It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What'll happen on the 21st ....

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 18 2012 @ 11:46 AM
link   
In common language, Dec 21st, "winter solstice" is by most people referred to as "beginning of winter".

For me, Dec 21st is always a little reason to celebrate and be happy.

Winter solstice means that from that day on, the days will get longer again.

For me, it's actually not the "beginning of winter", but instead, the beginning of that half of the year where the "dark" season concludes and the warmer/brighter season slowly, but gradually starts again.

So..I'll be happy comes the 21st!
edit on 18-12-2012 by flexy123 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 18 2012 @ 11:56 AM
link   
I totally agree with your outlook. I also welcome the winter solstice for the exact same reason. I hate getting off from work and it being dark outside already. Once the 21st of December comes, I know I start getting a little more sunlight each day. Once February comes you really start to notice it. I try to start my Spring early. Even if it is cold outside still, I'd rather be cold in the daylight than at night.

posted on Dec, 18 2012 @ 11:56 AM
link   
reply to post by flexy123

The 22nd and after may very well be of greater concern than the 21rst. There's going to be some very unhappy folks on the 22nd, because the world didn't end, or they didn't ascend, [insert other scenario here]. These are the folks to be concerned with. Who knows what a few of these folks might do.

Especially those who spent their life savings, and have nothing left to go back to. It could get ugly. But lets hope it's minimal.

posted on Dec, 18 2012 @ 11:57 AM
link   
reply to post by flexy123

I look at it the same way, but I also can see some tragic events occurring due to people taking such things as their bizarre interpretations of a Mayan calender seriously. So I don't look forward to Friday with a smile. I have a little trepidation about what some people may do.

posted on Dec, 18 2012 @ 12:01 PM
link   
I think my biggest fear leading up to the 21st, and even perhaps ON the 21st would be those who are so worked up about what they think might happen that they commit suicide.. suicides happened with Mr. Camping's predictions of the rapture as well if I'm not mistaken..

Otherwise, as far as the world is concerned.. it will be just another day

posted on Dec, 18 2012 @ 12:04 PM
link   
For me it means doom and gloom unless I get my shopping done. It means spending money and credit card debt. On the 21st I fully expect to wake up, shower, shave and... All the usual stuff. I think it would be very surprising if I start to evolve or become more conscious. Although that would be more welcome than aliens trying to eat me or something. It would definitely freak me out if I do evolve. I'm not sure what that would entail. Maybe my little toe will fall off? I don't see any survival advantage to having a little toe.

top topics

join