It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Anonymous targets Westboro Baptist over threats of Newtown protest

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 18 2012 @ 11:49 AM
link   
reply to post by AlchemistSwami

My immediate reaction, BRAVO!, if anyone can threaten and dismantle the WBC it is Anonymous, what a perfect situation to chime in on, I give them a standing ovation and would offer them any assistance if I could.

posted on Dec, 18 2012 @ 11:56 AM
link   

I guess how I feel about it is that geez-this is really inappropriate for these so called Baptists. The parents of these small children, and families of the adults killed are in so much pain I don't think they much care. If it were me, I'd need to be drugged and dragged out of the car just to attend the funeral. I wouldn't even notice WBC's stupid signs.
Maybe they should get some kind of compromise, if they have permission to picket. Maybe they could picket in town or near the church, school or whatever but not on the actual campus. As a believing Christian, I am ashamed of these people. Disgust is not a fruit of the spirit! I think that after years of being taunted by unbelievers who proudly think we are stupid and parade their nakedness all over the place-I think they sort of cracked.

posted on Dec, 18 2012 @ 12:36 PM
link   

Westboro Baptist Church is a cancer in our society! I hope you will all help by signing this petition.
Petition

posted on Dec, 18 2012 @ 12:41 PM
link   

if westboro protest that school i will personaly drive there from kc and start whippin peoples asses

as im sure alot of others would

posted on Dec, 18 2012 @ 12:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by AfterInfinity
My opinion? I think it's time for the police to put their "ridiculous arrest" tendencies to good use. Just for one day. Find a technical infraction and break up the stupidity long enough for the families and friends to mourn in peace. I think they can do that much.

Seriously, if you're gonna arrest someone for something stupid, this would be the time, place, and people to do it with. Lock them up for about 8 hours, and let them go. Show them that this tragedy is NOT an opportunity for them to push their stupid agenda, and that we won't allow it. We have to put our foot down sometime, the police have to put their foot down sometime, and now would be the perfect reason and opportunity to shake them a little and say, "No, bad dog. That's a bad boy. Go lie down."

Star for you!!

This is the first thing that crossed my mind. Hopefully Law Enforcement does the right thing. I have no feelings toward anonymous. But after checking out this WBC's website, I seriously was angered. Freedom of speech is one thing. Being an organized Hate cult is another. I have faith (not religous faith) just faith in human morality, that certain groups will do the right thing if these WBC maggots show up spewing their hate.

It's sickening to think that groups like this exist.

posted on Dec, 18 2012 @ 01:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by milkyway12

I cannot stand Anonymous. They suck horribly at most of their hacker "projects" and they get absolutely NOTHING done. Why? Because they are a bunch of 15 year olds that don't know their ass from their face.

I cannot stand this group. Nor can i stand Westboro.

Horrible just mixed with horrible.

---

Unlike these Anonymous idiots, Westboro has a RIGHT to assemble. So, my hatred for Anonymous is growing. Who the HELL, do they think they are that they can subvert the Constitution and put people in danger because of their constitutional rights?

My Bible, and the Constitution is the ONLY books i can think of that are worth dying for. I hope these anonymous idiots are killed, not arrested but killed for their subversion of my constitution, hell, i would do it myself. Damn they piss me off.
edit on 18-12-2012 by milkyway12 because: (no reason given)

How is anonymous subverting the Constitution? I mean, if you're going to hope for the death of American Citizens or state that you would perpetrate murder on them yourself, at least given the Constitution a cursory glance, maybe just once. Honestly, I don't believe you are a US citizen or a Christian, because what you're saying indicates a thorough lack of understanding of either "book" you are willing to die/kill for.

While I'm not personally concerned about your propensity to murder (I'll leave that to the FBI, who I'm hoping come across your post before you hurt someone), I would like an explanation of how anonymous is subverting the Constitution.

