It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Nancy Lanza Collected Guns in Preparation for Economic Collapse

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 16 2012 @ 09:34 PM
link   

The mother of the gunman who killed 20 children and seven adults in America’s worst school massacre, was a gun-proud “survivalist” preparing for economic collapse, it has emerged.

Nancy Lanza, whose gun collection was raided by her son Adam for Friday’s massacre at Sandy Hook school, was part of the “prepper” movement, which urges readiness for social chaos by hoarding supplies and training with weapons.

This is the Link

Link to a Telegraph UK, additional legimate news source on this story. provided by ArrowUW
edit on 12/16/2012 by truthinfact because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 16 2012 @ 09:38 PM
link   
......this is a legitimate news source.
edit on 12/16/2012 by truthinfact because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 16 2012 @ 09:38 PM
link   
She was a prepper, here it comes US ready to go into melt down.

posted on Dec, 16 2012 @ 09:43 PM
link   
Where is the other thread?

posted on Dec, 16 2012 @ 09:47 PM
link   
reply to post by surrealist

oh my god they have deleted it... what the hell? these are legitimate news sources.....

posted on Dec, 16 2012 @ 09:50 PM
link   
Here: www.telegraph.co.uk...

Maybe this is considered "legit"

posted on Dec, 16 2012 @ 09:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by truthinfact

oh my god they have deleted it... what the hell? these are legitimate news sources.....

Well we have a similar story running here in Australian news feed.

Nancy Lanza 'may have triggered son Adam Lanza's gun rampage'

THE mother of the loner who massacred 26 pupils and staff at a US primary school may have played a major part in his catastrophic mental breakdown, it emerged last night.

Friends and family portrayed Adam Lanza's mother Nancy as a paranoid "survivalist" who believed the world was on the verge of violent, economic collapse.

She had been stockpiling food, water and guns in the large home she shared with her 20-year-old son in Connecticut.

Mrs Lanza, 52, was a "prepper" - so called because they are preparing for a breakdown in civilised society who apparently became obsessed with guns and taught Adam and his older brother, Ryan, how to shoot, even taking them to local ranges.

That backfired horrifically on Friday when Adam Lanza began his killing spree by shooting his mother dead in bed.

He fired four bullets into her head possibly as she slept then took three of her guns to Sandy Hook elementary school in Newtown, Connecticut, where he killed 20 children and six staff.

Lanza's aunt Marsha said Nancy was "self reliant" and that they talked a lot about how she was preparing for the economic meltdown.

She said her former sister-in-law was meticulous about never leaving guns out, but made no secret of having an imposing firearm collection.

It included not only the two handguns and semi-automatic assault rifle used in the killings but also two traditional hunting rifles.
She would boast about them in a local bar and also showed them off to her landscape gardener.

Note they are making her out to be some kind of crazy paranoid nutter. So anyone preparing for economic collapse or similar breakdown of society is going to be ostracised and ridiculed.

posted on Dec, 16 2012 @ 09:59 PM
link   
Almost predictable if you believe everything is a false flag.

Autistic children would be quite impressed and depressed

by a divorcee obsessed with the end of the world...and he

got the asperger's gene from someone...

Anyone notice from the same article linked to on Drudgereport

that the young Adam looks like Alex (young Malcolm McDowell)

- you know, from the movie 'Clockwork Orange'?

posted on Dec, 16 2012 @ 10:01 PM
link   
This is a scary development. There going to try and make preppers nut jobs. This whole family was just unstable. Thats all that's to it.
edit on 16-12-2012 by camaro68ss because: (no reason given)

edit on 16-12-2012 by camaro68ss because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 16 2012 @ 10:09 PM
link   
I just walked into my room mates room to ask him if his gun collection was required to be locked in a safe, which is how he stores them. He was sitting in bed reading an article about how many preppers there are in this part of the world, something like 27%. I just didn't have the heart to mention this story. He said only handguns are required to be under lock but rifles he can hang on his wall if he wants.

posted on Dec, 16 2012 @ 10:21 PM
link   
I think he may have been a product of his environment. It's not unreasonable to expect the apple to fall far from the tree, be it genetics or, as said, a product of his upbringing/environment. Not that I don't think there isn't more to the story, but it could be a contributing factor.

If one is raised in an off kilter environment, one is susceptible to become off kilter. Not that "ordinary" families and homes don't produce a crazy here and there, but all the same, we more often then not, are influenced by how we are raised and live, and this can of course contribute to who we are, what we think, what we feel, and how others can influence us outside of the home.

posted on Dec, 16 2012 @ 10:26 PM
link   
It's not legitimate if it starts out with false information:

America’s worst school massacre

Bath School Disaster

That one *might* be the worst.

Otherwise, let's just try to place blame wherever it fits at the moment, and as conspiratists, tie everything together from *preppers* to MKUltra, to the secret ingredient in twinkies.

If anything, *they* will use the fact that she *collected* guns as a reason why guns should be outlawed.That's it.

It's all a bunch of BS anyway, though....
edit on 16-12-2012 by Liquesence because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 16 2012 @ 10:29 PM
link   
What I think is interesting is that the ex wife of a CEO and tax director for GE financial would be preparing for a economic and financial collapse..

posted on Dec, 16 2012 @ 10:34 PM
link   
The many labels so far,
Survivalist,
gun owners,
Gamer,
Genius,
Asperger syndrome,
autism,
loner,
computer geek,

any I haven't thought of?

posted on Dec, 16 2012 @ 10:36 PM
link   

'Paranoid' about an economic collapse?

How about PREPARED?
Anyone with their head not deep within their anal crevice can see that an economic collapse is past due.

That aside... All this ANTI-GUN sentiment is being pushed by media owned by people who perpetrate and perpetuate violence to make more money... "Order out of Chaos".

You who think those forms of news sites are 'credible' or 'legit'.
Maybe you should lower your fluoride intake and wake up.

posted on Dec, 16 2012 @ 10:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by Stormdancer777
The many labels so far,
Survivalist,
gun owners,
Gamer,
Genius,
Asperger syndrome,
autism,
loner,
computer geek,

any I haven't thought of?

Waiting for ATS member.......

posted on Dec, 16 2012 @ 11:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by itsallintheegg

'Paranoid' about an economic collapse?

How about PREPARED?
Anyone with their head not deep within their anal crevice can see that an economic collapse is past due.

That aside... All this ANTI-GUN sentiment is being pushed by media owned by people who perpetrate and perpetuate violence to make more money... "Order out of Chaos".

You who think those forms of news sites are 'credible' or 'legit'.
Maybe you should lower your fluoride intake and wake up.

Dude you directing that at me? I'm trying to say the same thing you are!

posted on Dec, 17 2012 @ 12:39 AM
link   
reply to post by Stormdancer777

The weirdest thing was reading that he was autistic (which i guess turns out he was really aspergers, or hell, probably nothing like that). Today autistic and aspergers is thrown around by young people like ADD used to be. I always used to see people talk about 4chan users as autistic loners. Like ten years ago, what it meant to be austistic, was to be highly disabled, locked in your own world, etc. An austistic person as they used to be know couldn't drive a car, or aim a weapon with this precision. I understand there are high functioning autistics, but I don't know.

Conspiracy or not, media bungle or not, there are a lot of kids that won't get to grow up to have hobbies and things they enjoy and it sucks. People are interesting and the more the merrier, I don't care what the gloomy population control/need less sheeple people think. It's a tragedy and I hate it.

top topics

join