It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bible Scholar Leaves Christianity...

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 20 2012 @ 10:16 AM
link   
reply to post by Klassified

Laying on of hands? Haha, I wouldn't advise it. Remember that dude that heals people by curbstomping them?

posted on Dec, 20 2012 @ 12:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by Klassified
reply to post by lonewolf19792000

LW, I think you need a little extra prayer time. You've been a little grumpy lately. Maybe get the elders of the church to lay hands on you.

edit on 12/20/2012 by Klassified because: (no reason given)

I'm sorry some dood pissed in your wheaties and you lost your faith. Spend the rest of your life blaming God, or some guy, or whatever and you're just wasting your time. You think you're the only one who didn't get stepped on by hypocrits? I lived with the biggest hypocrit in the world for the first 17 years of my life and it turned me from Jesus, but the thing about an omnipresent God is, no matter what direction you run to, you're going to run into him because there is no escape and i found it out the hard way. So pick your cojones up off the ground and move on and learn to forgive the weak humans who can't stop sinning, because you only got 2 choices, keep holding a grudge and letting it poison you, or forgive.

posted on Dec, 20 2012 @ 12:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by hxc408
Secondly, I'd like to say that this man was not a Christian in the first place so he certainly did not renounce his faith.

Correct.

1 John 2:18-19 (KJV)
18Little children, it is the last time: and as ye have heard that antichrist shall come, even now are there many antichrists; whereby we know that it is the last time. 19They went out from us, but they were not of us; for if they had been of us, they would no doubt have continued with us: but they went out, that they might be made manifest that they were not all of us.

He is an antichrist like any one else who has split from the Church. Catholics and Protestants included.

posted on Dec, 20 2012 @ 12:22 PM
link   
reply to post by lonewolf19792000

While it's true I saw things I never thought I would see those in the upper echelons of Christianity, I have made it very clear on more than one occasion, those incidents, no matter how disturbing they were, are not what changed my heart and mind. As I have said previously. I did not put the blame on God for what they had done, and were doing. I placed the blame on them.

My departure from Christianity is on me. Not them. They couldn't have driven me from Christianity had they tried. They drove me out of the church, but not away from my faith. It was I, and I alone who determined later on, I was living a lie, and could no longer do so.

What I saw and experienced made me determined to expose them. Not because of what they did, but because there are too many leaders in the church deceiving their congregations. Many of these people are sitting amongst the presbytery. It's not revenge. But I do believe Christians need to realize many of their leaders are wolves in sheeps clothing. They are pretending to be believers, when in reality, they are no less heathen than I am. You are mature enough to care for yourself I gather. Many are not. But if the mature won't sound the alarm to their brethren...

Now I'm just going on and on. I'll leave it there. Have a great Christmas LW.

posted on Dec, 20 2012 @ 12:46 PM
link   
reply to post by truejew

1 John 2:18-19 (KJV) 18Little children, it is the last time: and as ye have heard that antichrist shall come, even now are there many antichrists; whereby we know that it is the last time. 19They went out from us, but they were not of us; for if they had been of us, they would no doubt have continued with us: but they went out, that they might be made manifest that they were not all of us.

I've no doubt the church needed to add something along these lines to the bible at some point, when some of the flock started figuring out what was really going on. This was the presbytery's answer. Discredit them, denounce them, as never having been genuine to start with. It works with Christians, I suppose. Not with anyone else who thinks for themselves.

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join