It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Keep your Dirty Laundry !

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:
+1 more 
posted on Dec, 17 2012 @ 03:25 PM
link   
Maestro music please.

The media coverage of Fridays events in Newtown have been nothing, and I mean nothing, as in zero, short of absolutely appalling. And even tho the media itself has acknowledged this, it hasn't slowed down one bit. It's no big secret every aspect of our mainstream information outlets are controlled by a few corporate monarchs with interest in propaganda.

The media coverage in Connecticut looked like nothing short of a feeding frenzy. And it only continues at this hour. Also from the first few moments our members of ATS were demonized by other members. Because they could feel this was coming and were all over the media 's crap from the get go. Many of us because of other recent events such as those in Aurora knew damn well it wouldn't end there. So I applaud those who were there from the start because that's exactly how it needs to be with a press that is no longer a free institution.

I had told many friends in the real world and in real time. That the shootings weren't over and that there would be more. I never expected anything this horrendous. And I still believe even Obama was shocked at what just did transpire but. The fact that many of us felt that more was to come, because the PTB want our guns ( The UN ) I feel have been completely justified in both their feelings, of what was coming. And their jumping to the immediate defense of the second amendment. And I vow to do everything in my power not to give up one more liberty, especially not the 2nd amendment. Because, if we're right about the motive behind these slayings. Then someone wants to disarm us at any cost. And it is the reasons behind them wanting us disarmed so fervently. That should scare the hell out of every american. So I say to our media keep your appalling dirty laundry to your selves. It does no service to not one american any longer. You absolutely disgust me with your dirty lil fingers in everybody's pie.

How do you feel my fellow members ?

edit on 17-12-2012 by randyvs because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 17 2012 @ 03:29 PM
link   
S&F

Sadly and predictably they are way over the top.

Those poor people in that little town.

I really feel they are re-victimizing those poor souls.

posted on Dec, 17 2012 @ 03:35 PM
link   
reply to post by whyamIhere

I truly share your sympathies my good member and I read all your posts.

posted on Dec, 17 2012 @ 03:41 PM
link   
Just wait till the kids are older and they all get hounded for their "survivor" story. Honestly I say let the kids forget it happened because right now everyone just made those kids famous for dying and not dying that morning.

Kids + deaths = millions $$ for news networks and media outlets

posted on Dec, 17 2012 @ 03:44 PM
link   
Nice Thread and you covered it all in a well written post, to the point it is and I believe more and more folks will take heed of posts like this.

S&F
Regards, Iwinder

The sub titles on the video were very nice as I am deaf........again this says it all nice and neat.

edit on 17-12-2012 by Iwinder because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 17 2012 @ 03:45 PM
link   
Love that song. Thanks for posting.

It's been a long time since I heard it. Yep, the lyrics are pretty meaningful.

posted on Dec, 17 2012 @ 03:46 PM
link   
reply to post by randyvs

I agree...

Its interesting the psychology that goes behind these type of things. You get to see the non-conscious functioning behind people during situations like this.

For example my wife and I know better than to go to MSM for information...we both know its horrible information...but what do we do? The same thing everyone else does...watch it...

then the debate begins...we all adopt the tragedy in our lives and suddenly what was a Sandy Hook incident became an American incident, which became a world incident...

No one is minding their own business...were all up in a fit in each others lives telling each other what to think and act like...we have all become individual MSM relay machines that spew our agendas whatever they be...the gun debate is obvious enough...now the world is having a "mental health" debate in a field that is way less than factual....psychology...

the MSM brings the worst things of the world to your living room and people act as if...it is really right there in their living room. Everyone turns into superman wanting to save everyone else from everyone else.

MSM turns everything into a pandemic...and the sensationalism manipulates people's perspective of the issue. The MSM news is all about BAD S%#$&...because if they were to be balanced and report on good S%$% people might have some contrast and balance in their lives...people might not freak the hell out like Syria is right next door and Sand Hook is happening right up the street every day of the week...

Its this same perception that makes people think you HAVE to be destroyed to be sensitive...you HAVE to sensationalize to be respectful...

its the same mindset that makes this headline:

"20 children were killed at Sand Hook Elementary School today...Meanwhile roughly 7 billion people managed to stay alive!!!"

seem disrespectful and insensitive...
THAT is why we will never see that headline...

posted on Dec, 17 2012 @ 03:48 PM
link   
reply to post by randyvs

Well put Randy! As sad as it may be, we have those out there that act like little baby birds and open their gullets so that they can shovel some more propaganda down their scared and hungry little throats.......
edit on 17-12-2012 by seeker1963 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 17 2012 @ 03:56 PM
link   
reply to post by Sly1one

I just have to say" wow " to such a meaningful post. You just made my thread totally worth the time I spent writing it.

