It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Yoga programs in public schools face backlash

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 21 2012 @ 12:21 PM
link   
reply to post by Email

Please do not generalize
There are stupid and idiots all over the place including your nation. There are plenty of us in US who practice yoga.

posted on Dec, 21 2012 @ 12:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by NotAnAspie
Breathing exercises is one of the best things you can do for your health. Yoga is great for you. God did not say not to exercise, that's crazy.
edit on 21-12-2012 by NotAnAspie because: (no reason given)
That is what I'm advocating. Its just exercise of the simplest form with the most complex postures and techniques for the advanced practitioners.

posted on Feb, 16 2013 @ 08:49 AM
link   
I agree that practising yoga is really healthy.

I have been practising yoga and meditation for a while now.

Overally I am delighted with the results. My coordination, balance, ability to keep my mind calm, concentration and many other skills have improved significantly. This has affected my work results tremendously, as I am much more relaxed and there is less noise in my mind, which helps me think much clearer and solve problems faster.

I do not see a reason in it, why it should not be taught at schools. Same is with different memorising techniques, speed-reading, and speed-calculation (do not know the exact term in English for it) and so on. All of these are essential for getting faster, better results and these skills help people overally at life. Yet schools fail to teach any of those.

I personally believe one of the reasons for it is the industry behind these. Such trainings and programs bring in a lot of money and teaching these at schools would destroy these industries.

new topics

<< 1   >>

join