It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Giving voice to a fear.....

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 17 2012 @ 09:02 AM
link   
I've been debating whether to give voice to this and I've decided to go ahead and throw it out there because saying it won't change anything for those preparing to DO it. Those ready to kill or die this week have made their minds up and likely well before now. That is the problem and what prompts my thread here.

I don't know how this may or may not have played for the CT shooter, but I fear it may have ...and I fear we may see more of it this week as we head into Friday. What, you may ask?

I want everyone to consider something you may NOT have considered this way before. We are facing 12/21/12. The big one. The BIG Kahoona. This is the doom date of all doom dates ....and people believe it. SOME people 100% fully believe it. Single shelters and bunkers for THIS DATE have run into the hundreds of thousands of dollars. This is no joke.

^^^^ IF YOU BELIEVE THIS.....IF YOU BUY INTO THIS...IF YOU ARE AMONG THOSE WHO ARE SURE THIS IS HAPPENING....then you are 100% absolutely certain you have less than 1 week to live...and so does everyone else you see. We're all dead anyway....so what's it matter?

^^ I DO NOT FEEL THAT WAY. I want to make that so clear it vibrates like fine crystal. However. enough people DO feel that way, I fear, that things such as the CT shooting may happen more. If someone believes this really is the last week of life....SOME would go on a bucket list ...and SOME will go on a rampage.

It's amazing to consider that some believe the 2012/Dec 21st possibilities SO strongly that accepting death has actually happened for some. It's hard to believe....but then, so is a 1/4 million dollars for a bunker with only one purpose and one use.

- I think the important thing here is that while we don't alter plans or come to a stop from normal routines this week, everyone be ULTRA aware of everything and everyONE around them. If we DO have people running around that truly believe this week is "it"....it makes for a wildcard that doesn't normally exist in society and a real unstable one.

posted on Dec, 17 2012 @ 09:10 AM
link   
Any time there is a date set......especially this one, it makes for a self fulfilling prophesy.
I hope im wrong but i do believe that many see no light at the end of this tunnel and havent is a long time.

This is like a brush fire, once you spark it up its impossible to get under control till it burns its self out.

posted on Dec, 17 2012 @ 09:10 AM
link   
Unfortunately, you might be right. There are some people that think 'this is it".

I am not one of them, I have never thought the date was an accurate interpretation to begin with...and no where did the end of the 13th Baktun say the "end of time"...which is what I think most people originally thought it was...then all the other junk started flying as a reason for "the end of time"...

In the past, we have had countless "end of the world" type predictions. There has always been some small group that actually believed it. If this is more pronounced or more wide spread, we have the doom profiteers and the main stream media to thank for it. No fringe idea that I can think of in modern times has had quite so much attention.

So if there are people around the world thinking "the end of time is near"...well I guess say a prayer for them that they hold it together and don't completely lose touch with reality.

posted on Dec, 17 2012 @ 09:23 AM
link   
reply to post by Wrabbit2000

OP, great post. F/S.

I wish I had something factual to add, but I do not. But I can share how I feel about this, and I will do so.

I have, during my limited time here on planet earth, been in war zones with nothing but a PDA that I used for my writing. I have dangled from my fingers on the side of a cliff face. I have, I blush to admit, ridden the top of a car that was travelling 70 miles/hr just to say I had done it. I have ridden bulls in the rodeo. I have, through the course of my stupidy, done as many things which were life-threatening as challenged the supposed immortality of my youth. To that end, my outlook on life is somewhat non-standard.

We all die. It's a fact of life, and one day my luck will run out. I can worry about it, or I can live a life in a manner which (I hope) God would approve. When it is all over, hopefully, he will adjudge me worthy. I don't know for sure, and neither does anyone else. This I can say for sure, however:

Life is short. We all die. And if there is something you put off for later, just because it was crazy, how do you know that YOUR world won't end tomorrow? Or next week? Or while you're reading this?

