subconscious reflects what you see daily and has nothing to do with being prophetic. If you watched the Cosby show 24 hours a day for a week Ill guarantee you have a weird dream with Bill Cosby in it.

Don't believe me? Try it for yourself. The mind is like clay, easily molded to do what you need it to do, sometimes with unexpected side-effects (dreams).

It's either that or your attempting to invoke a culture of dreamers to come out and speak their imagination. Either way, I am not sold.

Cya on the 22nd.
edit on 20-12-2012 by TheCanuckian because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 20 2012 @ 10:01 AM
link   
I wouldn't worry you'll be long dead by that point.

posted on Dec, 20 2012 @ 01:05 PM
link   
I noticed the thread killer comment of dream interpretations, thus I transferred to my computer from my ipad to reply. Hell man, that takes all the fun out of a discussion, coming on as some sort of expert, not saying what was said is wrong, but from my experience, there are more than likely other possibilities, best to keep an open mind.

I am going to insert what I dreamed some few years ago with no dates. It was one of those dreams where it seemed more a looking into the future and has little to do with this year ending, just another possibility.

I will be brief. It was preceded by them telling me there would be great separation of loved ones, new unions and ultimately great reunions after many years, then me walking pretty much an abandoned earth. Whole cities and towns were in a falling down state, minus people. I and whom was with me, some others walked into this village and a table was set up in the street with men around it talking. On the table was an old cell phone, and I asked if it still worked. I was told they got a few working but it did not matter. I also knew about 17 years had passed since an event.

Then I went into this shop where women were dressed in hand made clothing and were making pretty dresses and flowery hats, all happy by the way as were the men. I asked the woman there if any one was making cloth yet. She answered no, there is still a lot left when they look for it. Of note here is, the world was minus most people and those remaining were more like that of the 1800's. I wrote this onto my computer and did not share with anyone, not even my wife as she is far to practical to pay attention.

Then about three months later, she comes to me from the bedroom, I had another of those dreams. Listening to her sent chills down my spine, for she described the same scenario as I wrote down including the shop where the women were making hats and dresses. In her dream, she had the symbolic key, that when inserted into a lock would tell in lighted letters whom used to live in that home at one time, but they were no longer on earth or something. She also told me in her dream, there was no scarcity as everyone seemed to have just left everything and canned goods and all they owned were still there.

She also saw many coming out of a cave, or us out of a cave at the beginning of her dream. Just for interest, when she has these dreams, unfortunately they come about, like us being destroyed in a hurricane, her cousin dying under a horse and similar. This is a little of what I have recorded and it certainly is fun to speculate. I don't see how in an event, we could be in a cave as all caves here in Fl. are under water, lol.

posted on Dec, 20 2012 @ 01:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by sailormon
I noticed the thread killer comment of dream interpretations, thus I transferred to my computer from my ipad to reply. Hell man, that takes all the fun out of a discussion, coming on as some sort of expert, not saying what was said is wrong, but from my experience, there are more than likely other possibilities, best to keep an open mind.

I am going to insert what I dreamed some few years ago with no dates. It was one of those dreams where it seemed more a looking into the future and has little to do with this year ending, just another possibility.

I will be brief. It was preceded by them telling me there would be great separation of loved ones, new unions and ultimately great reunions after many years, then me walking pretty much an abandoned earth. Whole cities and towns were in a falling down state, minus people. I and whom was with me, some others walked into this village and a table was set up in the street with men around it talking. On the table was an old cell phone, and I asked if it still worked. I was told they got a few working but it did not matter. I also knew about 17 years had passed since an event.

Then I went into this shop where women were dressed in hand made clothing and were making pretty dresses and flowery hats, all happy by the way as were the men. I asked the woman there if any one was making cloth yet. She answered no, there is still a lot left when they look for it. Of note here is, the world was minus most people and those remaining were more like that of the 1800's. I wrote this onto my computer and did not share with anyone, not even my wife as she is far to practical to pay attention.

