It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ct. Police to Prosecute People Posting False News on the Shooting "In Any Manner"

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 17 2012 @ 11:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by boymonkey74
I suggest that this be moved to the hoax bin then.

I agree, the story is false.

posted on Dec, 17 2012 @ 11:48 AM
link   
reply to post by OneisOne

Thanks Oneisone for pointing me over to this thread which didn't show up in search. Without the edits it's far less ominous sounding. Almost sensible. I can't believe I'm saying this!

posted on Dec, 17 2012 @ 12:08 PM
link   
reply to post by Wrabbit2000

Thanks for posting the "edited" version of this video, does give me a little more perceptive on what the "intent" of the message might have been. It sure makes more sense why it is getting removed from public sight as much as possible, now that I have seen it, I understand why the OP thought it was important to share.

There does seem to be some potential for abuse here, surrounded by a horrific, emotional event that perhaps will open up a floodgate of reasonable speculation on the internet. I will say I have empathy for the families, police, military and medical workers that have to bare witness to this horror, in Ct. or anywhere else in the World...

If reasonable questions are not allowed to be asked, and answered, without threat of investigation at the discretion of "who knows who" ...I personally think lie detector tests should be given publically to anyone found to be involved in treason against the USA, and the World.

Those tests seem to be just wonderful when used by law enforcement, but some "slick" lawyers made them inadmisable in court, hmmmm, how special...
Bush and Cheany wouldn't even agree to a formal "lawful" inquiry about 9-11, and if I remember correctly insisted on both being present during thier "interview"......off the "legal" record...of course.....LOL.....they learned from the Clinton's...all total scumbags......

posted on Dec, 17 2012 @ 12:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by Asktheanimals

Thanks Oneisone for pointing me over to this thread which didn't show up in search. Without the edits it's far less ominous sounding. Almost sensible. I can't believe I'm saying this!

Now Now.....

Let's not be sensible!! I'll begin to believe we've entered the Twilight Zone!

In all seriousness, I'm trying to find a transcript of this morning's press conference, plus more information. From the various mentions on news sites it seems someone or someones posted information that the authorities deemed relevant and then followed up on only to find out the person/person's had hoaxed it.

I think it is something akin to when Howard Stern's cohort hoaxed the media after the Aurora shooting giving them false info. But I think in this case, they were giving the information to the police.

The big thing that has me questioning this story is, I can't find any news report on it directly. Just mentions here and there. With everyone reporting the statement against social media posts, no one is reporting what drove him to say it. I'm finding that odd.

[ETA @ 1:36pm EST]

Just found this news story and this probably covers the "making threats" part of the press conference.

A student was arrested for making an online threat against a Bristol school, officials said Sunday.

Police told WFSB that the student was taken into custody Sunday night and that the incident is under investigation. The student told police that the threat was a joke. He was released to his parents.

www.stamfordadvocate.com

Still haven't found a news story that covers the "misleading" info part.
edit on 17-12-2012 by OneisOne because: Add threat story @ 1:36pm EST

posted on Dec, 17 2012 @ 02:38 PM
link   
You cant be prosecuted for using your first amendment rights.

posted on Dec, 17 2012 @ 02:53 PM
link   
On that note-

Betcha a Ben Franklin 100 USD they are Kin.
Its not my fault truth is stranger than fiction.

Cyrus Vance
Vance was born in Clarksburg, West Virginia.[2] He graduated from Kent School in 1935[2] and earned a bachelor's degree in 1939 from Yale University,[2] where he was a member of the secret society Scroll and Key. He also earned three varsity letters in ice hockey at Yale. He graduated from Yale Law School in 1942.[2]
Vance served in the United States Navy as a gunnery officer on the destroyer USS Hale (DD-642) until 1946, and then joined the law firm Simpson Thacher & Bartlett in New York City,[2] before entering government services.
Link

2 Eyes are truly better than 1 even if that one eye is all seeing.

posted on Dec, 17 2012 @ 03:06 PM
link   
reply to post by Trexter Ziam

# it, lets start going down the line and prosecuting all disinfo sources, dating back to 1900.

That should be good...

posted on Dec, 17 2012 @ 11:51 PM
link   
It's fun to watch them throw the constitution right in the garbage,

they Used this false flag not only to destroy the second amendment

but apparently also to charge after the first,

ahh well had to happen sooner or later i suppose.

posted on Dec, 18 2012 @ 12:08 AM
link   

Again, all information relative to this case is coming from these microphones and any information coming from other sources cannot be confirmed and, in many cases, it has been found as inaccurate.

Sounds like somebody doesn't want the official story being challenged.

posted on Dec, 18 2012 @ 09:57 AM
link   

I will be countering the "realness" of this shooting along with Aurora till I die. If the Ct. Police want to come arrest me they can. Freedom of Speech is dying and more freedoms are dying with it. People may not want a Revolution, but They keep pushing Us that way.

posted on Dec, 18 2012 @ 09:59 AM
link   

Its called free speech.
CT cops - Get over it.

posted on Dec, 18 2012 @ 04:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by boymonkey74
Just a question who and why edited the OP's vid? for what purpose?

To make there be a conspiracy where there is none.

posted on Dec, 18 2012 @ 06:15 PM
link   

This it to scare the eye witnesses and prevent them from telling what they know. What other purpose can it serve/ heck we're still debating the Kennedy assassinations. Did it ever hurt the investigation? What better person to use as an example than a reporter who will undoubtedly recant what happened.
edit on 18-12-2012 by Bilk22 because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join