It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ct. Police to Prosecute People Posting False News on the Shooting "In Any Manner"

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 17 2012 @ 09:06 AM
link   
Just a question who and why edited the OP's vid? for what purpose?

posted on Dec, 17 2012 @ 09:07 AM
link   
The video has been removed, so wasn't able to watch it. From what I can gather this was directed toward anyone claiming to be the shooter, or anyone who knowingly gives false information that may hinder thier investigation.

This seems perfectly reasonable to me, if a person is cruel enough to do this as some sort of "twisted" joke and it wastes the police's time.....it doesn't seem to be aimed at people who are discussing what happened or asking questions.

posted on Dec, 17 2012 @ 09:09 AM
link   
reply to post by boymonkey74

to stir up more of a conspiracy!
sad realy as the facts are already a mish mash of hearsay and unrelenting journalists gerning to get the snoop!

posted on Dec, 17 2012 @ 09:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by boymonkey74

Good question ! I was wondering the same thing?

posted on Dec, 17 2012 @ 09:11 AM
link   
reply to post by GezinhoKiko

Maybe the guy who edited the vid to make it look like something it isn't should be found eh?

posted on Dec, 17 2012 @ 09:13 AM
link   

reply to post by Wrabbit2000

Dude the OP's vid edited out what really was said.
Not You OP just the the vid.

We forgive you wabbit
tired pal?
edit on 17-12-2012 by boymonkey74 because: (no reason given)

Umm... I saw this yesterday and commented about the same one then. I watched Captain America there make his threat to prosecute "Disinformation" then. Just duplicating the sentiment for the new repeat of the story.
Personally? I don't see an asterix at Free Speech and the mere suggestion of attacking those who would discuss events...in any way we see fit...DOES infuriate me on a deep level. Younger people raised in today's schools might even believe that fool has a leg to stand on.

posted on Dec, 17 2012 @ 09:14 AM
link   

For exactly the purpose you see in this thread. To generate a reaction against the authorities handling the case. To try and create a sense of censorship that throws the whole situation under a conspiracy spotlight. It is trollery pure and simple.

The above is not directed at the OP or anyone in this thread. The OP just passed along something of interest and members reacted to it.

posted on Dec, 17 2012 @ 09:15 AM
link   
I suggest that this be moved to the hoax bin then.

posted on Dec, 17 2012 @ 09:16 AM
link   

I agree.

posted on Dec, 17 2012 @ 09:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by Trexter Ziam

I agree.

Title:
Ct. Police to Prosecute People Posting False News on the Shooting "In Any Manner"

The Cop does say that...

Not a Hoax..

posted on Dec, 17 2012 @ 09:20 AM
link   
reply to post by Dustytoad

I think some of what you are addressing could have been driven by what happened next in the transcript.

UNIDENTIFIED FEMALE: Has a very specific timeline of how this event happened. I'm wondering if you can, in fact, confirm that timeline that is being reported in great detail by the "Hartford Courant."

VANCE: Very good question. I'm the only one speaking about this case to every member of the media. I cannot state heavily enough I have not and will not put out a timeline in this criminal investigation as it is under way. It is inappropriate. We will not do that.

Any sources that are putting out any kind of information like that does not come from the official investigating agency, the Connecticut State Police assisted by the Newtown Police Department. We will not put that out as the investigation is ongoing. I have not read it. I can tell you that. We have not put out any timeline information.

If someone is putting out information that the police doesn't want released because it could harm the investigation, that maybe could be obstruction? I honestly don't know for sure.

posted on Dec, 17 2012 @ 09:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by OneisOne

If someone is putting out information that the police doesn't want released because it could harm the investigation, that maybe could be obstruction? I honestly don't know for sure.

It sounds more like a cover up from that part sorry.. Just wait for their released timeline that shows he had the rifle inside the whole time..

Meanwhile, unless these people are knowingly spreading false information to the cops directly it's not obstruction.

Explain how it harms the investigation in relation to a time line, which seems to be his main gripe. Unless maybe their whole investigation is internet based? But that get's pretty shady in the law.. Seems they could use this to spread the Idea that the entire internet is an ongoing crime scene...

Still they are focusing on knowingly obstructing justice, and for that I AGREE with the Cop.

posted on Dec, 17 2012 @ 09:32 AM
link   
Well that sounds about right.

Murder of unborn babies = chivalry.
Authorities beating and murdering defenseless people and animals = bravery.
Filming authorities = terrorism.
Discussing their activities is lying and criminal.

"The thought police would get him just the same. He had committed--would have committed, even if he had never set pen to paper--the essential crime that contained all others in itself. Thoughtcrime, they called it. Thoughtcrime was not a thing that could be concealed forever. You might dodge successfully for a while, even for years, but sooner or later they were bound to get you."

posted on Dec, 17 2012 @ 09:33 AM
link   
Personally, my opinion is that those media outlets that were claiming "unconfirmed reports" just to justify sling bullsh!t should be fined and penalized. Look at the madness they created. They got away with saying whatever they felt like caused the most shock and awe by tagging it "unconfirmed" and we all know we have a certain percentage of the population that gobbled it all up like fact.

These were the "information" criminals in my opinion.

But yeah, if these folks that are pretending to be the killer or associated with the killer think this is funny...throw the book at them.

However, conversation and speculation does not seem to be part of this statement. I think most people talked about theorized about it (even conspiracy theories) as a way to deal with something that was difficult or impossible to wrap your brain around.

posted on Dec, 17 2012 @ 09:35 AM
link   
Okay, this is the Press Conference I watched yesterday and responded to...this embed isn't disabled and appears in This Thread

Now perhaps my lying ears may deceive me...and I can see the clip from an edit in time as clear as day...but it doesn't change what he DID say and his words are his own. He may well have been clarifying that....I don't really care. The choice of words he used and the sentiment behind them rang clear and true enough to my hearing ...whether they clipped further explanation or not. CYA to cover a bad statement doesn't unring the bell ...and he rang the bell with a hammer, IMO.
edit on 17-12-2012 by Wrabbit2000 because: minor correction.

posted on Dec, 17 2012 @ 09:35 AM
link   

Excuse me but what is there to investigate? The killer is dead. He acted alone. He hated his mother (the gun-toting conspiracy survivalist who did/didn't work at the school) and then he killed everyone else and then shot his masked self. To suggest anything else is a conspiracy. Are you saying the police are conspiracy nuts?

They have the whole thing tied up nicely with a bow and people like those on ATS keep tugging at the ribbon. Tugging at loose threads is a CRIME!

posted on Dec, 17 2012 @ 09:45 AM
link   
Oops...double post for some reason....sorry...
edit on 12/17/2012 by Jeremiah65 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 17 2012 @ 09:58 AM
link   
reply to post by Jeremiah65

The scary thing about all that is....how many millions of Americans were flipping the channels to catch every word of that speculation? How many may have shut off channels that were too boring by NOT giving in to wild speculation?

I think media only delivers what people want. In fact, they pretty well have to. Their whole revenue model on ratings is about feeding us what we most want for breakfast lunch and dinner. In this case? I guess question marks and bad info was on the plate...and it got eaten like everything else.

edit on 17-12-2012 by Wrabbit2000 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 17 2012 @ 10:05 AM
link   
Here is the latest news from our local paper.

www.ctpost.com...

posted on Dec, 17 2012 @ 10:08 AM
link   
reply to post by Trexter Ziam

Who is this man who thinks he is going to prosecute the internet

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join