It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Just a random thought about the last human

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 16 2012 @ 09:01 PM
link   
I was just reading about the year 2038 problem for 32-bit computers, not like many 32-bit computers will still be running then but on January 19th 2038 the dates will loop back to December 19th 1901
en.wikipedia.org...

64-bit computers also have a similar problem but this does not occur for another 292 billion years on December 4th 292,277,026,596.

This got me thinking will the human race still exist in even 1% of that time and would you want to know the exact time and date that the last humanbeing dies?
edit on 16-12-2012 by NeoSpace because: (no reason given)

edit on 16-12-2012 by NeoSpace because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 16 2012 @ 09:04 PM
link   

would you want the know the exact time and date that the last humanbeing dies?

As long as it's not me...I'm good.

Peace

posted on Dec, 16 2012 @ 09:38 PM
link   
reply to post by NeoSpace

I have actually had that thought several times while reading the 12/21/12 threads. Someone would have to be the last human alive....how terrible! I can't even fathom someone coming to the realization that it was over and that they were all that was left of the human race. Odds are it would be an astronaut who go to witness the demise of the entire planet he/she once called home. A scary thing to contemplate.

posted on Dec, 16 2012 @ 09:51 PM
link   
We could go now. I wouldn't miss us.

Man has wrecked the planet, the water, the air, the rain forests, the food. He has slaughtered everything that stood in his way for profit or sport and slapped a patent on everything including the genes that make you you.

He rapes his women, murders his brother, buggers his children and bombs people who've never done a damn thing to him, then goes to church on Sunday and it's all better.

He builds and sculpts and paints monstrosities for which fools pay millions while masterpieces in Europe scream for restoration.

He pays athletes millions to toss balls around and quibbles over what he'll pay surgeons and scientists and innovators.

He manipulates commodities for profit, charges usurious interest rates while paying absurd interest rates to his clients and collects gargantuan bonuses after his companies go bankrupt.

pause for breathe

. . . . . then goes to church on Sunday and it's all better.

We could go now. I wouldn't miss us.

top topics

join