It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bring Our Troops Home 2013

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 19 2012 @ 05:32 PM
link   
So i heard about this website today on the radio and decided to check it out. Aparently its some kind of petition to bring home the troops initiated by members of congress. I realize the rules here so i'm not trying to get people to sign the petition but here is what brought these politicians to get this thing started in their own words....

Please join in the effort to bring our troops home before the current December 2014 deadline! How much more money must we spend on a failed policy? How many more Americans have to die before December of 2014? The recent string of insider attacks proves that our job there is done and our troops do not deserve to be killed by the very Afghans they are training!

Source...

I believe the reasoning behind this may be from incidents like this...

An Afghan police officer shot and killed three U.S. Marines after sharing a meal with them before dawn Friday and then fled into the desolate darkness of southern Afghanistan, the third attack on coalition forces by their Afghan counterparts in a week. The Afghan police commander opened fire on the three Americans after inviting them to dinner at his outpost under the pretext of having a meeting to discuss security. Read more: www.dailymail.co.uk... orces-week.html#ixzz2FXl84cTR Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook

Source...
I mean seriously wtf? We really need to get out of this war and start rebuilding America. The political conversation in this country sucks. Last week it was the fiscal cliff, somehow everyone forgot about that, this week is gun laws and its like everyone is forgetting about the shooting already.

ITS OUR DAMN CULTURE THATS WHATS WRONG WITH THIS PLACE.

People need to learn how to treat people all over again in this country it's insane. I was at the store today to buy my manager a Giants coffee cup and i swear to god some lady almost took me out with a shopping cart rushing to grab something recklessly. Its like everyone has forgotten that everyone around them is a human being deserving of proper treatment. Two generations ago people still had manners, people carried themselves with dignity and commanded respect.

We need some serious change in this country and our gun laws aren't it, or any law for that matter, no tax is going to fix it either. TIME TO GET REAL PEOPLE.

/ end rant
edit on 19-12-2012 by onequestion because: (no reason given)

join