Then about three months later, she comes to me from the bedroom, I had another of those dreams. Listening to her sent chills down my spine, for she described the same scenario as I wrote down including the shop where the women were making hats and dresses. In her dream, she had the symbolic key, that when inserted into a lock would tell in lighted letters whom used to live in that home at one time, but they were no longer on earth or something. She also told me in her dream, there was no scarcity as everyone seemed to have just left everything and canned goods and all they owned were still there.

She also saw many coming out of a cave, or us out of a cave at the beginning of her dream. Just for interest, when she has these dreams, unfortunately they come about, like us being destroyed in a hurricane, her cousin dying under a horse and similar. This is a little of what I have recorded and it certainly is fun to speculate. I don't see how in an event, we could be in a cave as all caves here in Fl. are under water, lol.

Like the other guy said, dreams are just videos of stuff in our subconscious we watch at night so our mind doesn't get bored from 8 hours of inactivity. There's nothing new you can learn from a dream and you can't see the future.

posted on Dec, 20 2012 @ 01:28 PM
link   
I think you should look at this differently. Maybe it only meant that it was going to be empty then. Also no offense, but you are probably going to be dead.

posted on Dec, 20 2012 @ 03:46 PM
link   
Freestone that's exolent . Who knows what dreams are for. People can only speculate.

Keep trying to lucid dream and writing them down. Did you do anything difrent to get this dream?

posted on Dec, 24 2012 @ 03:58 PM
link   
I will now continue to ruminate about my own Seeing of my town.

this town is about 90 miles from anywheres. very rural and between two long lakes each 60 miles long. tis about 60 miles south of lake Ontario, in upstate new york, usa.

I did not move, in my lucid experience, this dream was like a photo image. I could redily tell, though, that the town's trees had seeded and had begun to reclaim that large field. more trees closer to the town beginnings. only several 20 foot rusted pillars to the large water tower.
I did see a garden or three of plants, mostly cabbages. the paved highway looked abandoned, just left alone for years and years, no quakes, no disruptions.

the date?!
i have no way at all to tell.
the dream occurred just a day before the 21st of december, probably "stimulated" by that end of the world date *and* of my daily reading of this thread!

I have my suspicions though.
Only a few years, from one to three, before the Beginning Event happens.
might be one event or death by 1000 cuts over ten years.

the town looked to be seen how long after?!!
---how many years to rust and collapse a water tower?
--how many years to take tree seedlings to sprout into five foot tall trees, out in a field, 100 foot from the yard next to the field? in cold upstate, i have seen bare ground take years to get a ground cover. takes 40 years for a maple tree to grow to be 50 foot tall!

cabbages. a cold climate plant.

the Time was fall, the trees were beginning to change color. i think now that the "Timing"
of this dream is symbolic! "fall", very very near the End of growth and plant life.
thus my image represents the very end of civilization as we know it. soon the metal will be gone. the fabrics rot, the tins corrode. metal tools will be gone.
the trade is gone, no traders and nothing to trade. "homegrown or homemade", or else do without!
the rocks are shale and some limestone. no iron ore here! lots of trees and good soil for plants. the Amish people, who moved here ten years ago, they might feel right at home and in fact they might be the people to Show The Way, to live, now!

but no tracks on the road. not even from a cart!! the road vanishes into the trees up ahead, into the town. the asphalt paving looked like it just cracked in the sun and weather, cracked into a zillion pea sized pebbles. "tracks" would have been evident if say a horse cart
used this road!

to *me*, this simple little vision "scares" me more than all of the prophecies i have read about "end times" whether in books or on the internet!!

