It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Knife's have multiple uses, guns don't

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 16 2012 @ 12:21 PM
link   
The reason for me making this thread is because i have seen lots of comments on various threads saying things along the lines of " why don't they ban knife's as well then" This is not a valid point, knife's have multiple uses, cutting meat, eating with, skinning things, carving things.
Gun's are made for one thing, to KILL, simple as that, if someone knows of another use for a gun other than ending life, can you please share it with me. So to all the posters who have said, ban knife's then, ban tools etc etc, your point is not valid, Gun's end life nothing more, no other use for it, nada .

posted on Dec, 16 2012 @ 12:22 PM
link   
reply to post by Undeadlady

Why don't they ban EVERYTHING! Lets expand government until we everyone is apart of the government or in a camp.

+3 more 
posted on Dec, 16 2012 @ 12:23 PM
link   

Not every shot is fatal. Just like not every knife wound is fatal... your argument is rather weak.

+6 more 
posted on Dec, 16 2012 @ 12:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by Undeadlady
The reason for me making this thread is because i have seen lots of comments on various threads saying things along the lines of " why don't they ban knife's as well then" This is not a valid point, knife's have multiple uses, cutting meat, eating with, skinning things, carving things.
Gun's are made for one thing, to KILL, simple as that, if someone knows of another use for a gun other than ending life, can you please share it with me. So to all the posters who have said, ban knife's then, ban tools etc etc, your point is not valid, Gun's end life nothing more, no other use for it, nada .

Guns have lots of uses: collecting them like Pokemon cards; penis substitutes, and a lucky charm (apparently they stop the government doing bad things - even though the government does bad things on a daily basis).

posted on Dec, 16 2012 @ 12:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by onequestion

Why don't they ban EVERYTHING! Lets expand government until we everyone is apart of the government or in a camp.

Well, i don't really think a ban will work, too many guns in America to recover, but it would be worth a try, but comparing guns to everyday item's with multiple uses is pointless.

posted on Dec, 16 2012 @ 12:28 PM
link   

Gun's are made for one thing, to KILL, simple as that, if someone knows of another use for a gun other than ending life, can you please share it with me.

Clay pigeon shooting.

posted on Dec, 16 2012 @ 12:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by Swizzy

Not every shot is fatal. Just like not every knife wound is fatal... your argument is rather weak.

Sure, there not all fatal, but at least if someone comes at me with a knife i have time and chance on my side to defend myself, if the attacker has a gun, i'm pretty much 99% going to die even before i have had time to think, so my argument is pretty strong as far as im concerned

+8 more 
posted on Dec, 16 2012 @ 12:29 PM
link   
1. target shooting, it's an Olympic sport.

2. hunting for food.

3. The stopping of someone else with a gun (this owner never had to fire a shot to stop the killer).

Clackamas man, armed, confronts mall shooter

4. Protection while in the woods against animal predators.

So there are 4 reasons to own a gun that doesn't involve killing a human.

posted on Dec, 16 2012 @ 12:30 PM
link   

Guns can be a tool to teach children responsibility, focus and respect for dangerous situations.

Guns have more than one purpose

posted on Dec, 16 2012 @ 12:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by khimbar

Gun's are made for one thing, to KILL, simple as that, if someone knows of another use for a gun other than ending life, can you please share it with me.

Clay pigeon shooting.

Nice one, but are the not large rifle types, with special bullets, not the type you can fire in rapid succession? I could be wrong as i know nothing about guns, only they are designed to take away life.

posted on Dec, 16 2012 @ 12:32 PM
link   
Cool another thread about this crap...did ATS crack a million threads on the same subject yet???????

Looks like this increase in shooting reports is working out just the way they were intended too.

posted on Dec, 16 2012 @ 12:33 PM
link   

Knifes can kill just as quickly is handled properly. A gun is also a poor weapon if the handler has no clue/experience so the 99% death rate you mentioned is farcical at best.

posted on Dec, 16 2012 @ 12:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by Carreau
1. target shooting, it's an Olympic sport.

2. hunting for food.

3. The stopping of someone else with a gun (this owner never had to fire a shot to stop the killer).

Clackamas man, armed, confronts mall shooter

4. Protection while in the woods against animal predators.

So there are 4 reasons to own a gun that doesn't involve killing a human.

2 of you replies here involve killing, so only 2 points are valid. Mabye 1 because the Olympic sport is conducted in a controlled environment.

posted on Dec, 16 2012 @ 12:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by khimbar

Clay pigeon shooting.

Nice one, but are the not large rifle types, with special bullets, not the type you can fire in rapid succession? I could be wrong as i know nothing about guns, only they are designed to take away life.

Yet you hate them all and they're all for killing, though you just admit you know nothing about them?

Whereas 'knife's' (sic) are just fine.
edit on 16-12-2012 by khimbar because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 16 2012 @ 12:35 PM
link   
I think the word you are going for is "Knives".
Maybe I'm wrong, who the hell knows and really cares?!

Anyway, guns do have multiple uses:
1) Sport (accuracy)
2) Hunting
3) Military Implications (defense, attacking, shooting terrorists, innocent children in undeclared wars over oil etc)
4) Defense (against home intruder or assailant)

Everything has multiple uses. In 6th grade I made a bong out of a telescope.

The functions are different based on the mechanics of it all and i think perhaps that's what yo meant.
In other words, "gun go boom" and that's all. But that's just the mechanics. "Knife go cut" too, ya know.

posted on Dec, 16 2012 @ 12:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by Mrgone

Guns can be a tool to teach children responsibility, focus and respect for dangerous situations.

Guns have more than one purpose

Ok this reply is a belter. Please tell me your are having a laugh. because if you are not, well the situation in America is only going to get worse as the decades roll by.

posted on Dec, 16 2012 @ 12:37 PM
link   

Education instead of right out prohibition goes a long way.

link   

Originally posted by Swizzy

Knifes can kill just as quickly is handled properly.

Not really. In a single instance, maybe: comparing one shot against one shot/throw maybe. But pulling the knife out of one body in order to stab someone else, and again and again? No comparison to the hit rate of a gun.

A gun is also a poor weapon if the handler has no clue/experience so the 99% death rate you mentioned is farcical at best.

Which casts a shadow on the usefulness of the 2nd amendment.

link   

you listed "eating meat" how did that animal die? "skinning things" how did that animal die? So lets remove your list of knife uses that involve dead things as well.

posted on Dec, 16 2012 @ 12:41 PM
link   
reply to post by Merriman Weir

The point is if it's legal you can get real professional training on how to use and maintain a gun safely. If it's illegal I'm guessing all you can do is go in your backyard, hit a few cans and hope that when it comes down to it you're prepared.

I'd rather have real training thank you very much

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join