Hug your kids. Kiss your wife. Find someone special and make them happy. Make you happy. Just in case there's a final judgement (I believe that evidence strongly supports this) be something other than an unmitigated ass while you do it.

Fear of pain is worse than pain. Fear of death is worse than death. Be.

posted on Dec, 17 2012 @ 09:41 AM
link   
From what I know of the Mayan calendar, which is minute compared to those who have truly studied it, the end of this calendar is the end of a cycle. A cycle in which humanity, the earth, the solar system or the galaxy enters a new one.

Possibly, it is the unknown factor of exactly 'what cycle' will we enter next. Is the earth to get a 'cleansing' as some would say, or will the next cycle ring forth with a new awareness as other believe? Only getting through the date 12/21 will tell for certain.

As you stated OP, there are those who have already decided upon their course of action and begun their journey down that path of destruction, while others prepare for 'doomsday' as our MSM attempts to make us believe.

Who is to say for sure what will transpire? IMO no one can know until the day after, but for those of us who attempt to think logically and critically, we will remain uncertain and secure in ourselves enough to remain vigilant when we go about our daily routines in the following days.

posted on Dec, 17 2012 @ 09:56 AM
link   
Well said Wrabbit. I have been thinking this same thing. I have already been keeping an eye on what and who is around me, and the way people talk and express themselves. Not in a paranoid way, but in a cautious way.

I truly hope things don't get too crazy over the next several days, and all this just kind of blows over with no more tragedy. Personally, I think the 22nd thru the end of the month is going to be key for those who get truly upset because we're all still here.

So be vigilant and watchful until the end of the year. S&F sir.

posted on Dec, 17 2012 @ 10:32 AM
link   

actually I think all but the "Star Searchers" are not giving the notion a thought.
12/21 doom is DOA

posted on Dec, 17 2012 @ 11:46 AM
link   
reply to post by Klassified

Wow, yeah, you're a step ahead of me on that one. I hadn't stopped to consider the people who have already given up in the certain knowledge that the end is near and they'll be okay. It might come as quite a devastating thing to wake up on the 22nd to nothing special having happened.

I think back to the movie Armageddon and the geologist on the team who gets a $100,000 loan from a mafia loan shark, figuring he isn't coming back anyway ...so might as well live it up. of course, the mission works and he DOES come back. I wonder how close that comes to some following the doom day that wasn't?

You're right..the days following could be as bad for pure human 'dumb' happening as these days prior. Merry Christmas eh? Why couldn't the Mayans have ended their stone tablet in July or August?

posted on Dec, 18 2012 @ 12:19 AM
link   

I am waiting for the next dooms day date.

posted on Dec, 18 2012 @ 01:30 AM
link   
I say poppycock. (can I say That?).

Please, I am certain that you could find someone in the real world who remembers stuff like this.

posted on Dec, 18 2012 @ 03:59 AM
link   
reply to post by herrw

Hi herrw, I agree. Best to live life to its fullest....make each day count..do random acts of kindness whenever possible.Always try and bring a smile to someones face or provide happiness in some way. We all die it's true. Life throws us a curve now and then and living can be the hard part. But, if one has lived their life well, tried to never hurt others and do as many good deeds as possible...that makes it all worth it!

I was out around town today and for the most part, folks seemed to be getting into the reason for the season. Surely, the Ct. tragedy is in the back of many minds...I almost feel guilty putting my decoration lites on but then i think...there are neighbor kids who will/are still enjoying such. If anything, we should still try to find what joy and beauty we can now and forever. I hope the doomsday stuff dosen't affect anyone to such an extent that they do ill to others....it could happen I suppose but hoping not. Louisiana where I'm at has had it's share off troubles but most are perservering and living life as best they can and that's a good thing!