Interlaken, ny, sits on route 96, one of the main roads from New York city to Rochester and Buffalo. an old old Indian trail, this road is, probably 500+ years old.
*IF* there was any sort of traveling done, this highway would have been used and people would move through interlaken.
[my seen-road was not rt 96, it was the road that comes at right angles to it]

the town behind me, here, is called "Lodi"! i have had dreams where this world was used as a pun.
"low die"!
--this infers to me that i am seeing this town after my death. nothing new here, 100+ years from now.

hmmmmm..
as i type this, i recall when i lived there in the 90s. three years. i walked this Lodi road a lot. many townspeople used this hill-road as a jogging road.
one May day, on my walk, i was astounded at the number of Dandelion flowers that sat in a field that is up west behind my vantage-view of dead town. there must have been from three to 20 flowers per square foot! in that field, there were millions and millions!
I sort of, then, sensed that in this field and also in several others nearby, along this road, that there was a dandelion flower for each person here on earth!
In another dream I had a dream of cabbages. they represented to me each cabbage is an incarnated soul, a person on earth. [cabbage = brain!

so here in my vision I saw a small garden of cabbages. *a* garden, only one garden out of maybe three. lets see....maybe 30 by 30 feet and one cabbage per square yard.
*Symbolism Alert: the dream is showing to me the percentage of living people, on earth, at this distant time, compared to the 7 billion people we now have!
thus that garden might not be "there"! the garden might have been a dream-construct to indicate just how many people are now living, at that time!! Only the road and town might be "Real"!

the sky seemed normal. the light looked normal. the grass had that tired fall look to it.

well I about exhausted my interpretations for today.
as i say, this vision, to me, tells me more Truth about any "end time" than any "Nostradamus"
or edgar cayce seeings! for this town is where I grew up in, 19 years of childhood, and my parents lived in my childhood home for another 15 years. I had a cottage on Cayuga lake too, i lived there every summer for five years, in the 70s. I lived *in* this town for three years, in the 90s, i walked this Lodi road nearly every other day.
F W .

posted on Dec, 24 2012 @ 04:02 PM
link   
hi again....

a change of thought on those cabbages.

back in 1998, when estimated the number of flowers in one field to be about 10,000,000, this was just for one field. there were other large flower-filled fields too.

just like this here patch of cabbages was the only cabbage garden amongst several gardens.
thus the "survivor ratio" is about 100 to 200 cabbages to 10,000,000.

freestone

posted on Dec, 31 2012 @ 07:31 AM
link   
another dream of a town, in the future!

here I dreamed of a town with people, a short simple dream.

so i did have a dream last night. not too too much recalled.
i went to my mothers home, the usual jumping off place to places, i guess and there i went into my room to play a computer RPG game. the company that makes this is called "Origin".
[there is such a company, one of the first back in DOS days]
when i began to play it, i went "*there* to the game.

i stood in the dirt street of a town. dirt street all right. just a trail. a straight line trail that intersected with other straight line trails. at the edge of this group of houses, i could see this trail goes straight out away from the buildings and off into the bushes.
[yet another future seeing.]
there were houses. the trails looked like very very hard packed dirt and roots and puddles extended into the trail. not a rut in sight! only traveled footpaths that looked to once be streets and roads. only feet trod these trails!
the houses looked old. i only saw a dozen or so in the little area.
i met with people. they all seemed to not have any fat to them at all, all skin bones and muscles . i went into a house where a morning meal was served to other residents. there was no coffee or tea.
[probably only water or milk, maybe not even alcoholic drinks, here!]
the meal looked simple.

near the end of my wanderings, someone told me of a Dreamer here who saw the future 1000 years ahead! that is what the dreamers says and up there there are fields and a "king"!
that is all that i can recall.

"origins"! like the very beginning. like the beginning of life , again, after a great crash of civilization.
the people wore clothes. i could see furniture. the houses looked to be old rural town houses much like my Interlaken town of 600 people in upstate new york.
for all that i know, that dirt trail leading out of town and up a slight hill could have been "that" road in my previous Interlaken future seeing where the town looked abandoned.

there seemed to be some kind of contact with the "outside" near the edge of town there seemed to be a "station" of some sort for ??stagecoach?? ????.
I did not see it.

since i had no "lucid free action" here, i could not direct my attention *to* anything. thus this is all that i know.

end of dream.

freestone

new topics

top topics

join