It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Let's Predict The Next Shooting Based On This Trend...

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 16 2012 @ 02:11 PM
link   
Most gun rights advocates have a lot of ammunition (pun intended) for arguing against gun control. There are many logical reasons to own a gun, but lately I'm noticing a few of these arguments are being systematically defeated by examples of real life occurrences. For example, one point the "gun nuts" usually make is "if only someone else was carrying then they could have taken the shooter out, and prevented a lot of deaths". Well, what if the shooting in front of the Empire State Building this year (Where the NYPD shot nine bystanders), was set up to give the "gun grabbers" a real life event to cite when arguing why more CCWs is a bad idea.

Another point usually made is "it's the people that kill, not the gun". While it does seem logical that if someone is determined to kill they will use anything to get the job done. However, it's hard to use any facts to back this up until... the events yesterday. Someone in China slashed or stabbed like 22 kids in an elementary school on the same day as the horrible shooting here. When you look at the big picture this is not a coincedence. This was another 'operation' to give the "gun grabbers" another real life occurrence to cite. They now have two very similar situations where the only variables are the weapons used, and the number deceased. The kids in China were only hurt with the knife, the American kids however were killed with guns. This gives the "gun grabbers" ground to stand on fighting the "guns don't kill people" stance.

The last point I can think of is "When seconds count, the police are minutes away". Well, in the mall shooting last week, the press drilled it home that the reponse of the police and SWAT were in record time. They prevented a lot of deaths by getting there so soon. Once again, another winning argument "gun nuts" used to use.

If you subscribe to the "staged shooting" conpiracies, then I need your help. We need to figure out what other possible scenarios would need to happen in order for guns right advocates to have no leg to stand on anymore. I've given three common arguments, please contribute, we may be able to predict the next one!

For the record, I am FOR gun rights. These are just my observations of how they will convince the public that guns are bad. They will stage more shootings!!!!

posted on Dec, 16 2012 @ 02:21 PM
link   
Well the South is full of guns. Southerners do not think of guns as weapons of destruction. They are around them all their lives. So it would most likely occur in the north or west. They could do it in the south but the odds are not as favorable there for a mass killing. The perp would most likely be from a liberal town. Schools will be pretty much locked down. Shopping malls and theaters would be packed this time of year. Hopefully there will be beefed up security anywhere there are crowds. I think there will be a lot on the news about foiled attacks but probably no successful ones. Unless people are foolish enough to not bother having security where large crowds gather. Lets hope nothing happens instead.

posted on Dec, 16 2012 @ 02:27 PM
link   
you cant predict when the next crazed individual will do something similiar
it will happen again and again but at least the yanks can still use an automatic weapon to take down deer
just so they can stick its dead corpse on there wall

posted on Dec, 16 2012 @ 02:38 PM
link   
I believe it's been reported that this guy helped end the Oregon mall shootings before the cops even arrived.
www.kgw.com...
It's always reported that this is a depressing time of the year for many people. This doesn't help matters much. There's also a lot of end of the world stuff being talked about. Whether you believe or not there are many many people that do believe and who knows what they're liable to do? I'm afraid to say that the next week will probably have more of these types of events happening for various reasons.
It sure does seem to be a crazy coincidence that these things are happening. I hate the way they are reported. The media is definitely pushing an agenda. As I was watching the news Friday night and they were going through the history of mass shootings my wife looked at me and said,"what do these previous shootings have to do with this guy going into a school and killing children?" I looked at her and said,"God I love you." The only thing they have in common is the gun. They were done for different reasons by different people. The media wants them to be connected and they want everyone in fear of the dreaded GUN.
I've seen articles where 2 different people were picked up Friday morning planning or talking about shooting up schools. A guy was arrested in California for discharging 50 rounds from his pistol in a mall parking lot. Somethings in the air and it isn't good. The attention whores will be planning on their moment in the spotlight.
My prediction,is a few more this week.
edit on 16-12-2012 by chefc14 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 16 2012 @ 02:40 PM
link   
Not funny man.. Not funny at all. Trying to "predict" when some nut job is going to kill more innocent people? That's just as sick!

posted on Dec, 16 2012 @ 02:44 PM
link   
I hope I'm wrong. I worry about my family as anyone else would. I wish I could let my kids take their semi auto .25 pistols to school with them. They're trained to use them and I'm confident they wouldn't have any accidents with them.

posted on Dec, 16 2012 @ 02:45 PM
link   
The next shooting already happened. Turn on a police scanner.

posted on Dec, 16 2012 @ 02:46 PM
link   
I think it's a bad idea to try and predict it in any detail on a web site. It could be seen as a plan or incitement. The worst thing that could happen is you guess right and then the authorities believe it was more than a good guess.

posted on Dec, 16 2012 @ 02:54 PM
link   
Not exactly in the best possible taste is it? If you want to lobby for guns, lobby, forget about predictions.

posted on Dec, 16 2012 @ 03:06 PM
link   
reply to post by Frettin

disregard

edit on (12/16/1212 by loveguy because: GVMs is put best

posted on Dec, 16 2012 @ 03:09 PM
link   
reply to post by Frettin

Crazy person in a school/mall/any place that people don't usually have guns to defend themselves.

