It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

National Guard on guard at schools?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 18 2012 @ 10:42 AM
link   
Isn't that what the National Guard is suppose to do? Guard the nation? and whom more precious then military installations and bases than your own schools.

Americans kill more Americans than any other nationality or race of religion.

Why not have 2 N.G at each school?
edit on 18-12-2012 by CALGARIAN because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 18 2012 @ 10:45 AM
link   
It may make people feel more safe. But what if one of the kids brings a weapon to school? Will the national guard hassle every teenager and search him for weapons or do they have a profiling system? Putting metal detectors in schools is more expansive, but at least it will make AMURICA feel like less of a police state.

posted on Dec, 18 2012 @ 12:06 PM
link   
Middle schools and high schools normally have police officers on duty.

Until now, I've never heard of an elementary school with resources officers. I guess bc the fear was about a shooter from the student body, and elementary kids are unlikely to do such a thing.

I wonder if elementary schools will get an officer now. Personally, I think it's a good idea in my area, and for an entirely different reason. We have a lot of gangs in our area, and the young children mistrust the police. It would be nice for them to see police officers in a protective role.

posted on Dec, 18 2012 @ 12:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by smyleegrl
Middle schools and high schools normally have police officers on duty.

Until now, I've never heard of an elementary school with resources officers. I guess bc the fear was about a shooter from the student body, and elementary kids are unlikely to do such a thing.

I wonder if elementary schools will get an officer now. Personally, I think it's a good idea in my area, and for an entirely different reason. We have a lot of gangs in our area, and the young children mistrust the police. It would be nice for them to see police officers in a protective role.

It's funny how you say the kids distrust the police and then scream it would be nice to see more in schools. I'm 25 and I went to school in Ohio. Every year kids brought guns, ammo, hunting stuff to school in their cars and every year we had announcements telling TEACHERs And students to be mindful of items left in cars. We had three murders in our city while I was there. Not once was a gun involved and for the 10 years I lived there never heard of any shootings. Students walked around with knives and all kids of other things and no one batted an eye. I moved to Vegas and the schools are legit prisons with fences and cops and everything and they still have problems with kids. When in one area there are guns every where and very rare gun crime and these "educational prisons" are having problems. If you lock a human up like an animal we will act like an animal. This isn't a gun problem it's a social problem. Parents are afraid to discipline their kids then get mad when someone else does because they are a crappy parents. It's not about guns it's humans have zero respect for any life other than their own. It's primal but it's the truth. We didn't stay on this planet for thousands of years by being the "nice guys". We only live to reproduce just like every other creature but humans have this plan b protocol to make sure nothing lives on earth after us for thousands of years. Nothing says leaving a mark on the earth than setting off thousands of nuclear devices all over.

posted on Dec, 18 2012 @ 01:20 PM
link   
reply to post by marbles87

Yes, the kids distrust the police bc the majority of people in the area I teach regularly break the law. So having positive role models is a wonderful thing.

I grew up in a school where I kept my archery equipment in my car and even my locker, and no one thought twice about it. But those innocent days are gone. Sad fact, but true nevertheless.

posted on Dec, 18 2012 @ 01:27 PM
link   
reply to post by CALGARIAN

This kind of kneejerk reaction to militarize the civilian sector, all out of proportion to actual risk, is what will bring the end. Not the illuminati, not the bankers, not aliens. It'll be nanny-state security moms who usher in martial law, and they'll do it for the children.

If this was satire, it was very good.

posted on Dec, 18 2012 @ 02:10 PM
link   
reply to post by smyleegrl

The times have not changed. My former schools in Ohio are not prisons and other than maybe a few stickers on doors nothing has changed regarding security and no one has been shot up. The more people try to ban guns the more people will hoard them if they have them and be scared of them if they don't. People are just insensitive. I bet if a bus full of kids died in a freak accident they will be foaming at the mouth to attack the bus companies. With a population of 350 +\-million DOCUMENTED citizens. "freak accidents and acts of violence" will happen. I guess people want us to go back to the 70's and 80's some of 90's and just have dudes blowing up buildings with bombs. Humans have killed each other with their bare hands and with a nuclear bomb. Humans will stop at nothing to kill one another if they so desire. So it was thousands of years ago so it will be thousands from now. Until everyone walks around naked in their own bubble no one is safe from each other but even then the air will give you cancer.

posted on Dec, 18 2012 @ 02:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by CALGARIAN
Isn't that what the National Guard is suppose to do? Guard the nation? and whom more precious then military installations and bases than your own schools.

