It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NEWS: Bush Blocks UN Ban on Cloning Human Beings

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 25 2004 @ 10:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by bodrul
if Geirge Bush is against same sex marriages and so on because he is a devoted christian.

This is what I too, thought. I want to say though, that in fairness, I don't really know what the general Christian opinion is on cloning, but I would think most would be against it as it playing god, no matter which gods you worship

posted on Oct, 26 2004 @ 11:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by LadyV

Originally posted by bodrul
if Geirge Bush is against same sex marriages and so on because he is a devoted christian.

This is what I too, thought. I want to say though, that in fairness, I don't really know what the general Christian opinion is on cloning, but I would think most would be against it as it playing god, no matter which gods you worship

My opinion is any behavior or activity people could possibly ever do would
never rise to the level of being of any interest to God. But then my beliefs
on the subject are not usual, and I tend to agree with you that most
people will probably be against cloning.

posted on Oct, 26 2004 @ 08:21 PM
link   
"Most modern epidemic diseases are infectious, if not contagious. Left alone, most of them take decades to progress. However, progression is accelerated, often rapidly, by many medications and exposure to common contaminants in food, air and water.

Disease spread could be curbed with more effective decontamination, sterilization and filtering processes in the food, health and water management industries. Progression could be delayed or halted with proper controls on drug approvals, and environmental and industrial clean-ups to remove chemical and other triggers. For treatment of already advanced disease, stem cell therapies and therapeutic stem cell cloning offer far greater promise than existent drugs or surgery. But no measures are supported or approved to prevent spread or progression, or provide better treatments."

...The problem is, genetic manipulations don't deal with the real problem. ...Infectious cause, triggered by exposure to contaminations are what create the mutations. If we don't clean up and take care of biz - the wheel will just keep turnin round making more mutations every turn.... Therapeutic cloning isn't about cloning people - just cells, to help fix diseased cells.

[edit on 26-10-2004 by soficrow]

<< 1   >>

join