It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NEWS: 5 Killed in San Diego Air Ambulance Crash

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 24 2004 @ 06:11 PM
link   
An air ambulance has gone down near the Mexico border killing all five on board. The plane owned by the Med Flight Air Ambulance company was flying over mountainous terrain when it went down. To this point, 3 bodies have been recovered. On board were two pilots, two paramedics, and a flight nurse. The plane was on its way home to its base in Albuquerque following a medical transport from Mexico to San Diego.

story.news.yahoo.com
SAN DIEGO - Rescuers hiked though rugged terrain near the Mexican border Sunday to reach the remote site where a private jet went down after taking off from San Diego, killing all five people aboard.

The Learjet was being used as an air ambulance when it crashed carrying two pilots, two paramedics and a nurse on a flight bound for Albuquerque, N.M.

The plane went down around 12:30 a.m. Sunday in a mountainous region about two miles east of a small San Diego airstrip, said Larry Levy, CEO and medical director of Albuquerque-based Med Flight Air Ambulance, which owned the aircraft.

It was the company's first crash since starting operations in 1979.

Emergency personnel had to hike to the crash site. They had located three bodies by late morning, said Capt. Glenn Revell of the San Diego County Sheriff's Department.

Please visit the link provided for the complete story.

Personal Note: As a critical care transport nurse, I have had the opportunity to fly with the Med Flight Team. In our case a 7 year old was transported from Phoenix Childrens hospital to our hospital to treat him for primary pulmonary hypertension. Their flight crew was professional and more importantly loved what they did. At this point I have no idea if this was the crew I flew with, but my heart goes out to the families of the victims.

[edit on 10/24/04 by FredT]

posted on Oct, 24 2004 @ 06:17 PM
link   
This is the second air ambulance crash this week. Another went down in Florida a few days ago. Sad.

new topics

join