As to why you have so much hate for Anonymous, yet not for WBC, I'll just say that m while you have a right to your opinion, I feel that your views, combined with your bloodlust for a group trying to uphold Christian moral principals in a non-violent way, should be viewed as fitting the serial killer profile all too well. You should not be jailed, or stopped from voicing your opinion, but authorities should probably be keeping an eye on you, so that maybe the next mass-killing can be stopped.

Sorry, but everything about what you posted strikes me as vile, evil, confused, and unstable.

posted on Dec, 18 2012 @ 04:11 PM
link   
eeep wrong thread, sorry
edit on 18-12-2012 by 1/2 Nephilim because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 18 2012 @ 04:32 PM
link   
reply to post by dogstar23

You are very naive of human nature, I mean, I cannot put it into words how much history you are missing. When I said Anonymous members should be killed, that was out of frustration that they intimidate and put people's lives in danger because they did something they do not agree with.

Why do you think Anonymous put these people's names, numbers, and addresses out in public for? So we can go shake their hand and thank them for their disgusting protests? No, they put them up hoping death or harm would come to those people exercising their constitutional right.

That is why I said Anonymous members should die. Yes, eye for an eye is not preached, however, I am not perfect and get frustrated with everyone spitting on the Constitution.

----

The only time a killing should take place is in self defense, in defense of another, and war. I do not actually want to kill them, but I wanted to put across Anonymous has committed a conspiracy of murder by releasing their private and personal details.

However, you are obviously to naive to understand and my words to harsh.

You, sir, are most likely a Liberal.

----

By the way, I could care less if the FBI is watching. They can go ahead and list me as a typical southern fighting man.

In the South, it's a different world. There are school prayers, pledge of allegiance, sport prayers, guns in most homes, church on every corner, respect, oh, and the most important, tradition.

----

The world can change, however, the Bible remains the same and does not change. Neither should the Constitution. There is a VERY good reason it is the way it is.

posted on Dec, 18 2012 @ 07:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by skeeterslint
These people are more then a cult they are a hate group that incorporated themselves as a church to shield themselves from being labeled as a hate group.They are not practicing religion they are practicing hate. That would be like the KKK reforming themselves as the Church of the KKK then would it be OK for them to have "mass" about hating and blacks and jews as long as they threw in some things about God?

Totally agree. They are vile, nasty, hateful creatures, and I really am glad that I have not encountered them in public. I would probably do something quite illegal in response to their actions.

Legally, the KKK, or the NBPP, or any other such group, can pretty much SAY what they want, and as long as they are not encouraging violence, it's legal. Of course, if you are a member of the NBPP, under this administration, you can condone and promote violence, as well, and nothing is done. Things like calling for the killing of "white babies", or putting out a hit on Zimmerman, for example. That sort of thing is where the legal line is supposed to be drawn, and should be drawn. Neither of those groups, though, calls themselves a church. How the WBC people managed to do so, I would LOVE to know!

posted on Dec, 18 2012 @ 07:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by elysiumfire
It's no concern of mine whether they are affiliated to other baptist groups or not, I view all religions as cults, and I do not vary that perception. They themselves believe they are baptists, and on that issue, I will treat them as baptists, allbeit, an extreme fundamentalist form. The umbrage you take by them adopting the term baptist is duly noted. Is it possible for you to note, I am not to blame for them doing so?

Well, fair enough. For me, in this situation, a cult is a group that purports to be of one particular religion, and yet is something else entirely. Of course, there are other sorts of cults. There is a website called cultwatch that has some very good data on the topic. No, you aren't to blame; I simply wanted to point out that no real Baptist church would claim those morons.

Originally posted by LadyGreenEyes
I think those people are vile, and despicable, but they still have a right to practice religion...

Just as long as it doesn't use the name of baptist, is that it. You don't want to curtail their form of worship, just their particular brand name for it. Do you know how to spell hypocrisy?

No, that isn't hypocrisy. That's respecting that people have different views, and that we don't always have to agree to allow each their own opinion. If we pick and choose who can believe what, then we risk ALL losing their freedom of religion. It's a tightrope walk, to be sure, but we must be careful not to lose freedom for all, in any control measures set. The idea of hate speech laws are a threat to all freedoms. The problem is that those apply arbitrarily, depending on the whims of the moment, and whatever group is the PC one to protect at any given time.

