It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Let's Predict The Next Shooting Based On This Trend...

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 16 2012 @ 04:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by jiggerj

Originally posted by chefc14
I hope I'm wrong. I worry about my family as anyone else would. I wish I could let my kids take their semi auto .25 pistols to school with them. They're trained to use them and I'm confident they wouldn't have any accidents with them.

You are confident that your "children" wouldn't have any accidents with guns? Do you not understand the concept of children learning through mistakes?

Kids have accidents.
Kids make mistakes.
Kids yield to peer pressure.
Kids like showing off.
Kids sometimes lose control.
Kids sometimes read a situation wrong.

Children + guns = tragedy.

edit on 12/16/2012 by jiggerj because: (no reason given)

That is so true, especially the last couple of scenarios, something that adults are also not immune to, as well as the rest. Children think in right and wrong, even teenagers think in right and wrong, with not much in between. If they get it wrong by their own actions they could make their own hell.

posted on Dec, 16 2012 @ 04:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by oper8zhin

For those who disagree with our FORE-FATHERS WHO FOUNDED THIS COUNTRY, GET THE HELL OUT OF THE COUNTRY OR SHUT THE HELL UP ABOUT GUN CONTROL.

TWO CHOICES: SHUT UP, OR LEAVE AS YOU ARE ACTUALLY A TRAITOR ANYWAYS IF YOU IGNORE OUR BILL OF RIGHTS.

Hello,

Didn't they also give people freedom of speech? Or does that one not count here when they disagree with you?

posted on Dec, 16 2012 @ 04:48 PM
link   
Gun rights advocates usually state that "if only that location wasn't a gun free zone, then someone else would likely be carrying and stop the perp". Well, the recent shootings all happened in "gun free zones", so I would expect the next big shooting to take place in a location where CCWs are known to be in abundance.

posted on Dec, 16 2012 @ 05:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by jiggerj

Originally posted by chefc14
I can't keep them in a safety bubble. I have always tried to teach my kids NEVER be a victim but unfortunately bad things happen. So yup, if I could let them, I would.
edit on 16-12-2012 by chefc14 because: (no reason given)

Okay, you do understand that you do not live in a bubble. So, even if your kids are responsible little humans, if they were ever given the right to carry a weapon, then every other kid would also be given that right. That is one scary proposition.

edit on 12/16/2012 by jiggerj because: (no reason given)

LMAO, agreed.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join