I have always lived life to the fullest and will continue...when it's over, it's over but no one knows for sure when...I really believe that. Up until my MS kicked in, I had my own motorcycle, boat....about the only thing i haven't done yet is sky dive.
I plan to kiss my dog tonite, hug my kids and play with hubby...got the order of all that mixed up but anyways...
I plan to grip on to life with all fours, (like kitty does when she attacks my ankle)....until the fat lady sings and I'm not singin yet!
Anyone reading this with bad thoughts about the doomsday scenario, try and only let positive feelings take you over...life is short but there is still a long ways to go. It is what we make of it! Blessings and we will all be here for the New Year...In person or in spirit...we never really "end" ya know.

posted on Dec, 18 2012 @ 08:43 PM
link   
I used to feel that the response to these mystical end dates was hilarious to watch. It always amused me to watch people fear or eagerly anticipate these events that they believe are going to occur despite physical evidence contradicting them. Now I just find it sad, the world faces a legitimate threat to our species in the form of climate change over the next century or so and yet the media and crazies talk more about this 2012 malarkey.

posted on Dec, 19 2012 @ 02:06 AM
link   
You're right. This is the ultimate prophetic date.

But I just realized something after your reading your post...

This Friday is THE LAST prophecy for the apocalypse to happen. In 1999 there was Y2K, the "rapture" in '08 and '09, and 12/21/12.

Now the ONLY date left is the 21st.

What's even more interesting is that there are multiple ancient civilizations who spoke of this date, as well as the Cross of Hendaye and the Tibetan Time Wheel. Way too many things point to this date. And there are many, many signs around. Increased weather, cosmic (meteors, free particles), social, political, and economical concerns arising right around this time. I know you have heard this many many times before but because there are no future doomsday dates it's quite concerning to me.

Sure, because there are no future doomsday dates doesn't mean the apocalypse will happen on the 21st... but let me tell you this. Indigenous people like the Maya are so in tune with the world and their surroundings that they receive conscious knowledge... It's very hard to explain but their calendar demonstrates a blueprint of future cycles through a reciprocal relationship between humanity and Gaia.
edit on 19-12-2012 by kingster129 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 19 2012 @ 10:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by kingster129
You're right. This is the ultimate prophetic date.

But I just realized something after your reading your post...

This Friday is THE LAST prophecy for the apocalypse to happen. In 1999 there was Y2K, the "rapture" in '08 and '09, and 12/21/12.

Now the ONLY date left is the 21st.

What's even more interesting is that there are multiple ancient civilizations who spoke of this date, as well as the Cross of Hendaye and the Tibetan Time Wheel. Way too many things point to this date. And there are many, many signs around. Increased weather, cosmic (meteors, free particles), social, political, and economical concerns arising right around this time. I know you have heard this many many times before but because there are no future doomsday dates it's quite concerning to me.

Sure, because there are no future doomsday dates doesn't mean the apocalypse will happen on the 21st... but let me tell you this. Indigenous people like the Maya are so in tune with the world and their surroundings that they receive conscious knowledge... It's very hard to explain but their calendar demonstrates a blueprint of future cycles through a reciprocal relationship between humanity and Gaia.
edit on 19-12-2012 by kingster129 because: (no reason given)

And before all of those prophecies made there was probably nothing. After this day passes, another date will be named eventually. Some random historical event that has already happened will be distorted and another date will be made up.
edit on 19-12-2012 by phoenixlights321 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 19 2012 @ 11:12 PM
link   
Friday will ultimately just be another day, folks. Birds will chirp to the rising sun. Wind will blow through the trees. Kids will be busy making snow angels and engaging in snowball fights. People will attend work to and fro. In short, life will go on.

Just as it has after Heaven's Gate, Harold Camp, Blossom Goodchild, Jim Jones, and every other nutjob out there. Life will go on because it has to.
edit on 12/19/2012 by maria_stardust because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 20 2012 @ 05:55 AM
link   
To all those who truly believe in the end date......... would you be so kind to donate your valuables to a local charity on the 20th please

Thank you

top topics

join