It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What is an "assault rifle" or "military style" weapon?

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 22 2012 @ 02:35 PM
link   
reply to post by Feltrick

You remind me of my wife....

She can sit and twist and spin her hair, for hours! Sorta like what you just did with everything I said, in my response!!!

You just spent 20 minutes or more, taking all of the words I typed, while garnering none of the meaning I intended, to further this thread, by a single post, for what???

I take that back...You don't remind me of my wife, who is quite capable of making a point. You remind me of a chihuahua with ADHD, that can't decide what gust of wind, to bark at, next...

I am 100% pro-2nd Amendment. I have read the Constitution many times, and don't EVER recall seeing the section on magazine capacity restrictions...I DO recall, however, that clear and concise phrase, "Shall Not Be Infringed"...

edit on 12/22/2012 by GoOfYFoOt because: removed excessive insults and punctuation...

posted on Dec, 22 2012 @ 02:37 PM
link   
reply to post by GoOfYFoOt

Great debate, thanks for the insults. Understand completely.

posted on Dec, 22 2012 @ 02:58 PM
link   

Look, Sir...I'd like to think that we are on the same side, but you began our "debate" by twisting everything I said and only deriving the utmost negative from it. You made huge leaps and assumptions from my intended context, and belittled me, first. Much like the liberal mindset, that I have been defending myself against for the last 3 decades, and especially, in the last week!

If I mistook your aggressive and unrealistic comments, please do, forgive me. Sometimes, it is rather difficult to discern who stands for what, with so much rhetoric and banter to sift through...

posted on Dec, 22 2012 @ 03:16 PM
link   

So, this might sound ignorant, but I never knew the "bullet button" actually existed. I did a little research on it and while I personally wouldn't be against putting it on my own rifle, I really don't see how it would have made much difference in this scenario. It's a good idea in theory but all you would have to do is hold a release tool in your trigger hand and once the magazine is empty, hit the release, let the mag drop to the floor and toss another one in. The bottom line is this guy massacred defenseless children. Even if his gun jammed, they wouldn't have been able to tackle him. When people reach a point where they are willing to do something like this it doesn't matter if you have a telescoping stock or a flash hider or a bayonet lug. If you've made up your mind that you want to invoke carnage and then kill yourself, nothing will stop you.

posted on Dec, 22 2012 @ 03:22 PM
link   

I have been a gun owner for many years and am a fervent believer in all of our Rights. I was a hunter many, many years ago and now just enjoy going to the range with my son, putting holes in paper. I take gun ownership as a major responsibility, not just a Right and teach my son that same responsibility. I am NOT against the 2nd Amendment!

I was only trying to show that your argument could be used to take our rights away. Civilians don't want to hear that gun owners are preparing to shoot their neighbors and, though you didn't actually say that, it was inferred by your statement. I actually have no problem with a 30-rd mag, but no one has given a reasonable explanation of why it's needed. One that would hold up in the court of public opinion.

As I stated in a few of my posts, I'm not a black plastic rifle guy so I don't really know how big of a deal 30-rd mags and telescoping stocks are. My question on the stocks was answered, never thought about that as the M16s I used have all had regular stocks...one size fits all!

There are millions of responsible gun owners in this country and I do NOT want to see the actions of the .000001% make us lose our rights. I'm also upset because of the delays in shipping from Ammotogo!

posted on Dec, 22 2012 @ 03:29 PM
link   
reply to post by MJZoo

I didn't know about the "bullet button" either until a buddy of mine was transferred to CA and put one on to make it CA Legal. Would that have stopped him? No, but it may have made his reload time slower and that could have made a difference for some.

We already know that CT has an AWB in place and that didn't stop him! As I've said, it's not about the gun, it's about the owner.

posted on Dec, 22 2012 @ 03:38 PM
link   

Fair enough.

I, too, am extremely concerned about the trajectory this country has been on, for decades. It's difficult to remain un-emotional with the constant rediculousness being put forth as fact, lately. I have been involved with numerous civil discussions all across this site, and am not quite sure why I took the low road in my response, earlier.

I will again, apologize, and strive to remain emotion-free from here on out...;-)

And, I hope your ammo gets there soon!

posted on Dec, 22 2012 @ 05:51 PM
link   

No need to apologize, I reread my post and I came across like a big bag of d's.

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join