*snip*Are you free to kill without consequence? Are you free to steal from some other without consequence? Are you free to offend without consequence? The answers to these questions is 'no', you are not free from consequence.

Of course there are sensible restrictions. We can't threaten violence, or cause harm (like yelling "fire" in a theater, etc.), but there is no right to not be offended. If there was, then no one would have any real freedom at all. I am personally offended by a LOT of things that are completely legal, but I can't simply demand that all those people lose their rights. Stealing and killing remove rights from another, while saying something does not.

So you don't agree with freedom of speech?

Yes, I most certainly do, but not without an eye towards consequence. You would not walk down Harlem in New York wearing a placard with the writing "I hate Ni**ers!" no matter how much you believed in free speech. It is an extreme example I use from 'Die Hard 3' to illustrate the prudence of ethical censorship, it often saves us from ourselves.

Great movie, and a great example. I would certainly not do such a thing, but in reality, one does have the RIGHT to do something like that. One does not have toe right to attack another simply because they disagree with something that person says, or a slogan on a t-shirt (or sandwich board). Courtesy and respect should be taught, but they cannot be regulated.

I think them doing what they do is horrible, but they still have a right to speak as they choose.

It may seem very noble of you to uphold their right to offend, but it is a misguided sensibility. If they went to picket and protest for whatever at Newtown, declaring that it is God's judgement upon the children, I would have no hesitation in curtailing their speech. if I was one of the parents, there would be no way I would allow them to desecrate the memory of my child. If hate, leading to incitement, is the theme of your speech, you do not have a right to publicly annouce it...it is excluded from the 1st amendment which protects against unconstitutional censorship.

Many thanks for your comments. Peace.

Well, as I stated, I would probably act myself. I DO think there should be reasonable limits on picketing at a funeral. Such actions can cause real harm to the mourners. Plus, they do incite violence by their actions at such occasions, though that violence would be directed at them. Picketing on a street corner someplace, though, even if it's how they do it, should not be curtailed. As a parent, I agree; I would not allow them there. I might even be arrested for my actions.

Thanks for sensible debate! I suspect we aren't as far apart on this as you might think.

posted on Dec, 18 2012 @ 07:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by milkyway12

I cannot stand Anonymous. They suck horribly at most of their hacker "projects" and they get absolutely NOTHING done. Why? Because they are a bunch of 15 year olds that don't know their ass from their face.

I cannot stand this group. Nor can i stand Westboro.

Horrible just mixed with horrible.

---

Unlike these Anonymous idiots, Westboro has a RIGHT to assemble. So, my hatred for Anonymous is growing. Who the HELL, do they think they are that they can subvert the Constitution and put people in danger because of their constitutional rights?

My Bible, and the Constitution is the ONLY books i can think of that are worth dying for. I hope these anonymous idiots are killed, not arrested but killed for their subversion of my constitution, hell, i would do it myself. Damn they piss me off.

Did you miss that part about vengeance belonging to God? He knows what people do, and HE will take care of those that use His name to act like the WBC bunch acts. As for the others, well, if they break the laws, let the law punish them. You can't claim to support the Constitution, and certainly not the Bible, and talk about having people killed.

I can understand the anger, but remember what God's laws, and the laws of the land, state. There WILL be justice, and we don't have to dish it out.

posted on Dec, 19 2012 @ 03:01 AM
link   
I can't quite put it into words, but there is something spooky about the USA at the moment.
From other nations you seem all to be imploding over the execution of children.
As if its some intellectual constitutional exercise to be debated.
The fact is money was the reasion asn is the reason there are no armed security in public places and schools.
Easy targets ...instead of protecting the vulnerable ...money is the reason schools are left open to demented murderous people.
Instead of debating about magazine sizes...how about gatehouses with armed guard or guards.
Nah costs too much.
The GOD here is money and none of you can see it.

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join