Done and done.
edit on 16-12-2012 by GogoVicMorrow because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 16 2012 @ 03:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by chefc14
I hope I'm wrong. I worry about my family as anyone else would. I wish I could let my kids take their semi auto .25 pistols to school with them. They're trained to use them and I'm confident they wouldn't have any accidents with them.

You are confident that your "children" wouldn't have any accidents with guns? Do you not understand the concept of children learning through mistakes?

Kids have accidents.
Kids make mistakes.
Kids yield to peer pressure.
Kids like showing off.
Kids sometimes lose control.
Kids sometimes read a situation wrong.

Children + guns = tragedy.

edit on 12/16/2012 by jiggerj because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 16 2012 @ 03:16 PM
link   
It will happen again whenever the BASTARDS who are planning these SICK DEMENTED SHOOTINGS feel it is fit. It is a PLANNED disarming just as was done in other countries who were WOEFULLY IGNORANT in allowing the PLAN to work.

For the DUMMIES who believe that the sotuion is gun control, [color=dodgerblue]the FOUNDERS of this great country included an AMENDMENT in our Bill Of Rights that give us citizens the RIGHT TO KEEP AND BEAR ARMS. PERIOD.

For those who disagree with our FORE-FATHERS WHO FOUNDED THIS COUNTRY, GET THE HELL OUT OF THE COUNTRY OR SHUT THE HELL UP ABOUT GUN CONTROL.

TWO CHOICES: SHUT UP, OR LEAVE AS YOU ARE ACTUALLY A TRAITOR ANYWAYS IF YOU IGNORE OUR BILL OF RIGHTS.

Period.

End of discussion.

Right to keep and bear arms

A well-regulated militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear arms, shall not be infringed.

edit on 16-12-2012 by oper8zhin because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 16 2012 @ 03:22 PM
link   
reply to post by Hellas

Not as sick as idly sitting here while these attacks keep happening. The purpose of this thread is to raise awareness of this trend and hopefully people will be on their toes if anything happens while they are in one of these scenarios.

posted on Dec, 16 2012 @ 03:24 PM
link   
reply to post by BrianFlanders

Good point, I will let the general consensus of all the posts here do the predicting. I don't intend to write a conclusion or anything, just a place to gather concerns.

posted on Dec, 16 2012 @ 03:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by jiggerj

You are confident that your "children" wouldn't have any accidents with guns? Do you not understand the concept of children learning through mistakes?

Kids have accidents.
Kids make mistakes.
Kids yield to peer pressure.
Kids like showing off.
Kids sometimes lose control.
Kids sometimes read a situation wrong.

Children + guns = tragedy.

You are correct, all of those things could happen, or not. Nothing is 100% but I do trust my kids and I do know that they have been trained well. They know how easy it is to end up dead and they know how dangerous a weapon can be. I know in my imaginary world I can wish to let them take them to school but in reality it couldn't happen. Every time I hear about a child getting abducted I wish I could let my kids carry. It's ever so hard to let them out of my sight but I can't keep them in a safety bubble. I have always tried to teach my kids NEVER be a victim but unfortunately bad things happen. So yup, if I could let them, I would.

posted on Dec, 16 2012 @ 03:41 PM
link   
reply to post by Frettin

ignore the moral cowards with their heads up their butts attempting to demonize you,

one even pulled his/her head out a sec to pull a claim that attempting to predict
the next shooting is equal to planning it
, obviously in law enforcement, and i'll point out that this kind of "thinking" by LEO's[i know, contradiction] is why real psychics will NOT contact the authorities about tragedies they see if they are unable to prevent them on their own:
why stick your neck out if you're going to be blamed for it?

then there's the fact that if you were to stumble upon the method behind the madness, predict when the next "lone wolf" [with disappearing accomplices] strikes, and prove somebody is behind these seemingly random killings

they'd have to pull their heads out.

note the irrational anger directed towards you, this is the same violent reaction seen in people resisting having their delusions removed, or their lies exposed.

F&S

posted on Dec, 16 2012 @ 04:20 PM
link   
Maybe we should take a look at the children of people scheduled to testify before Congress about the LIBOR Scandal.

Video: 2 Mass Shootings Connected To Libor Scandal?

posted on Dec, 16 2012 @ 04:27 PM
link   

I can't keep them in a safety bubble. I have always tried to teach my kids NEVER be a victim but unfortunately bad things happen. So yup, if I could let them, I would.

Okay, you do understand that you do not live in a bubble. So, even if your kids are responsible little humans, if they were ever given the right to carry a weapon, then every other kid would also be given that right. That is one scary proposition.

posted on Dec, 16 2012 @ 04:36 PM
link   
"When guns are outlawed, only outlaws will have guns" is another common argument. Well, I guess you can expect to see a rash of criminals turning in their guns, or stolen guns being seized by the police. Gun grabbers will say "look outlaws don't have guns anymore" lol

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join