It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

UK midlands: power cut and blue flash

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 18 2012 @ 05:17 PM
link   
About half hour ago. My Facebook saying its being reported all over Staffordshire !

We had a 2 second power cut at same time as a blue flash seen through the window in the night sky

My Facebook is going mad with reports saying the same, my Internet is down, using 3G on phone

Wtf ??

posted on Dec, 18 2012 @ 05:21 PM
link   
reply to post by stinka

Do y'all have transformers? I know your electrical infrastructure is a bit different than ours, but over here that's generally what happens when a transformer blows.

posted on Dec, 18 2012 @ 05:28 PM
link   
reply to post by stinka

Was the blue flash anything like what in the video?

posted on Dec, 18 2012 @ 05:32 PM
link   
Had a 1/2 second drop a bit a go but happily online now

posted on Dec, 18 2012 @ 05:35 PM
link   
Going to give you that one on the oddness scale because about a week ago we had exactly the same thing in the South-East. We identified at least 3 transformers and 2 separate power grids going down at the same time for about 90 seconds. Everything just died to the extent I ran off and started filling the bathtub up with water. When I say everything died I mean EVERYTHING. Lights and heater went off, mobile signal dropped to nothing and even more disturbingly I had no dial tone. Whenever my power throws a wobbly I pick up the landline, if I hear a tone then all is good, this time, no tone.

posted on Dec, 18 2012 @ 05:39 PM
link   
If theres a reasonable answer then ring up the local DNO who runs the grid but it wouldn't suprise me its caused by some gypo's trying to grab some wiring for resale while still live

posted on Dec, 19 2012 @ 08:38 AM
link   
reply to post by PW229

There's a thread on here somewhere about the US just having successfully tested an EMP bomb or something.
Or, maybe we are getting major power surges from CMEs.
Or, maybe our electrical grid infrastructure is getting old & needs an over-haul.
Or, maybe because alienz

posted on Dec, 19 2012 @ 09:27 AM
link   
Blown fuse at the substation

www.thisisstaffordshire.co.uk...

new topics

top topics

join