It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Man Arrested For Facebook Post Supporting Sandy Hook Gunman

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 20 2012 @ 08:30 AM
link   

His post, according to WKYC: "I'm so happy somebody shot up all those little (expletive). Viva la School Shootings!!!!" Medina Police say they received tons of calls and complaints about the post. That's why they charged him with inducing panic.

So complaint = panic?

I don't think these people were in a panic. I think they were just pissed off and the police went overboard with the charge.

Read the story here

posted on Dec, 20 2012 @ 08:32 AM
link   
reply to post by 2ndFUTURE

So its that easy to get people arrested?? FUUUUUUUUU I have been missing out, arrest half of the idiots that post on yahoo.

People are just so damn sensitive now a days, they can't hear anything that's against their worldly views or they feel like a cornered animal
edit on 20-12-2012 by th3onetruth because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 20 2012 @ 08:34 AM
link   

maybe his family panicked in thinking hundreds of people could have came for him

posted on Dec, 20 2012 @ 08:36 AM
link   
reply to post by th3onetruth

Now we can have people arrested for making stupid comments, this is awesome!

Someone say something stupid.

posted on Dec, 20 2012 @ 08:39 AM
link   
reply to post by gladtobehere

If that were the case we could probably have many arrests stemming from comments made on this website.

posted on Dec, 20 2012 @ 08:41 AM
link   
Obviously you had no kids attending this school or you would have been the first one in line to give him a proper pop in his disgusting mouth, instead of apparently in support of him and bashing those taking action against him.

Good to see somebody actually addressing the communities uproar over this dirtbag's hateful comments (although arresting him wasn't necessary), the charges wont stick but at least insensitive rats like that understand the difference between freedom of speech, and inciting panic, inciting civil unrest or violence.
At least they can get him documented, (in the system) so that they can keep an eye on him should he have thoughts about being a copy-cat, or some other type of future threat to society (or your kids), in the future.

Just my two pennies

edit on 20-12-2012 by Lonewulph because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 20 2012 @ 08:41 AM
link   
reply to post by gladtobehere

Something stupid.

2nd line.

Are the thought police gonna come git me now?

posted on Dec, 20 2012 @ 08:43 AM
link   

While I find this person's comments offensive and in poor taste I don't find them to be inciting anyone to do anything, and he is well within his rights to say them. However if his comments are a violation of Facebook's T&C they have every right to remove the comments- I just don't feel it was right to arrest this person.

Being "Politically Correct" has become the law of the land- unfortunately. Be careful what you say in public or post online because if you're not in line with what is trending as PC you will now be arrested and charged with an act of terror. Welcome to the "New America" people!

posted on Dec, 20 2012 @ 08:43 AM
link   
reply to post by FortAnthem

Yes...911...his name is FortAnthem...he said "something stupid"...O.K....you're on your way?

posted on Dec, 20 2012 @ 08:46 AM
link   
there are countries in this world you get arrested on suspicion you could do something in the future, no evidence of planing or anything, just a suggestion you could, so simple is that...

this guy can at least blame himself for the FB post

edit on 20-12-2012 by KrzYma because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 20 2012 @ 08:48 AM
link   
Sorry, but stupidity is not illegal.

the analogy of the crowded movie theater doesn't really fit in that it didn't create a 'clear and present danger'.

this will end up getting dismissed, or the charge will be changed

posted on Dec, 20 2012 @ 08:52 AM
link   
reply to post by acacko

Just playing devil's advocate here but...couldn't it be inciting violence?

posted on Dec, 20 2012 @ 09:03 AM
link   
I think inciting violence would be a stretch.

I doubt that after himmin' & hawin' they will actually find anything they can charge him with.

A more likely scenario is the cops getting tired of answering the phone unwilling to explain the first amendment to callers, and finally saying 'just go arrest him for something, and we'll let the DA figure it out'.

posted on Dec, 20 2012 @ 09:05 AM
link   
What did they charge him with? I can't think of anything legally that could actually charge him with. However, anyone is free to kick is ### in my moral playbook. What a jack-wagon.

-Ghoster:
edit on 20-12-2012 by theghoster because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 20 2012 @ 09:05 AM
link   
I dont understand "inciting violence"

Dont we all choose for ourselves how we react to the world?
He stated how he felt no matter how insensitive or disgusting that was.
Being placed on a watch list would have been enough i think.
Not arrest him for expressing an opinion what a slippery slope that is.

posted on Dec, 20 2012 @ 09:18 AM
link   
reply to post by th3onetruth

People have been arrested for less. It's getting ridiculous.

Just one example, man being arrested because an officer assaulted HIM.

likeorfail.com...
edit on 20-12-2012 by Pirateninjah because: Incorrect fact

edit on 20-12-2012 by Pirateninjah because: grammar :facepalm:

posted on Dec, 20 2012 @ 09:18 AM
link   

If people make offensive comments on Facebook here in the UK they can be sent to gaol. Here is a prime example:-

www.bbc.co.uk...

And rightly so i say.

posted on Dec, 20 2012 @ 09:30 AM
link   
I firmly believe in free speech but writing something that is has no meaning other than to piss people off and cause harm should not be tolerated either.

Like I tell my son....

I can put my man hood in a meat grinder if I want because it is mine but that does not mean I should...

Just be casue you can does not mean you should....
edit on 20-12-2012 by knowledgedesired because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 20 2012 @ 09:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by alldaylong

If people make offensive comments on Facebook here in the UK they can be sent to gaol. Here is a prime example:-

www.bbc.co.uk...

And rightly so i say.

How the ell would we know? The comments are missing from your tale.....

posted on Dec, 20 2012 @ 09:33 AM
link   
Maybe he did not actually make the post but got hacked or an ex has his password, etc. This could be a big problem for a lot of people depending on the outcome

top topics

<<   2 >>

join