It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Two wounded in theater shooting in Texas

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 17 2012 @ 12:26 AM
link   
The latest in a string of copy cat shootings? The 2nd Amendment is going to be the topic of debate for a while. I'm waiting for the UN to make an official statement on what they intend to do to prevent such a future occurrance.
MySanAntonio

posted on Dec, 17 2012 @ 12:30 AM
link   
reply to post by GoldenRuled

they need to make a virtual reality device for mentally disturbed people who have urges to kill so they can use the device to get their psychotic episodes out of the way, instead of killing actual people.

posted on Dec, 17 2012 @ 12:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by GoldenRuled
I'm waiting for the UN to make an official statement on what they intend to do to prevent such a future occurrance.

PREVENT?

I got the impression that all of this was part of the UN's agenda...

Any talk of prevention would simply be another piece of the facade.

posted on Dec, 17 2012 @ 12:37 AM
link   
reply to post by Donahue

Its called a TV and xbox.
edit on 17-12-2012 by GoldenRuled because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 17 2012 @ 12:41 AM
link   

im talking about something where they feel as if its real. all plugged into your nervous system. tv and video games don't satisfy a disturbed individual. they need to feel the physical, adrenaline rush and satisfaction. obviously thats why they kill in real life because they get off on it. this way they can kill all day and think its real and not have to kill anyone in real life.

posted on Dec, 17 2012 @ 12:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by Donahue

they need to make a virtual reality device for mentally disturbed people who have urges to kill so they can use the device to get their psychotic episodes out of the way, instead of killing actual people.

How about we do what we used to... stick them in an institution with 24-hour surveillance. If someone admits to having constant urges to kill... it's time for the padded room and the hug-yourself jacket.

It's not the UN I am anticipating preventing anything...

I am predicting an upsurge in gun purchases and CCW permits being issued. I predict the American people will get fed-up and bring this to an end relatively soon.

But then again, that is assuming that there isn't more to all these shootings and media coverage than we are aware of...

Originally posted by GoldenRuled I'm waiting for the UN to make an official statement on what they intend to do to prevent such a future occurrance.
MySanAntonio

How about they officially decide to get their noses out of America's business. If the mass majority of American people want certain guns outlawed, we will do it ourselves. If we decide we like things the way they are, good luck forcing us to do anything.
edit on 17-12-2012 by YouAreLiedTo because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 17 2012 @ 12:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by GoldenRuled
Its called a TV and xbox.

Made me laugh...

Then after a few seconds I realized, its actually TRUE!

posted on Dec, 17 2012 @ 01:21 AM
link   
Am I the only one to find it interesting that the name of the theater has the MAYAN PALACE within its title? Or is it I am too cynical / conspiratal freak?

posted on Dec, 17 2012 @ 01:28 AM
link   
if we stopped giving these loonies air time in the press there would be far less copycats as when ever there is one shooting it usualy is followed up by a rash of copycats

posted on Dec, 17 2012 @ 01:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by mcsandy
Am I the only one to find it interesting that the name of the theater has the MAYAN PALACE within its title? Or is it I am too cynical / conspiratal freak?

Touche!

However, your username *is* Mcsandy... so from same logical stream....

(not a personal dig!)

posted on Feb, 7 2013 @ 01:58 AM
link   
reply to post by auroraaus

Thanks for the reply.

I have just found the email string where resplies are notated for further dialogue......

I would have thought to have heard more of it because of the name as well as the timing. I also thought it would become more front and center; here if anywhere. Especially because of the various neferious attacks/murders in other public facilities.

There may be I am sure - just may have pulled away since 12-21 came and gone.

cheers!

top topics

join