Thank you Sly.

posted on Dec, 17 2012 @ 04:08 PM
link   
reply to post by randyvs

No problem...glad I could contribute.

I just wonder how long its going to take for people to consider the MEDIA as part of the social and mental decay that is contributing significantly to the insanity in the world...at what point will we realize the media has a drastic effect on how we perceive the world and act in accordance to that perception...

I am NOT saying the media needs to be banned...I don't believe in "banning" things, However the constant tragedy and negativity on MSM has to have some lasting psycho-social effects that are contributing to some of these issues....they glorify the killers for cryin out loud...whats that saying? There is no such thing as bad publicity?

Morgan Freeman made a very amazing point:

Whose name(s) are the people going to remeber?? The killer or the victims?

I think we all know the answer to that one...and unfortunately its true...as for I don't think I can recall a name of a victim in the Dark Knight shooting....but all of us here know the name of the killer...

edit on 17-12-2012 by Sly1one because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 17 2012 @ 04:14 PM
link   

Morgan Freeman made a very amazing point: Whose name(s) are the people going to remeber?? The killer or the victims? I think we all know the answer to that one...and unfortunately its true...as for I don't think I can recall a name of a victim in the Dark Knight shooting....but all of us here know the name of the killer...
reply to post by Sly1one

Bang on the money Sir/Madame
Very very good post.
Regards, Iwinder

posted on Dec, 17 2012 @ 04:34 PM
link   
reply to post by Sly1one

MSM turns everything into a pandemic...and the sensationalism manipulates people's perspective of the issue. The MSM news is all about BAD S%#$&...because if they were to be balanced and report on good S%$% people might have some contrast and balance in their lives...people might not freak the hell out like Syria is right next door and Sand Hook is happening right up the street every day of the week...

Wow, thanks for pointing that out.

I have never really thought of it in those terms.

Poignant...

posted on Dec, 17 2012 @ 04:38 PM
link   
yeah, MSM is f... with your minds

the killing is TRAGIC, true... this kids will newer get they dream lived, will never grow up... all true Obama said

but look here, 3 sec of search
edition.cnn.com...

what is the difference ??? and don't forget this happens almost every day
what... nobody cares as this is not in your backyard ??
well... shame of you !

truth if, nobody cares at all, MSM made us so resistant to everything. All we want is a new bottle of shampoo and a big double sized hamburger. So we can sit on the couch and get fat watching people killing other people. In the break on the news we watch some pseudo scientific discovery BS so we can argue about free energy and aliens. The worst of it is... it doesn't matter for us, and THEY know it!

buy,feed, get fat and die with honor LOL

posted on Dec, 17 2012 @ 04:55 PM
link   
reply to post by Sly1one

I am NOT saying the media needs to be banned..

I think venues like ATS hold the answer. And could someday cause the complete overall the media most certainly does need.

Live long ATS !

posted on Dec, 17 2012 @ 04:55 PM
link   
reply to post by Sly1one

star for you, I soooo agree with you !!!

posted on Dec, 17 2012 @ 05:03 PM
link   
reply to post by Sly1one

reply to post by Iwinder

Recently I like to use this one.

Christopher Waltz is an amazing actor.

posted on Dec, 17 2012 @ 08:25 PM
link   
Very well said. Thank you for posting, and sharing.

posted on Dec, 18 2012 @ 09:19 AM
link   
reply to post by randyvs

Christopher Waltz is following a script, I actually don't like him at all.

this video here is quite long 44:36 but worth watching

posted on Dec, 18 2012 @ 01:49 PM
link   
We have been without cable/dish TV for over 20 years now and proud of it.
We do have an antenna with a rotor and we can in fact dial into the news if need be.

In the last 20 years I can only recall three times actually seeking out the news channels.
Fist time was the original invasion of a sovereign nation called Iraq.
The second and third time was during isolated killer blizzards, I did not dial in for the deaths that did occur, but you would not believe how much time those deaths got on air instead of the actual weather situation.

We live in Canada and I will tell you the worst coverage we saw was CNN and they named our highways wrong and our cities wrong.

The only thing they got correct was the deaths........figures in my opinion.

Looking back on it all I was sucked in by the plastic palm trees and gas masks during the scud attacks.
Dirty Laundry indeed.

20 years wiser here,
Regards, Iwinder

posted on Dec, 18 2012 @ 03:12 PM
link   
Originally posted by Iwinder

Unbelievable and yet believable in earnest. Great post I.

edit on 18-12-2012 by randyvs because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join