First of all Americans do not kill more Americans than anyone else. That honor belongs to Brazil, then India, Mexico, Ethopia, Indonesia, Nigeria, South Africa, Colombia, Russia, Pakistan, DR of the Congo, China, Venezuela and then number at 14 the United States. Second why the NG? Soldiers are not security guards and adding more guns is never a good idea. The first time a kid is shot running around with a BB gun that would be then end of that.

posted on Dec, 18 2012 @ 02:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by MrSpad

First of all Americans do not kill more Americans than anyone else. That honor belongs to Brazil, then India, Mexico, Ethopia, Indonesia, Nigeria, South Africa, Colombia, Russia, Pakistan, DR of the Congo, China, Venezuela and then number at 14 the United States. Second why the NG? Soldiers are not security guards and adding more guns is never a good idea. The first time a kid is shot running around with a BB gun that would be then end of that.

I mean who kills the most Americans... Americans.

Do Brazilians kill more Americans than Americans themselves? Do Indians? Do Mexicans?

posted on Dec, 18 2012 @ 02:50 PM
link   
The National Guard is still banned from performing police roles. They can be used to supplement the police, in times of crisis, such as riot duty, but they can't be used as police, such as guarding schools.

The National Guard mission is to be used to supplement emergency responders, at the behest of the State Commander In Chief, unless federalized. They assist with rescue operations, evacuations, if necessary they can assist with riot duty, or other police duties, but only if the police are also on scene to make any arrests, etc.

(1) When domestic unrest is beyond the capability of state and local law enforcement, a Governor may direct the involvement of the National Guard in augmenting state and/or local law enforcement agencies (LEA) in restoring public order or governmental functioning, preventing the loss of life or wanton destruction of property, or enforcing state law.

(2) National Guard forces may also be ordered into federal service to suppress insurrections, rebellions, and domestic violence.

(3) National Guard assistance is provided in support of civil authorities, not to replace civil authority.

(4) National Guard Reaction Forces may serve as the initial National Guard response for civil disturbance and crowd management operations during the first critical hours following an incident. See Chapter 7-1 for further details.

(5) The National Guard civil disturbance support mission is a joint ANG and ARNG responsibility.

publicintelligence.net...

So you'd still have to have the police present, and use the NG as an assistance force. They are only allowed to support, not replace the police.

posted on Dec, 18 2012 @ 03:04 PM
link   

We do? We kill more of each other? I know - passively and actively - we kill lots of other nationalities, but I've never seen that statistic...not sure how we would even come to it. I mean, I'm sure every day more Americans kill other Americans than, say, Estonian on Estonian or Nepalese on Nepalese murder. But those are smaller countries. Are we talking per capita or total population, because I have about 20 or so aunts and uncles and at least 20 or so 1st cousins in about 10 different states from NY and RI to FL, CA, AZ and KS. none of my family has been killed by an American (or otherwise). Nor any friends or coworkers im aware of.

With that kind of spread, I'd hope (not in the want it to happen sense) it would afflict my social circle somehow if it were such a rampant thing.

posted on Dec, 18 2012 @ 03:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by MrSpad

I mean who kills the most Americans... Americans.

Do Brazilians kill more Americans than Americans themselves? Do Indians? Do Mexicans?

Well everybody kills more of their own people unless they are at war and even then it is more likely they do. Who kills more Swiss than the Swiss, who kills more Canadians than Canadians etc. Still none of that changes that adding more guns is just as dumb as taking away all guns.

posted on Dec, 18 2012 @ 03:51 PM
link   
reply to post by CALGARIAN

One of my biggest fears seems to be on the verge of coming to reality. Its not the national guard that will be at schools. It will be private security firms such as Wackenhut, Academi (previously known as Xe and Blackwater), Aegis, etc.

Its close to happening, and when it does, it will truly be time to fear for our kids.

new topics

top topics

join